Barricade Day 2017

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.

When do you want to have the Barricade Day livestream?

During the weekend before Barricade Day (June 3rd/4th)
No votes
During the day on Monday, June 5th
29%
During the evening on Monday, June 5th
43%
During the day on Tuesday, June 6th
14%
During the evening on Tuesday, June 6th
14%

Total votes: 7

deHavilland

Barricade Day 2017

Postby deHavilland » Sat May 27, 2017 10:22 pm

The 185th Barricade Day is fast approaching! In previous years we've had livestreams, writing prompt challenges and eulogies. I'm happy to host a livestream this year -- if you want to partake, please answer the poll in regards to when is the best time to watch. I'm on vacation right now, so I can host long into the night if so desired -- and feel free to comment here with suggestions for what you think we should watch, as well as other possible Barricade Day events you want other people to get on board with!

UPDATE:
The Barricade Day livestream will be on June 6th at 12:00 PM EDT (5:00 PM BDT) here.

Please note: the livestream is not an "if you miss the starting kick-off, you miss the whole thing" event. If you can't join us right at 12:00 EDT, join in when you can for as long or as little as you'd like. We've had the stream last upwards of twelve hours before, so hopefully everyone can find time to join in the "joyous celebration" that is Barricade Day 2017.

If anyone has any requests for what to stream, feel free to shout out. There may or may not be a list of things that are readily available here.
Last edited by deHavilland on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Prisoner 24653

Re: Barricade Day 2017

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:35 am

I should be okay most times after the weekend... Voted for the evening of the 6th figuring that it'd be afternoon in my time zone; but the 5th would also work. Whenever it is, though, I'll try to pop in! :)

Edited to add: The 3rd will absolutely not work for me, though. Alas. So I hope it won't be then, unless that ends up being best for everyone else.
Last edited by Prisoner 24653 on Sun May 28, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Just realized I clicked the time according to my own timezone :lol: The day on June 6th would be best cause then it'll be evening for me :)
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun May 28, 2017 5:32 pm

I think I'm lucky in that this year barricade day is nicely in study leave and nowhere near my exams, so pretty much any time may be ok for me :D
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:05 pm

I've got nothing going on June 5 any time of day, but the air-conditioning man is coming for the semi-annual checkup the afternoon of June 6 (which I like to reserve for D-Day anyhow). My time zone is -6, same as Dallas and Chicago.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Postby 23623 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:48 am

I don't even know what time zone I'd be in on barricade day as I'll be traveling, but I'd definitely join you if I could use Internet on the flight.

As my personal contribution to barricade day:
PM me for a gift by Wednesday. My collection is rather small but I'll try my best to give you something that you might find interesting!
:wink:
Revolution, but civilization

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon May 29, 2017 5:44 pm

I have D&D on Saturday so would only be available later on, probably from about 9pm BST, though could stay up late.. I can't do the 6th, so Sunday or Monday would be better for me. Monday I will be home from about 5pm BST and would need to be done by midnight.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue May 30, 2017 1:36 am

Either one should work for me :)

I feel sad last barricade day I was in Paris... and last year at this time I landed in Paris.

Now i'm in my boring old hometown in my childhood bedroom :oops:
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 am

Although the poll is a little all over the place at the moment, by interpreting Morbidmuch's vote being June 6th (Daytime) and Acaila's "I can't do the 6th" turning into "I can do the 6th," we're now tied June 5th (Evening) with June 6th (Daytime).

Since I'm hosting the livestream, I'm going to tie break.

The Barricade Day livestream will be on June 6th at 12:00 PM EDT (5:00 PM BDT) here.

Please note: the livestream is not an "if you miss the starting kick-off, you miss the whole thing" event. If you can't join us right at 12:00 EDT, join in when you can for as long or as little as you'd like. We've had the stream last upwards of twelve hours before, so hopefully everyone can find time to join in the "joyous celebration" that is Barricade Day 2017.

If anyone has any requests for what to stream, feel free to shout out. There may or may not be a list of things that are readily available here.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:58 am

11 AM CDT. Don't know when the air conditioner guy is coming but I'll be able to see part of it.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:15 am

Sounds great! It's gonna be my first Barricade Day, so I'm super excited :D
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

Olivia_y

Postby Olivia_y » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:23 pm

That's 5pm on Tuesday in the UK right? I'd love to join in too!

(My last exam is on the 5th of June, and I was tempted to play ODM except things didn't exactly turn out great so maybe not...)

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:25 pm

7 AM for me in Hawaii... Think that'll work! I'm kinda curious about the West End casts with Daniel Koek as Valjean and Tam Mutu as Javert, but will be happy to watch whichever boot you wish to show. :D

Postby 23623 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:43 pm

*deleted* sorry :oops:
Revolution, but civilization

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Happy Barricade Day, folks! Link to the stream is above. I'm on early so there's music and chatting if you show up before noon. (Curtain is not until the announced time.)

Return to “General Discussion”