NaNoWriMo 2016

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
deHavilland

NaNoWriMo 2016

Postby deHavilland » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:26 pm

For some people, the last week of October is all about gearing up for Halloween -- but something even more important happens when the clock strikes midnight on October 31st: it's the start of National Novel Writing Month!

Anyone else on Abaisse participating this year? I had a great win streak going on since 2004, but the past couple of years I haven't hit that 50,000 word mark. This will be NaNo #12 for me and I'm planning on winning! :twisted:
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Re: NaNoWriMo 2016

Postby Acaila » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:59 pm

I wasn't going to, but now I'm starting to swither about it. I haven't done it since I started teaching, but I'm doing a little bit better timewise this year. I had a really good idea last year (it is very VERY dark, to the point I worry about my psyche), but I've always done fanfiction before, so I'm a little scared!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Stop swithering and do it, ya big weenie. The worst that can happen is you don't reach the final word count!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:01 am

So that's the first week of NaNo down and I'm sitting at a nice and comfortable 11,750. Just a little above today's word count goal. (A very little.) Pumped to hit week two and maybe see something that vaguely resembles actual plot development turn up.

Return to “General Discussion”