Getting Cast but not a Callback?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
CourfeyracNroll

Getting Cast but not a Callback?

Postby CourfeyracNroll » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:57 pm

I recently auditioned for my school's fall play. (Specifically, Wednesday and Tuesday of this week.) Call backs were posted today, and I didn't make the list. Although I don't feel particularly good about my audition, I was wondering how common it is to get cast without having a callback?

Thanks for your feedback! :mrgreen:

Acaila

Re: Getting Cast but not a Callback?

Postby Acaila » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:26 am

Depends on how your director works. I was always trained to only call back if I was unsure after the audition, otherwise you're just wasting their time and yours, but equally many directors especially at an amateur level call back everyone they're interested in. Good luck!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CourfeyracNroll

Re: Getting Cast but not a Callback?

Postby CourfeyracNroll » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Acaila wrote:Depends on how your director works. I was always trained to only call back if I was unsure after the audition, otherwise you're just wasting their time and yours, but equally many directors especially at an amateur level call back everyone they're interested in. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply!!
Unfortunately, I didn't get cast, though I am going to be in charge of costumes and makeup for the show. :mrgreen:
But good to know for future reference! :)

Return to “General Discussion”