MST thread?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.

Would you like me to establish a badfic-sporking thread on this board?

Yes
67%
No
33%
No opinion
No votes

Total votes: 3

Majestic_Picnob

MST thread?

Postby Majestic_Picnob » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:34 am

So, my semester's almost done and I've recently been itching to mock some bad Mizfic (because, let's face it, there's a lot) so I was wondering what my fellow Abaisse boarders would think of me starting an MST thread? I know we all like mocking silly trends in the LM fandom. I consulted with Acaila, who was generally for it (and even thought she might contribute) but who was concerned about possible backlash should anyone find their fix there. So, she suggested I collect opinions here, and that's what I'm doing!

So, what do you say? Would you read a sporking thread? I already have a fic in mind for my first entry!
"Oh my God! I'll never have time to strike a pose!"

Prisoner 24653

Re: MST thread?

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:52 am

I vote yes... Sporking of bad movies, fics, and other stuff is always fun. :D

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

I vote yes, but could we maybe put it on a members-only locked board? With the badfic especially, a lot of it is because the authors are young and/or inexperienced, so I'm personally not that comfortable with public griping. If that's not possible/other people don't want to go that route, that's understandable too.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:36 pm

I think General Discussion is only viewable to members, which was where I was suggesting, since the fic board is really just for posting in. :)
I mean, I do think you lot are a terribly nice bunch by internet standards, so it's not so much that I'm worried you will be super horrible, more that you will worry that you are even when you're not :lol:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:28 pm

I can go into General Discussion when I'm not logged in, but then again, I have been able to see things on other sites that were only supposed to be visible to those who had paid a subscription, so maybe it normally is locked. Might be an iPad thing. The other locked boards stay locked, though, so maybe not.

ETA: Judging by the "Guests" it says are in this board right now, no, it doesn't lock.

Acaila wrote:it's not so much that I'm worried you will be super horrible, more that you will worry that you are even when you're not :lol:

...Okay, definitely true. :oops: :lol:
Last edited by Gervais on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Best to put it on a members-only thread indeed. I know this is in good fun, but the internet is a place to misconstrue things. I'm not that comfortable with public griping especially in this fandom because I've seen the idiotic backlash already.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:32 am

Agreed with Relly. I think Abaisse already has a reputation for being snobbish and cliquey -- when we're not, you know, totally inactive -- and if it got around that not only are we "snobbish and cliquey" in our supposed erudition, we're also slamming on poorly written fic, it won't reflect terribly well on the community. Locked board is certainly best, though still not all that secure.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Return to “General Discussion”