Battle of (H)Ernani

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
between4walls

Battle of (H)Ernani

Postby between4walls » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:49 am

In the 2014-15 season, Verdi's Ernani, adapted from Hugo's Hernani, will be playing at the Met in NYC. Does anyone want to go as a group at some point? Perhaps attired in Hernani-appropriate dress? The schedules and all aren't out yet afaik but I just wanted to test the waters.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

deHavilland

Re: Battle of (H)Ernani

Postby deHavilland » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 am

This is a beautiful idea and the answer is yes. Flamboyant waistcoats for all!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm

It's halfway across the world from me, but if you throw in a bit of a mini-riot with the flamboyant outfits, I may add it to my schedule :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

between4walls

Postby between4walls » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:48 pm

The dates it's playing are listed here- March-April 2015. The weekend dates are Sat April 4 and Sat April 11.
Here day embraces night, and says: I will die with you and you will be reborn with me. From the heavy embrace of all desolations springs faith.

The real name of devotion is disinterestedness.

Return to “General Discussion”