Prayer Requests

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Barricade Butterfly

Re: Prayer Requests

Postby Barricade Butterfly » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:11 am

Yes, I heard about that. It's a bit of a controversy here, some say the country needs to help their own girls, or whatever. Whatever is politically correct, I just can't stop thinking about the human side of it. When things like this happen, no matter how I look at it, I'm always thinking about the people involved, and not the greater-good kind of choice. I'm sorry to say I actually don't know what the current situation of that is, but I'm praying for those girls and the families.

As to me, prayers for my grandmother and those close to her. It's Father's Day tomorrow for us, and her father (my great-grandfather) passed away only two months ago. I know that seems like a long time, but for the wounds to have just gotten easier to deal with, and for the first one without him, it's going to be really hard for her.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and which cannot be silenced"--Victor Hugo

Barricade Butterfly

Postby Barricade Butterfly » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm

I'm sorry for the double post, but my brother's friend and her family definitely need some prayer...she's 12 and she's having open-heart surgery tomorrow. There's a good chance everything will go well, but there are potential risks to her vocal cords, and besides that it's just scary to go through that or to have your family member go through that.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and which cannot be silenced"--Victor Hugo

R the Cynic

Postby R the Cynic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:16 pm

I hope all goes well! I will most definitely pray for her.
He who does not weep does not see.

'Vive la Rèpublique! I belong to it!'

Je n'entrave que le dail comment meck, le daron des orgues, peut atiger ses mômes et ses momingards et les locher criblant sans être agité lui-même.

Barricade Butterfly

Postby Barricade Butterfly » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:16 am

Thank you...I will be sure to update on how it goes.

EDIT 6/17--She's safely out of surgery and doing well. :D She was in surgery for six hours and is now in ICU and starting down the long road of recovery. Thank you to those whose thoughts/prayers were/are with her!

snowfwake6

Postby snowfwake6 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:12 am

Prayers for my 20 year old cousin Alex who is having brain surgery this Friday. I really appreciate it.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:04 pm

I was about to drop off a prayer request for my own university studies-- but something more urgent came up.

I grew up in a very tightly knit church in New Jersey, everybody knew everybody. I have not been around much these past few years because i've been away at school. There was a girl Sarah who was a couple years younger than me. We were not close- she had her own group, I had mine- Sarah was very quite, sweet and always wanted to please everybody. Sarah struggled with depression since she was in high school, and tragically on Monday she jumped off of a bridge and by the time help came she was gone. She was only 18. Many people in my home church are shocked with this incident, her best friend did not even want to go up to the coffin because she was so upset.

Her family was one of the sweetest families, they came from Trinidad which is unrelated but an interesting fact. Her older brother attends my university but I never really see him, her two little brothers are in a state of shock.

Our church can only hold 180 people-- I heard about 300+ came for her funeral, and it was standing room only.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Maria Combeferre

Postby Maria Combeferre » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Next weekend I have to fly to England for a friends wedding and I am freaking out! I am uncomfortable about flying at best and this summer it seems like absolute folly! I would really like you to pray for protection for me and my friends as well as for me to trust God and let go of my fear.
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Maria Combeferre wrote:Next weekend I have to fly to England for a friends wedding and I am freaking out! I am uncomfortable about flying at best and this summer it seems like absolute folly! I would really like you to pray for protection for me and my friends as well as for me to trust God and let go of my fear.

You can do it! I have a crippling fear of flying myself and also just flew to England from Canada. Seven hours on a plane just isn't meant for me. But I'm here and you can be too! Bring a book that can keep your brain well occupied to read through landing and take off since you can't have headphones in.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Maria Combeferre

Postby Maria Combeferre » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:43 pm

You're a real sweetheart, you know that right? <3 <3 <3
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

acanais48

Postby acanais48 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 am

freedomlover wrote:I'm afraid my prayers always sound so blunt, whenever I pray in public and not as polished and beautiful as prayers elders at my church give assurances obsèques. But nonetheless they are prayers to the same God who knows all of our needs. :)

You're absolutely right. When one prays, one addresses one and the same God. We can all ask for it.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 pm

acanais48 wrote:
freedomlover wrote:I'm afraid my prayers always sound so blunt, whenever I pray in public and not as polished and beautiful as prayers elders at my church give assurances obsèques. But nonetheless they are prayers to the same God who knows all of our needs. :)

You're absolutely right. When one prays, one addresses one and the same God. We can all ask for it.
Yes.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Fri May 12, 2017 3:32 am

Is this an all faith thing? Or just Christian?

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Rachel wrote:Is this an all faith thing? Or just Christian?

I'd say all. Some faiths are atheist, of course.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:31 pm

Pray for the people of Texas in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.

CC21106 I hope you and your family are ok. If any other Abaisse members are in Texas and Louisiana or have family and friend there thoughts and prayers being sent your way.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:21 am

Sending well-wishes to everyone dealing with flooding in Texas and South Asia, and also the refugees fleeing Myanmar. This has not been a good week for the world in general, it seems. :(

Return to “General Discussion”