Prayer Requests

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Rachel

Re: Prayer Requests

Postby Rachel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 am

Hey, God. People always tell me that if I want to pray I should just talk to you like a friend. A somewhat intimidating friend, as my afterlife rests in your hands, apparently. But I digress.

I almost never pray, but I think I'll make an exception here.

Lizbeth, though I didn't know you personally, you were such a joy to have in this community. You were your own little star of light up in the jaws of the clouds, and just like a star, you're still shining brightly, even after you're gone. God, if she's up there with you, and we know she is, could you please send her our love and tell her we miss her? But we know she'll make a lovely angel, even if we don't know why you needed to take her this soon.

Goodbye, Lizbeth. I hope it's nice beyond the barricade.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 am

That was beautiful, Rachel. :|
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:26 am

Dear God,

I didn't know Lizbeth very well, and I think that's what hurts the most about this, because now I'll never get to know her. The idea that a life can be so short seems unnatural to me. The idea that a life can be fulfilled in twelve short years is crazy to me, but thinking about it, look at all the lives Lizbeth has already touched. There is purpose in every life, and on the flip side, so does every death. I don't know what the purpose of her death is now, but I pray that someday I'll understand.

I pray for everyone who knew Lizbeth in real life and that you surround them with love and comfort in this time of great sorrow and need. I don't really know what else to say God, but that's okay because you know what my heart wants to say even before I try to verbalize it. I pray that those sentiments will be felt by all who knew Lizbeth.

With all my love,
Amen
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 am

I'm not that good in prayers. But I was positively devastated, our little Gavroche, even though I had never spoken to you before. You seem like a wonderful person, so lively and young, and it's such an awful shame. But at the same time know that you are not forgotten and that you'll always shine to guide us. For sure we will never forget you and we'll remember the best of you. I hope you get the best role up there and a little fall of rain can hardly hurt you now.
I pray for your family and friends and hope that you'll always guide them, our little Gavroche, and that you'll have left those beautiful memories for everyone behind you.
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:11 am

Hello God,

It's been a while. I guess we never know Your reasons for these things or Your great plan behind it all. All the same we thank You for Lizbeth, for letting us come to know such a lovely person even for a brief point in time. We thank You for the blessing she was to her family and friends, and all the people in her life. We commend her to Your loving care. Inasmuch as we grieve for Lizbeth, we believe that You have called her home for a reason. We pray for all those she left behind, that they may in time move past grief and cherish the memories of their time together.

Thank You again.
Amen.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

AFarawaySong

Postby AFarawaySong » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I honestly have no words.I'm just... Thank you. Thank you for putting this up Mabz, and thank everyone for praying for Lizbeth. I just don't know what to say, but, here goes.

I'm not sure if I believe in God. Lizbeth and I are agnostics (Oh gosh, I'm still talking about her in the present tense) and it's just... You don't know, really, do you? But I'm keeping an open mind and, God, if you're listening, please tell Lizbeth that I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't have time to take you to see Love Never Dies. I'm sorry you never got to perform to everyone a Gavroche, I'm sorry you didn't get to live out barricade day 2013, I'm sorry you never saw me turn 16. You should see my dress for your funeral. It's just like Cosette's, her convent one. I think you'd have liked it, you were a Mizzie until the end. You told me in truth or dare once that you'd want Empty Chairs At Empty Tables played at your funeral. I'm going to sing it for you, Lizbeth. True, I'll sing it higher, you know I can't hit those low notes, but I'll sin it for you all the same. Your friend who is a boy looked sad today. Scratch that, he's looked sad since June 6th. I really think he liked you, Lizbeth. He's coming to your funeral. And remember Kay? That girl we met on holiday? She's uploaded that Azelma/Jehan fic you wanted her to upload age ago. She still sends her letters, you know. Says you were the best pen friend ever, and I expect she's right. She's told me she's gone vegan. I think you might have influenced her, you said vegan ism was impossible, remember? She says she trying to prove you wrong. So, Lizbeth, all I can say is I'm going to miss you more than humanly possible, and they better have Les Mis in heaven.

Who knows. Maybe you'll get to meet Victor Hugo after all...

Your sister, who wishes she could share a room again,
Reese (Peanut Butter) xxxxxxx
♬ ❤ α ƒαяαωαч ѕσηg ❤ ♬

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 pm

*smishes* :'( I'm sure you will sing ECAET beautifully, she would be proud... It is totally alright to talk in present tense, that must be so hard :(

God is there for you, and i'm sure he also wants to give you a huge hug right now and whisper "I love you..."
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 am

I feel like this may be silly- but i'm hoping to see Les Mis on stage Monday at an outdoor theater, it will be cancelled if it rains too much. Please pray that the isolated thunderstorms are *not* by the play, and we will have good weather.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:52 am

I'm babysitting a dog and right now she is in the ER with congestive heart failure :cry:

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Sorry I only saw this now, Em. How is the dog?
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 pm

she is doing better :)

EDIT: well, for now... they have some tests :oops: she is stable though.

R the Cynic

Postby R the Cynic » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:16 am

So it turns out that a girl on my gymnastics team has been struggling with cutting. No one knew about it until recently when we heard the news that she had been hospitalized for depression. We couldn't have done anything about it sooner, as she never seemed at all depressed and wore about ten bracelets on her wrists to cover the scars, but everyone feels guilty that we didn't do something about it sooner. Not only that, but people she knows over social networking sites have found out about it, and have been terribly cyber bullying her, to the extent of saying they hope she cuts deep enough to kill herself. I hate people, in the respect that they would do such terrible things while she's going through a tough time like this. I can't even imagine how much this must be affecting her, as I see her check her phone for updates at every break we have. The team has been super nice and supportive of her, but I feel like she could use the extra prayers.
Thanks everyone for your prayers,
Cynic
He who does not weep does not see.

'Vive la Rèpublique! I belong to it!'

Je n'entrave que le dail comment meck, le daron des orgues, peut atiger ses mômes et ses momingards et les locher criblant sans être agité lui-même.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:18 am

So sorry to hear this, R.

It's good that you're there to support her. Hope that she gets through this and that the cyberbullies back off.

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:30 am

Are people seriously trying to make it worse? If someone is depressed and cutting, they should be given support and understanding. I've thought about it myself when I've had a bad day, wondering what it would be like, but I don't. Regardless, I know that if I was cutting, the worst thing that someone could do was to encourage it and tell me I ought to kill myself. You don't tell someone depressed that you hope they commit suicide!
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:27 pm

A little trivial but there's this: I think my dog's epilepsy is worsening. There's no cure for it. :cry:

Return to “General Discussion”