Literary Crushes

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Acaila

Re: Literary Crushes

Postby Acaila » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:03 am

I love that you say Atticus is quite old but not Lestat ;)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:30 am

Lestat was only 19 or 20 when he was turned, depending on which side of November his turning fell. The other 253 years don't count! (Oh jesus, I'm older than Lestat was when he was turned. What have I done with my life!?)
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Freespirited

Postby Freespirited » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:35 am

Acaila wrote:I love that you say Atticus is quite old but not Lestat ;)

deHavilland wrote:Lestat was only 19 or 20 when he was turned, depending on which side of November his turning fell. The other 253 years don't count! (Oh jesus, I'm older than Lestat was when he was turned. What have I done with my life!?)

Well, it's all relative :lol: I'm sure I missed about another thousand literary crushes - of varying ages :wink:
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:40 am

Eh, I figure once you start outright crushing on fictional dead French people from 200 years ago, you've pretty much accepted that there is no real point in trying to be normal in your affections.

Geronimo - you haven't murdered anyone to suck their blood. At least....not that I know of :shock:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Freespirited

Postby Freespirited » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 am

No, no blood-sucking in this poster's spare time :P
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:54 am

Acaila wrote:Geronimo - you haven't murdered anyone to suck their blood. At least....not that I know of :shock:

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Lucien Mullholland/ Luciano Crinamorte from the Stravaganza series. God I love him.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

femtaire

Postby femtaire » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh dear.... This is gonna be.... *coughs*

Harry Potter. Angsty teen, afraid and lonely. I love him like that. I'm sorry.
Grantaire. Angsty drunk, loving and caring only for Enjolras, his light, who doesn't care or even notice him.
Claude Frollo. A Priest who loves a woman. Loves too passionately.
....and I know this is gonna be really strange, but Voldemort. Once a lonely boy with no future, then talented young man who made all the wrong choices and then a ghost of a man, made of ambitious, fear and hate. Pure evil with no soul. Mmmmmmhhhhnnn. I love his snake-a-like-thing, the way I imagine him to move his neck and hissing crusio.... I ship Pottermort too badly...
Cho Chang. I can't explain this. But I.... I have always loved her, with all her troubles and tragic relationships. Oh my, what a girl. I have written about her a lot, she inspires me in a kinda weird way. :oops: I ship Harry with her, but they always broke up very painfully.
.....in a way Ginny Weasley as well. Her attitude is awesome, she's boyish and girlish at the same time. But when I was younger I hated her, probably because I loved my angsty-Harryboy even then. ahahah.
And yup, Erik, the Phantom of the Opera. Not gonna say anything. Team Phantom forever. Sweet music, babe, yeah.

I think I have forgotten someone. I usually like strong women, but I think most of my loves are from tv-series's.... I'm probably gonna love Aliena as well when I finally start reading the Pillars of the Earth.
And, for those who didn't get it already, I love bad guys, so probably forgotten someone of them. :,3
i will follow you into the dark

Gigi

Postby Gigi » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Combeferre is probably my biggest literary crush at the mo. What could be better than a guy who carries loads of books everywhere? Also, the image of KillianDonnellyCombeferre carrying SamanthaBarksÉponine in his arms is stuck in my mind and I really wish I could trade places with Samantha...

I guess I could call Nicholas Nickleby a book crush as well. On the one hand I think he's not the most interesting character in the world, being so noble and heroic and stuff, but then again... He's just aww.

Jon Snow (from A Song of Ice and Fire). I was really obsessed with him by the time I started reading A Storm of Swords. And I'm really mad at George R. R. Martin for leaving Jon like THAT at the end of the fifth book.

Edward Ferrars. Everyone says he's a spineless whimp but I adore him <3
"Un incendie peut faire une aurore sans doute, mais pourquoi ne pas attendre le lever du jour?"

R the Cynic

Postby R the Cynic » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:20 pm

I have recently fallen madly in love with Fyodor Ivanovich Dolokhov from War and Peace
He who does not weep does not see.

'Vive la Rèpublique! I belong to it!'

Je n'entrave que le dail comment meck, le daron des orgues, peut atiger ses mômes et ses momingards et les locher criblant sans être agité lui-même.

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Haymitch Abernathy from the Hunger Games. I know he's a drunk but at heart he's this big cuddly teddy bear I just want to hug. :wink:
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:53 pm

I've developed a huge fictional crush on Sansa Stark and Margaery Tyrell. There, I said it.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Return to “General Discussion”