The thread where aweome Youtube videos belong.

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Alouette

Re: The thread where aweome Youtube videos belong.

Postby Alouette » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBDdWSGqRqs

Some impressions of a few familiar voices in there (and others that he just made up)

saminana

Postby saminana » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZunEARBb6I

Well... A lot of imagination...
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

saminana

Postby saminana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X11BGJXc7Rk&feature=share

Los Misérables, el musical - La compañía felicita la Navidad
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:30 am

Ah, I saw that on tumblr and I *love* it! So cute! It gave me Gavroche feels for probably the first time ever. And it brought me the gift of Ignasi Vidal <3
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 am

This version of "Confrontation" featuring Drew Sarich and Earl Carpenter has apparently been floating around for a while now, but I just discovered it.

. . . Am I a horrible person for wanting to hear the whole show done that way? :lol:

Postby 23623 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Not sure where to put this and I'm sorry it's not Les Mis related. Best of Musical Gala 2004: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CcL7MvbEXo

Any Scorpions fans here, like, besides me? Jump to 1:17:30. Here's Drew Sarich singing "Rock you like a hurricane" and then the German version of "Wind of Change"! :P

I was dealing with an assignment last night which required an incredible amount of German text reading. And suddenly I was wondering if Scorpions, aka the German band that never sing in German, really have no German songs or German versions of their English songs. This question that came out of nowhere made me forget about my homework completely and start searching in Youtube. And then this video appeared. :D I've been a fan of Scorpions since middle school but it's the first time that I've heard "Wind of change" sung in German. Have to admit it sounds better in English though. But...Klaus Meine's English pronunciation was so weird that I used to mishear a lot of their lyrics (say-->see, can/can't, etc) so actually this "correctly pronounced" version of Hurricane is quite a delight to me. XD

Small rant: I honestly don't understand why Kroger gets everywhere while he really can't sing anything. I usually don't bash people for no reason but he's the only exception. I apologize to all Kroger fans here. I'm really sorry.

Tanz der Vampire digression time: it's the first time I've seen Felix Martin as Krolock. He turns out to be much better than my expectation. I never expect much of him because he's one of my two least favorite der Tods (and the other one has just played Krolock in Berlin so I guess not seeing TdV Berlin this summer wasn't a huge loss, lol). And is that really Maricel playing Sarah? Now I need to search for her Sarah videos too.
Revolution, but civilization

Postby 23623 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Did an Australian Les Mis video hunt this morning (again) hoping for something of Quast and Warlow. No luck finding what I was looking for (as usual) but found this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg8kT-t6_58

Bohemian Rhapsody in Les Mis style. Totally cracked me up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy seems to be a Warlow fan. He has a collection of Warlow videos I've never seen before and I just happily went through all of them. :D But is there really no video of Quast and Warlow in Les Mis, Secret Garden or whatever shows they've done together? :(

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Here's a couple vids, I'm sure they've been linked to on here before, but this is what came to mind:

Anthony Warlow as Enjolras in the Australia Day Concert
Anthony Warlow as Enjolras in the Australia Day Concert II
Clips of Warlow as Enjolras from "The Australian Sensation" Documentary
One Day More from Australia Day Concert
Quast Performing Lily's Eyes in The Secret Garden -- but not Warlow, even though it says it is.
Quast and Warlow Performing Lily's Eyes Together

There isn't really any vid of them together from the Australian production of Les Mis. Most of the video footage we have of that production was from the Australia Day concert which didn't have Quast, but you might be able to see them both in that Australian Sensation documentary, I can't remember if Quast makes an appearance there or not.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:24 am

I will never ever get tired of Magical Miztory Tour. I wish it was an annual thing nowadays tbh.
Also things that make me sad - Australia Day Concert isn't on youtube any more :(
(and yes it's no doubt on my hard drive, but the living room couch is broken so I'm not using my external drive at the moment :()
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:09 am

deHavilland wrote:Here's a couple vids, I'm sure they've been linked to on here before, but this is what came to mind:

Clips of Warlow as Enjolras from "The Australian Sensation" Documentary
One Day More from Australia Day Concert
Quast Performing Lily's Eyes in The Secret Garden -- but not Warlow, even though it says it is.
Quast and Warlow Performing Lily's Eyes Together

There isn't really any vid of them together from the Australian production of Les Mis. Most of the video footage we have of that production was from the Australia Day concert which didn't have Quast, but you might be able to see them both in that Australian Sensation documentary, I can't remember if Quast makes an appearance there or not.

I love you Havvy. <3

Ah...in fact I've seen all of these. I don't play the concert very often because the Marius was a nightmare even worse than Nick Jonas. I mean, seriously, he was sooooooo terrible that he even dampened my interest to see Warlow. And Quast wasn't there. I don't remember if Quast appears in the documentary (it was in 1989 wasn't it?) either but I'm sure the Javert they interviewed was another guy. It was the first time I actually heard Warlow speak. Never really notice the cute Aussie accent when he sings. :) And it was exactly this documentary that convinced me there must be a recording of the original Australian cast and I just need to patiently wait for it to miraculously show up someday. But now it seems that I should just give up looking for Aussie Mis because I'll never find anything? :cry:

That Lily's Eyes video was my introduction to Secret Garden!! I love it so much. I don't even know how many times I've looped it because really this is the only video in my computer that features my top 2 favorite English-speaking actors. I've seen the full show of Australian cast and a few clips of the London cast, but of course there was only Quast.

Does this mean I've seen everything there is to see? (ok scratch that I know there will always be something I haven't discovered...) But I really need more and looping CSR is not a long-term solution. Dear God could you please just give us one full show video featuring both of them?

And there's the picture again! I remember seeing it in another thread. It's my favorite Warlow picture now. So hilarious. :lol:

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:04 am

It's always entirely possible that video will surface later on. I fretted for years about not having video of Stephen R. Buntrock and then one turned up a couple months ago, nineteen years after it had been filmed. So there is hope yet! Press reels for the Australian production certainly exist somewhere.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:10 am

deHavilland wrote:Here's a couple vids, I'm sure they've been linked to on here before, but this is what came to mind:

WOW!!!!!!
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:32 am

Postby 23623 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:01 am

Oh it's her! It's COSETTE! Havvy I loooooooove you.

Everyone reading this thread MUST click the link and look at that Cosette. 8)

Annalene Beechey, she is simply amazing. She has the best voice of all the Cosettes I've listened to. And she's really beautiful and cute. I don't know how old she was at that time but for me she's just what Cosette is supposed to look like. I've said before that I never found an ideal musical Fantine. And in fact I had never found an ideal stage-Cosette before her either. I love Rebecca but I've never seen her acting (I don't even know her look to be honest). Most other Cosettes make me feel really uncomfortable when they're trying to hit high notes and/or look nothing like book-Cosette at all. I'm so glad that I discovered her. :D

It's always entirely possible that video will surface later on. I fretted for years about not having video of Stephen R. Buntrock and then one turned up a couple months ago, nineteen years after it had been filmed. So there is hope yet! Press reels for the Australian production certainly exist somewhere.

Did I just read 19 years? This must be a joke. Welcome to the Mizzie Qualification Test. To pass the test, you should wait no less than the time Valjean spent in prison for one bootleg. Good luck waiting and see you 19 years later! :mrgreen: Well, I know you didn't wait that long, but still feel really happy for you!

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:37 am

Hooray! I'm glad you like Annalene Beechey! She's one of my all-time top favorite Cosettes! With a voice like bells! Such love, such Cosette. (Also incredibly fond of Matthew Cammelle as Marius and of course, David Bardsley's Enjolras is in my top three.) Here's her singing In My Life (with JOJ and Martin Crewes, no less. Also people I love.)

23623 wrote:To pass the test, you should wait no less than the time Valjean spent in prison for one bootleg. Good luck waiting and see you 19 years later! :mrgreen:

Well, I haven't been waiting 19 years exactly for a bootleg to appear. But it does mean it's been 19 years since I first saw Les Mis, since that was my first cast. Yowza.

Return to “General Discussion”