Love and Hugs - The Support Thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Aurelia Combeferre

Re: Love and Hugs - The Support Thread

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:00 am

Hugs to you Phan. :(
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Je suis obsédé 24601

Postby Je suis obsédé 24601 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:05 am

Ok, I know that I'm kind of unknown here, but hey! You have to speak sometimes.

Ok, so recently I found out that my school is doing Pride and Prejudice for the spring play. I am really nervous about the monologue that we have to do for auditions on the 22nd. Since I am a sophomore, there has been other plays/musicals that I tried out for.

I had a bad experience with Annie, because I guess I thought I would automatically land the role (Lily St. Reges). The second one (Bully Plays) I didn't try out for because I knew that I wouldn't make it and that I was still sad from the first one.

This year it was the musical Once Upon A Mattress, and I didn't make it again. I don't want this to be a repeat of last year, and not try out for it, but I am so nervous and scared. Sorry that I just wrote a novel, but I kind of rant accidentally :roll: .
Rory listen she's not dead. *Actually* she is dead. But its not the end of the world. Well it is the end of the world. Actually its the end of the universe.

Sweet surrender, what a night!

EnjysVest

Postby EnjysVest » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:44 am

Hi! That's cool; I don't talk much either :D

That does sound pretty nerve-wracking! Auditions are scary already, and its harder if you're dreading the worst. I had a similar experience a few years ago. I was so nervous during an audition that I could hardly perform, and I ended up not getting any part. I guess you have to remember that everyone experiences rejection, even professional actors, and that it will just make you stronger in the long run. When you are feeling helpless, remind yourself of your other accomplishments, and remember that if you don't get the part, it was just not meant to be.

Have fun and enjoy the audition process!

Je suis obsédé 24601

Postby Je suis obsédé 24601 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks, EnjysVest! I know that actors have to experience rejection, it was just that I had managed to build up my ego SO much that I didn't do very well. :roll:
Rory listen she's not dead. *Actually* she is dead. But its not the end of the world. Well it is the end of the world. Actually its the end of the universe.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Bad friends - call me 'Ana Wrecks-It', (say it out loud. It's an awfully good pun. Not) demands that I quote Sassy Gay Friend all the time because apparently 'I am', apparently find me eating a banana and daydreaming funny, whenever something involving sapphic tendencies is mentioned, go 'You'd know all about that, wouldn't you Phan!', blatantly talk about the ED and self harm In front of people and don't care that it makes me upset.

Good friends - tell people to piss off when they do that and hug me.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Je suis obsédé 24601

Postby Je suis obsédé 24601 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm sorry Phan! I really wish I could relate to that but I cant. I'm so sorry that people do that to you! Whenever people bully others, it makes me sooooo angry :evil: . That isn't right under any circumstances. *Le wild hug to Phan*

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 pm

I've been sad a lot recently, I could literally make a list. Actually, I will. (using your own thread again, Phan, congrats to you)

-I miss Gen. Like, a lot.
-Dysphoria just freaking sucks and I hate it.
-Apparently disagreeing with Certain People or even talking about Certain Posts on Tumblr makes hate appear.
-My mother. I know she means well but...
-Coming out is proving to be incredibly hard and I'm terrified
-I got told I was disappointing because I got two Bs on my report
-Ella's in hospital and I'm worried even though her mum emailed me telling me she's fine.

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Hugs for you, all the hugs.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:11 am

I'm using my own thread again because I'm just that much if a loser.
The last doctor who made me almost have a complete breakdown. I know it's just me being over sensitive but the "don't cremate me, don't cremate me" thing just got to me straight away.
When my brother died, he was cremated so he could be free. And now everything's come back and it hurts. I thought that I'd stop being upset about him a year and a half on, but that bit just made me feel ill. I was crying, my parents were crying and the feeling of my loved one feeling pain even after his death has shaken me. And I feel awful.

Return to “General Discussion”