Love and Hugs - The Support Thread

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
TheRandomPhangirl

Love and Hugs - The Support Thread

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 pm

I don't believe we have one of these, which is a shame because it's a good idea. And besides, if the Phandom has one, why not us?
The idea of this thread is to tell us if something has you upset, and we'll all give you cyberhugs, support, and digital chocolate.
So, spill!
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: Love and Hugs - The Support Thread

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:17 pm

Great minds think alike- I was thinking of this also.

Y'all are special and amazing--- never forgot that!
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:22 pm

This is an amazing thread! I believe I will overuse it in the future :oops:
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:38 am

A friendship I really don't want to lose is slipping away from me. And it majorly blows.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 am

Oh, you poor thing, Rachel! That's never easy. I'm so sorry, and I hope you don't have to lose it, but if you do, then, well, hugs from this end over here, and know that there are many people out there who will value a good friendship more than anything else. :(
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:44 am

*Smish* I'm so sorry Rachel! Have you tried talking to them about it?
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:47 am

Mhm. I'm trying again, though. This fall we were literally best friends, and now I don't really know what we are. I just feel like I'm slipping farther and farther away from the two people who I called my best friends this fall, (oh my God, Rachel, you're fourteen and you keep switching best friends, your life is so difficult) and it just sucks. Like, I didn't realize how much I rely on these people to get me through day to day life.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:53 am

Aw, Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs and smishes pour vous*

When you say slipping away, do you feel like it's coming from them or coming from you or just happening? What I've found is that sometimes this happens naturally and the beauty of a solid friendship is the ability to not speak to one another for a while and then fall back merrily in step when joined once more, but to get to that state requires a little work. Maybe take a step back from it and take things one step at a time? Send out a text with a funny memory and see what the response is. Then maybe the next day ask them how they are without any major expectations. And if you can, try and find a time to get together and remember the good things you used to do.

But then also sometimes there are people that we can be friends with for a while and then we drift away naturally. There's scientific studies that say Facebook (and texting) is terrible because it prevents this otherwise natural process. It's hard, but sometimes in the end it's better to let people go.

All my love for you. Hey, it's tough to be 14 and feel like you're losing people you care about.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Aw Rachel... hugs
I know this feeling exactly because it happened to me quite a few times in highschool. It's horrible when you realise that it's happening and you try to stop things slipping as best you can. I hope things work out for you.
My main problem was how people change over the course of highschool. Everyone changes at different rates and in different ways and this can put strain on even the strongest of friendships.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 pm

*hugs*. Hope things work out for the best.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

I feel kinda bad for using my own thread, but I have my reasons. So, it's funeral day today and I'm feeling sick to my stomach. This will be the last time I ever get to see my brother before he gets turned into ash, and I can't register how fast this has happened
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:53 am

Condolences, hugs, and much love to you, Phan. Stay strong, and know we're here for you.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:56 am

We are, Phan, and don't feel bad for this at all. Death is something that none of us are prepared to go though, and there's probably never a time we need more assurance than then. Many hugs and sympathies from over here. You can do it, and when you need it, we're here to give whatever help we can.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 pm

@Rachel: *Hugs* I'm so sorry! I went through something similar many years ago... DeHavvy is right, texting and facebook could be doing that to your friends :?

@Maxime: *HUGSSSSS* We are here for you. Do not feel bad at all!
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

LibertySparks

Postby LibertySparks » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Condolences, Phan!! *Hugs* we are here for you!
Another story must begin...

Return to “General Discussion”