Guilty Pleasures

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Rachel

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:06 am

Want U Back by Cher Lloyd.

I have no defence for this. It's a terrible song. It has terrible, terrible lyrics. It's not original or good in any way. I feel like a traitor to good music D:

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:10 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:I suppose I have one...the Spiderman trilogy. :oops: Yep. No shame. That thing was a bigger part of my growing up than it probably should have been. Plus, it's just awesome. And I don't like a lot of other superhero movies.
And not the new one. Didn't care for the new one at all.

I think the first one was one of our first DVDs, actually, partially because my parents refused to let go of their VCR player while it still worked. :lol: And Green Goblin was awesome. Even if I did never get to reading the actual comic.

Peanuts, both the strips and the little cheesy movies. I love them so, so much, ever since I was 6 or so, and Snoopy was probably my second favorite character ever only after Oz's Scarecrow.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Peanuts! I went through a Peanuts obsession. Do you have the Monopoly? :mrgreen:
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Mademoiselle Mabeuf wrote:Peanuts! I went through a Peanuts obsession. Do you have the Monopoly? :mrgreen:

No, but I wanted it. :mrgreen: The last time we went to Carowinds (a little theme park on the border of NC and SC, not sure how known it is outside of here) they had changed their kids area to a Peanuts theme.

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

"Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."
I'm not sure Peanuts is even a guilty pleasure. Just appreciation of fine literature. :mrgreen:
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Gervais wrote:I think the first one was one of our first DVDs, actually, partially because my parents refused to let go of their VCR player while it still worked. And Green Goblin was awesome. Even if I did never get to reading the actual comic.

I think it was one of ours, too! :lol: And I think my parents still have a VCR player. :oops: But yeah, glad to know I'm not the only one, because they were cool.
And, um, I guess that's another one, and something you guys may not know. I have read quite a lot of comic books. :oops: More than you might think.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:51 pm

We still have a VCR, it's just one of those with both that and DVDs. Still no Blu-Ray player, actually.

And speaking of my parents' things: Street Fighter II and Super Mario Kart, the ones for the Super Nintendo? Love 'em.

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I admit to being a huge Twilight fan. I have read the books and watched the movies several times. :oops:
Scooby Doo. Another of those cartoons you are never too old to watch.
I write fanfics where I ship E/E.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Shipping E/E here too. :lol: :lol:

Though that's not a guilty pleasure technically. Not anymore!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Honourable Tholomyès wrote:Much as I love a truly great musical, I can't help but feel a certain joy in watching the bad ones. Scores that would make Beethoven thank the Lord he was deaf. Tacky, saccharine lyrics. Directing that Busby Berkeley would be rolling in his grave over. I just love them :oops:

The top shows that fulfil these categories are Lestat (Seriously, if you have not seen how farcical the burning scenes are, you're in for a treat) and Love Never Dies, a show with the Phantom dressed like a skeevy Salsa instructor who seduces middle class mothers and a plot that feels like a terribly uninspired fan fiction.

Me too. I generally start watching a show thinking "this is so so bad" and end saying "that was amazing- let's watch it again!"
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Freespirited

Postby Freespirited » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:29 pm

CeridwenLynne wrote:I admit to being a huge Twilight fan. I have read the books and watched the movies several times. :oops:
Scooby Doo. Another of those cartoons you are never too old to watch.
I write fanfics where I ship E/E.

Me too. No need to feel guilty about it though :D

My guilty pleasure is True Blood
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out.

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:04 am

Guys, I'm dangerously addicted to the new Fox show Sleepy Hollow and the guy playing Ichabod Crane (Might as well call him Commodore Sexyface) is the most attractive actor I've ever seen on TV.

This image says a lot.

This show better not get cancelled because it already has a Tumblr fanbase, and it's going to be huge. I'm proud to say that I was one of the character's first fangirls :lol:
Pancakes are life.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:45 pm

I'm loving "Sleepy Hollow," as well! Even though I'm really not keen on the idea of turning Ichabod Crane, of all characters, into an action hero -- seriously, what's next? Casting Vin Diesel as Marius in a LM adaptation? (Hope nobody gets any ideas from that... :? )

But in any case, even though I thought the concept was a bit ridiculous, I'm really liking the show itself. It's entertaining, thought-provoking, and the writing and acting are quite good so far. And the effects are very good, particularly for network TV.

Heh... I need to sort out some of my other guilty pleasures, as well. I'll come back to this topic. :wink:

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 pm

I have another one. shAme the Rock Opera. It's really awful in the costume department when looking for period clothing and the songs overexagerate the characters, but they're just so catchy.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 pm

I have two big Les Mis guilty pleasures. One is Enjolras/Courfeyrac, the other is Hadley Fraser's Javert. I have been known to squeal a bit at the latter. :oops:
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Return to “General Discussion”