Guilty Pleasures

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Rachelle

Re: Guilty Pleasures

Postby Rachelle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm

MamzelleCombeferre wrote:I really want to hear the rest of that radio show too Marius! :) I've listened to part one and loved it!

Same here. It seems quite accurate and would be a good way to introduce new fans to the brick.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Agreed!

So I've get a great deal of guilty pleasure out of 2012 revamp of Carrie the musical. Some of it is so awful, but I can't help but love certain parts of it. I've also got a weakness for good dance music as well as acoustic versions of hip hop music. :oops:
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:07 am

All right, I got through ten, but it may take a bit for the others. I know, I've been meaning to do this forever. :oops: There's about twenty-five, I think.

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10

Enjoy! There are so many random Brick-accurate details, like pulling out Fantine's teeth, and then a bunch of face-palm stuff, like all the personalities of les amis rolled into one guy called "Combeferre," but who's really "Courfeyrac" in disguise, I'm sure, and then a bunch of weird stuff, like Jean Valjean impersonating Catherine the Doll. :lol:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:11 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:All right, I got through ten, but it may take a bit for the others. I know, I've been meaning to do this forever. :oops: There's about twenty-five, I think.

Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10

Enjoy! There are so many random Brick-accurate details, like pulling out Fantine's teeth, and then a bunch of face-palm stuff, like all the personalities of les amis rolled into one guy called "Combeferre," but who's really "Courfeyrac" in disguise, I'm sure, and then a bunch of weird stuff, like Jean Valjean impersonating Catherine the Doll. :lol:

Rolling all the amis into one tends to happen a lot. I don't like it. Are there at least some decent barricade scenes?
I'll definitely listen to these sometime this week.
Thanks.
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:06 am

Antonio Salieri's opera "Axur"

Ramin Karimloo's voice.

Cirque Du Soleil music.
Pancakes are life.

Flynn

Postby Flynn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:51 am

Is that radio drama the one with Roger Allam as Valjean?

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm

I believe so; to the best of my knowledge, it is, Flynn!
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

macaron

Postby macaron » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

I've kind of fallen out of touch with it now, but The Vampire Diaries was quite the guilty pleasure for me when I watched it. Everyone thought it was this cheesy romance show and laughed at me if I dared to mention it, but there were kick-ass girls, and there was neck-snapping and heart-out-ripping and wells filled with vervain that caused vampires to rot.

...Why did I stop watching again?

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:11 am

Cascada...I am addicted to Cascada's music. The group is so unique and it's just my type of pop music.
Pancakes are life.

FortressDoor
Location: Taking Down the government!!! (Via Facebook. The outside scares me)

Postby FortressDoor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Taylor Swift :o :o :o :o :o :o
Everyone who complains that the movie is too long hasn't read the book.

Name stolen from friend on other forum.

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:19 am

I'm a performer at heart, but I am very interested in science. I have an awesome celestron telescope, a microscope, two boxes of insect and animal part slides, and I love reading astronomy and biology books. And bio is my best subject at school, even if I'm not taking it this year.

I am fascinated by nature and space, but like I said performing is my real passion :mrgreen:
Pancakes are life.

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I have been addicted to Winx Club since I was eight. I used to watch it on 4kids TV, before Nickelodeon bought it. And unfortunately I don't have Nickelodeon on my tv. I was able to watch season 4 on youtube, but I haven't been able to keep up with season 5.

I see Winx Club as one of those cartoons you're never too old for.

And it's just so SPARKLY. GAHHHH. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

My favorite characters are Bloom and Musa.
Last edited by LaserUnicornJedi on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pancakes are life.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

I suppose I have one...the Spiderman trilogy. :oops: Yep. No shame. That thing was a bigger part of my growing up than it probably should have been. Plus, it's just awesome. And I don't like a lot of other superhero movies.
And not the new one. Didn't care for the new one at all.

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:38 am

Disney Channel. :oops:
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

Honourable Tholomyès

Postby Honourable Tholomyès » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:03 am

Much as I love a truly great musical, I can't help but feel a certain joy in watching the bad ones. Scores that would make Beethoven thank the Lord he was deaf. Tacky, saccharine lyrics. Directing that Busby Berkeley would be rolling in his grave over. I just love them :oops:

The top shows that fulfil these categories are Lestat (Seriously, if you have not seen how farcical the burning scenes are, you're in for a treat) and Love Never Dies, a show with the Phantom dressed like a skeevy Salsa instructor who seduces middle class mothers and a plot that feels like a terribly uninspired fan fiction.

Return to “General Discussion”