LM related dreams

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Little Cozelma

LM related dreams

Postby Little Cozelma » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:23 pm

Uhm, not much to explain; have you ever had dreams about any of the LM characters, the book/musical in general or even Victor Hugo?
Here's the dream I saw yesterday, in a few words:
I found the original 1862 edition of Les Misérables on a bazaar for 5 Euros and stole it.
I thought it would be fair of me to inform you of what kind of person I really am. I'm a very honest thief, you know.

So, what are your dreams? C:

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: LM related dreams

Postby freedomlover » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I had one where I was the student leader of a group of my real life friends but we were living in 1832 France. We attended Lamarque's funeral then running through the streets I was screaming; "Build the barricade!!!" and everybody was helping us build the barricade, then somebody took a glass door and smashed it but I got by without getting cut strange since I was wearing no shoes in the dream I climbed the barricade my friends all behind me, then I woke up right before the soldiers came.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 am

Seven years ago I dreamed I was at the barricade, during the final battle no less. I basically saw everyone die, and ended up retreating to the wineshop. I don't think I quite made it to the door as the last thing I saw was Marius getting shot and Enjolras already trying to cover for everyone fleeing into Corinth. That was the first time I woke up from a dream feeling like I'd actually been physically injured all over.

Other dreams I've had involve my going through everyday routines: commuting, etc, and running into Gavroche or the Amis. Usually it takes me a few minutes in dream-time to go: "What are you doing here??"
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Little Cozelma

Postby Little Cozelma » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 am

These sound amazing! :D I can't remember any dream that has to do with barricades, so I suppose I've never had one.. Éponine has creeped into my dreams several times. (How does one call dreams about your real world?) In some dreams I try to be her friend and she prefers to hang out with everybody from my school but me. It's stupid, but I always wake up heartbroken. I hope you have more luck with your Mizzies in your dreams.

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 pm

One I dreamed that I was in a production of Les Mis on rollerskates. It ended after Act 1 and I'm still very confused on what happened... Then there was one where I was accompanying a production on the piano (which would never happen) and then was asked to join the cast onstage for One Day More which involved more running across the stage than any normal production.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

The rollerskates one must have been crazy. I can already imagine Javert skating around while singing "Stars".
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah, very strange. Marching in One Day More was strange to do on skates.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Enjolvert

Postby Enjolvert » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Usually they're to do with when my school did it or when I was going to see it in London. Had one dream where my school took it on tour in massive venues around the world.
The law is unjust.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I've finally reached a point where I'm so steeped in the Les Mis fandom that I have started dreaming about the Amis. :) Now if only I could remember the details of those dreams when I wake up...
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 am

I've had a number of Javerts in my dreams... But even before knowing Les Mis, I often dreamed of escape/chase situations, so adding Javert to that was not a big change. I have no idea why I'm so often running from something/someone in my dreams, but it's one of the most common re-occurring subjects in my dreams (the other two are flashback-nightmares and therefore have no place here).
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

MmeFeuilly

Postby MmeFeuilly » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 pm

I had a dream where my brother was Enjolras and leading a barricade, and I ended up crying because he wouldn't leave, and I knew he was going to die.
Yeah.
I Live On Constellation Street

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 pm

I have dreams about being friends with the Les Amis - and it's all post-battle when ALL of them have survived, and it's a much, much happier ending than the Brick :D And I'm just hanging out with them, you know (of course, Enjolras being his usual self... :| ) I mean, can't the guy ever loosen up even for a bit???

Or maybe it's due to the fact that I'm a female, and we all know how Enjolras reacts when it comes to "women"... :wink:
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I haven't had any dreams of actually being in the story, but I did have one shortly after the international trailer for the 2012 film came out. My brain somehow put together those short bits of "One Day More" in the trailer along with what I had previously heard of the actors singing other material (particularly for the cast members like Aaron who weren't featured singing in the trailer), and combined them to approximate a full version of ODM from the film cast. I avoided clips and such for the most part after that, but once I actually saw the film, it seemed that my "dream version" actually got it pretty close. :lol:

Going on a non-LM-related tangent, my brain had also done that once before -- I had a dream that Paul Stanley (of KISS fame) was playing the Phantom in the Yeston/Kopit musical version. He had starred in the Andrew Lloyd Webber version but hadn't done Y/K or any other musicals that I know of, so I'm not sure how I came up with that.

Little Cozelma

Postby Little Cozelma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Bah, look what the fangirl mind does when we're asleep! :P
The dream I had two days ago was something like a LM/Jane Eyre crossover. Jane was absent, and Éponine had taken her place. She and Mr Rochester were in that scene where he is blind and asks her to marry him. I was about to interfer when I saw St John and said to him "Dude, what's going on here?" or something you don't say to a priest and he told me that he had to meet Myriel and that I'd better leave.
Again Éponine! Don't know how she managed to steal Rochester from me.. ahem, Jane.

By the way, @Prisoner: I love that kind of dreams.

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Sat May 18, 2013 6:27 am

Haha. I'm posting on all these old threads. It's cause it makes me feel so pathetic to see these people with thousands of posts and I just have five...yeah.
Um anyway. I don't remember the exact details of this dream. But it was a crossover of LM...and Artemis Fowl...and Adventures in Odyssey...which is this kids' radio program. Yup. And JVJ/Mr. Whittaker from AIO was afraid of tight spaces, but he was in this house that was floating above the ground with Cosette...yeah, there might have been some of that movie Up in there too. And not only was he locked in this house, but he was, like, chained to a chair in a room by a window...I think he was in a competition with someone else to see who could stay there the longest? I don't know...it was a really weird dream.
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

Return to “General Discussion”