Do you have a OTP?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Inspector

Re: Do you have a OTP?

Postby Inspector » Sat May 18, 2013 5:28 pm

That's actually one I've never heard of before. And looking back to that over-one-month-old previous post, I can't say I've seen Éponine/Feuilly before either. But I do quite like that.

Mademoiselle Mabeuf
Location: Waiting in the parlor hall or leaning on the office wall

Postby Mademoiselle Mabeuf » Sat May 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Inspector wrote:That's actually one I've never heard of before. And looking back to that over-one-month-old previous post, I can't say I've seen Éponine/Feuilly before either. But I do quite like that.

Which one? VIVE ENJETTE!
"He never left home without a book under his arm, and often returned with two..."
^Victor Hugo on my life.
When I rule the world I'll plant flowers. :twisted:

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Sun May 19, 2013 1:02 am

Ooh! Another Éponine/Feuilly fan!? :) I don't really ship as I said awhile back, but there are some pairings that I find very intriguing and that is certainly one of them.
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sun May 19, 2013 4:59 am

Éponine/Feuilly makes more sense than it doesn't, though I personally could come up with a whole host of reasons why it doesn't work with the way I choose to interpret Feuilly. But it's an interesting pairing, if someone stumbles upon a well-written example of it, I'd love to read.

Makes more sense to me than Bahorel/Feuilly, anyway.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:27 am

I don't really have an OTP because I support a lot of ships but my favorite to write is E/E. I also like to write stories about Combeferre but I always seem to ship him with an OC.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:32 am

Admittedly the E/E grew on me.

I still ship Marius/Cosette. And I am not sure why I have a toss up between Jehan/Azelma or Feuilly/Azelma.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

Enjolras/Grantaire is the one I always come back to, but more for the friction and tension between them; it's tough to sell me on any fic that has those two in a functional relationship. Not impossible, but damn, it's hard enough to capture their dynamic already without trying to develop it into something stable or healthy.

I guess it doesn't really count as a one true pairing though, because I also ship Enjolras/Combeferre like burning.

Also, Jean Prouvaire totally had a torrid affair with George Sand and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 am

Right now I have no idea why but I ship Ichabod Crane from the new Sleepy Hollow series with my Les Mis/POTC OC Madeleine. I just think they'd look cute together. They're both adventurous revolutionaries.
Pancakes are life.

Malaika

Postby Malaika » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 pm

E/R All the way! :D :D :D

Ilargi

Postby Ilargi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:54 am

One day I'll become rich, I'll buy a ship and I'll call it Enjoltaire.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Random, but I'm amused by how very different a meaning "E/R" has as a ship depending on whether you're talking about LM or Phantom. One is definitely much more accepted by its story's fandom than the other. :lol:

Mlle Enjolras

Postby Mlle Enjolras » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:14 pm

E/R for me. It is actually the first pairing I have ever shipped.
This is saying something because I used to be a Hetalia fan. I don't know if you guys are familiar with that fandom but I was definitely the odd one out...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=oCxjWhO5rYE
I came across this and it really made me interested in their relationship. Then when I learned more about it I really started to ship it, I don't even think I have to give the reasons why. :)

Also that is a really interesting comment about E/R, haha! Weren't they also both played by Ramin and Hadley and one point?
Permets-tu?
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.

Postby 23623 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:34 am

I'm a bit confused about this term. Does "one true pairing" mean the pairing that I like even though it won't work, the one that I like and is likely to work, or something else?

Um, anyway...I ship: Marius/Cosette in the book, Marius/Éponine in the musical and Valjean/Fantine in both. :D
Revolution, but civilization

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:44 pm

I think the "one" in OTP is misleading, because people generally seem to have numerous OTPs, possibly even more than one per fandom. But it means the one relationship between two characters that you hold above others as your favorite, whether or not it's popular, "works" or is already considered canon.

My interpretation of it has always been that you can ship something on and off: I like the idea of Bahorel and Jehan but also Bahorel and Combeferre, so I wouldn't necessarily say either was my OTP. But I've never been able to see Han or Leia with anyone else, despite the popularity of Han/Luke or Leia/Isolder, therefore Han and Leia are one of my OTPs.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Postby 23623 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:37 am

Then I guess I'll say my OTP is Marius/Cosette. I like the other two but don't really "hold them above others".
My "OTPs" are always canon pairings in other fandoms as well. I'm easily influenced by authors when it comes to pairings. :D

deHavilland wrote:...despite the popularity of Han/Luke...

This exists? And is popular? Oh my God...:shock:
Revolution, but civilization

Return to “General Discussion”