Video games?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
User avatar
Trompe-la-Mort
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:45 pm
Location: Paisley, Scotland

Re: Video games?

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Really? Game developers ought to be proud... I feel it was a good choice to get that game during the holidays.

A friend of mine was for some time hooked on "Alchemy"; this smart phone game where you combine the four "elements" (whatever happened to the other 114 ones...) to form new things until you get to animals, humans and human inventions. The fun part: She didn't have a smart phone and would therefore always borrow other peoples' phones to play for fifteen minutes. It was a bit weird...

Reminds me of another game my brother and me loved: It was called "Lego Alpha Team" and was a physics puzzle game using Lego figures... You had to open one or two locks at the end of the room with a limited number of elements and a couple of Lego persons who would only run straight ahead, unless one of these elements made them do something different. You used mechanical contact, electricity, lasers, catapults, anti-gravity fields, bombs, ropes, motors... I can't even remember if we ever finished it, it got so difficult towards the end. Hang on, I'm sure we've still got that disc somewhere...
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

User avatar
Prisoner 24653
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Video games?

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm a pretty big gamer as well... I mainly love action games and platformers, simulation games, and fighting games (especially the Soul Calibur series, particularly since they added create-your-own-character features from the third game on, so I could make my favorite literary characters in the game. :D) I also enjoy RPGs and shooters, but don't play them quite as often because RPGs are quite time-consuming and I'm afraid of being drawn in and then disappointed by the ending... and shooters are fun, but not nearly as much when playing on your own, so I tend to prefer them as "party games" to play with friends.

Because of the fact that I'm also a big comic book geek, I'm extremely hooked on the Batman: Arkham series of games (for which there may be a third installment coming this year). 2009's Arkham Asylum and 2011's Arkham City are two of my all-time favorite games; I love how challenging they are and how accurately they convey the characters from Batman's world, plus the fact that they seemed to take the best elements from all the different adaptations/interpretations there have been over the decades. I guess it's fitting, as it was also a video game (the Spider-Man game from 2000) that first got me interested in comic books. 8)

User avatar
Acaila
Posts: 9986
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Video games?

Postby Acaila » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:I'm a pretty big gamer as well... I mainly love action games and platformers, simulation games, and fighting games (especially the Soul Calibur series, particularly since they added create-your-own-character features from the third game on, so I could make my favorite literary characters in the game. :D) I also enjoy RPGs and shooters, but don't play them quite as often because RPGs are quite time-consuming and I'm afraid of being drawn in and then disappointed by the ending... and shooters are fun, but not nearly as much when playing on your own, so I tend to prefer them as "party games" to play with friends.

Because of the fact that I'm also a big comic book geek, I'm extremely hooked on the Batman: Arkham series of games (for which there may be a third installment coming this year). 2009's Arkham Asylum and 2011's Arkham City are two of my all-time favorite games; I love how challenging they are and how accurately they convey the characters from Batman's world, plus the fact that they seemed to take the best elements from all the different adaptations/interpretations there have been over the decades. I guess it's fitting, as it was also a video game (the Spider-Man game from 2000) that first got me interested in comic books. 8)


Guess who made Enjolras in Soul Calibur 5? 8)
I know what you mean about RPGs being a time sink though. The number of hours I've spent on Bioware or Bethesda games is a bit insane!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Enjolvert
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:40 pm
Location: With Valjean and Thenardier

Re: Video games?

Postby Enjolvert » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Used to play a lot more games. Big fan of the GTA series and played FIFA will friends quite often as well. Not as much now as I say but I do play occasionally.
The law is unjust.

torontocolm
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:11 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Video games?

Postby torontocolm » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:43 am

I'm Muhammed Ali, but the Wii hasn't seemed to figure that out yet because I'm losing to Wii boxers with no arms.

User avatar
Acaila
Posts: 9986
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Video games?

Postby Acaila » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:44 am

Wii boxing is so easy though :D You need to punch like a girl, apparently that's the way to go ;)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

User avatar
Pointless Star
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Video games?

Postby Pointless Star » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 am

Acaila wrote:Wii boxing is so easy though :D You need to punch like a girl, apparently that's the way to go ;)


:shock: For some reason the computer always beats me and I'm putting 200% effort.
Image

LibertySparks
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:11 pm
Location: In a world that's disappearing, I'm afraid

Re: Video games?

Postby LibertySparks » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 am

I find that hilarious when I am playing Wii baseball (with the skill of Babe Ruth, of course) and THE BAT IS JUST FLOATING MIDAIR!!! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?!?!?
Last edited by LibertySparks on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another story must begin...

User avatar
deHavilland
Posts: 4870
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact:

Re: Video games?

Postby deHavilland » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 am

"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

User avatar
Rachelle
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: On the barricade- where else!

Re: Video games?

Postby Rachelle » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Wii boxing may be easy but try the fitness test part of it. It tires you our really fast.
Image
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

User avatar
redmiserable
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: The Theatre

Re: Video games?

Postby redmiserable » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:24 am

Oh boy. >:D

Legend of Zelda
Final Fantasy
Harvest Moon
Animal Crossing
The Sims
Resonance of Fate
Jak and Daxter
Assassin's Creed

Online i still love Neopets and I used to be huge with Runescape.

Those are the main ones but of course there are more.
Image

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

User avatar
deHavilland
Posts: 4870
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact:

Re: Video games?

Postby deHavilland » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 am

Ahaha, what's your Neopets account? Every once in a while I get the desire to go back on there.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=barricade_girl (Pretty sure you have to be logged in to see, of course.)

9 Years and a buttload of trophies. Aww yeah, Neopets. Aww, yeah.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

User avatar
SpiritOfDawn
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm
Location: just beyound the horizon

Re: Video games?

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Counting the days to Dragon Age III (even though there's no release date yet *sigh*)
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

User avatar
redmiserable
Posts: 3603
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: The Theatre

Re: Video games?

Postby redmiserable » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:05 am

deHavilland wrote:Ahaha, what's your Neopets account? Every once in a while I get the desire to go back on there.

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=barricade_girl (Pretty sure you have to be logged in to see, of course.)

9 Years and a buttload of trophies. Aww yeah, Neopets. Aww, yeah.

I requested to be your Neofriend!
Image

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

User avatar
deHavilland
Posts: 4870
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm
Location: Toronto, ON
Contact:

Re: Video games?

Postby deHavilland » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:09 am

Accepted like WOAH.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests