Video games?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Acaila

Re: Video games?

Postby Acaila » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:47 am

SpiritOfDawn wrote:Counting the days to Dragon Age III (even though there's no release date yet *sigh*)

Hell yes! *high five*
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

redmiserable

Postby redmiserable » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Neopets used to be the site I role played on *hair flip* except we'd always get in trouble for the content of our posts so they eventually moved to a legit forum. But by then I'd left.

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Made my day. Thank you so much for sharing!
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 am

I was a hardcore fan of Tomb Raider from ages 8-12. I still play it and read fanfic from time to time but I'm notas obsessed with it as before.

My favorite is Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Anyone ever play it?
Pancakes are life.

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:35 pm

Gervais wrote:Zelda. 8) And Wii ping pong is the best. :wink:

ZELDAAAAAAAA. I love Zelda. I had (have?) the biggest crush on Link since his redesign in Twilight Princess.

I also play MMORPG like WoW and Star Wars: The Old Repuplic, as well as battle arena games like League of Legends. Sometimes I play Call of Duty and Left4Dead. Oh, and also Dance Central on X-Box Kinect. Because isn't dancing just ridiculously fun (and embarrassing).
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 pm

A week off - time for games! Gave some old school adventures a revisit.
Lost Horizon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Horiz ... eo_game%29
Titanic - Adventure out of time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanic:_A ... ut_of_Time
The Last Express: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Express

Finished the first, finished the second (in one of many possible endings) and started with the third. More spy games should be set in the pre1914 period...
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

LibertySparks

Postby LibertySparks » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Titanic-Adventure out of time = awesome. Just sayin'.
Another story must begin...

LaserUnicornJedi

Postby LaserUnicornJedi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I wish I could still play Oddworld: Abe's exodus like when I was five. Now I'm actually old enough to play it, but I have a computer that doesn't have a CD rom. Grrr!

I miss being a kid.
Pancakes are life.

FortressDoor
Location: Taking Down the government!!! (Via Facebook. The outside scares me)

Postby FortressDoor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Any Total war fans in the house? I need to get into Empire one day, but for now I'm a Rome fan.

Also... pacman, snake and doodle jump.
Everyone who complains that the movie is too long hasn't read the book.

Name stolen from friend on other forum.

LibertySparks

Postby LibertySparks » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I can go ahead and say I love PacMan, Snake and Doodle Jump more or less equally. Ive been olaying pacman since my dad first showed me how at age 3.
Another story must begin...

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I was, for a time, the coolest kid at school because I was the first person to have a mobile phone that had Snake on it.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 pm

It's not a game, exactly, but did anyone else ever use 100 Classic Books for the DS?

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am

Soooooo, at FanEx I got the chance to play a little bit of AC4, but given as the lines were super long and I was in costume, so people kept stopping to take pictures of me playing X-Box, I didn't get to see all that much of the game. However, Ubisoft just released a really sick ten minute video of the open-world concept of the pirate element of the game play which is gorgeous and totally awesome:

http://holyfiremolotov.tumblr.com/post/ ... -container

Minus the part where I don't see any assassin or Abstergo or animus stuff happening. Takes the Assassin's Creed right out of Assassin's Creed.

... and yet I'm strangely okay with this.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Do iPad app games count? I am so addicted to Bubble Mania. :D
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:41 pm

So, AC4 comes out on certain consoles today... Not for me unfortuantely. Did anybody already get it? First impressions? No spoilers, please.

I'm also here to share a sad, sad story: I have mentioned before that I moved recently and having no time to come to Paisley before and look for a flat, I just decided to use the university's on-campus accommodation. Where my only internet access is via the uni. But the uni is full of undergrads. And the university bigwigs are afraid that undergrads might misuse their shiny internet connection. Which is why they block stuff. I already got them to unblock ff.net, but since the university's bandwidth isn't all that great, they block lots of things that take up bandwidth.
In other words: They block UPlay and Steam! Noooo....
I've been playing AC3 offline, I can't get Portal and Papers, please back (having had to re-install my computer, I would now have to download and install these games again, but can't...) and, worst of all, even if I buy AC4 on release date, I won't be able to register it...

Way to make me look forward to Christmas, Unviersity. Don't think the saved energy will go into work. It will go into stabbing lots of people in Renaissance Italy and imagining they're the guys who decided about this.
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

Return to “General Discussion”