Abaisse Voice Meme

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
MamzelleCombeferre

Re: Abaisse Voice Meme

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:58 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:Thanks, Zelle! :mrgreen: I probably won't. Good for you, though. Takes courage, I know. And aww, that's sweet; that sounds like something my brother would do. :lol:

Well, I'm glad it could. Your voice does sound younger than you are, I think, but it's not in a bad way. And you do sound older when you sing, for some reason, I think. And I especially liked the snippet of On My Own at the end. Would love to hear you sing the whole thing, sometime. :D

When are we not formulating Marius theories? :roll: :wink: Though I'm amused by your latest one, Emjolras. :wink:

*facepalm* Just listened to the full recording for the first time, and how in the world did that little piece of On My Own make it in at the end?? :oops: I deleted that recording before I could even upload it...glad you liked it though.

Ah, yes, I get that a lot. :wink: I don't look my age either which is why I still occasionally get asked why I'm not in school still (graduated last year and college gets out sooner), do I want a kids menu (no, I'd like an adult menu please), or whether I need a kids ticket for things (no- actually yes, I would love to get in cheaper because you think I look twelve :wink: ). I've never thought I sounded older when I sing though, so thanks for that. :)

:lol: Well in that case, new Marius Theory:
You are Asian which is why your dad has relatives in Japan. :wink: This contradicts my own image for you, but it is a theory nonetheless.

freedomlover wrote:My speaking voice is better than my singing... My voice is just powerful, more of a political voice than a beautiful musical theater soft/light sounding voice ;)

You have a voice that is perfectly suited to you though. Em. :)
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:00 am

Younger voices have a cute and innocent vibe to them though Zelle :D

Oooorrr... Marius' relatives are some sort of ambassadors.

awww, thanks Zelle :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 am

:D Innocent until you get into the part of my head where I hold all my tragic fic ideas. :twisted: Just kidding. :wink:

That too....*goes off to ponder*

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:06 am

Oh, whoops, it wasn't meant to be there? :oops: Well, it sounded very good all the same, and I'm glad it was.

And yes, I could see how that would happen, you poor thing. But sometimes I think it would be much better to look younger than older. It's fantastic for acting, that's for sure.

Your voice is suited to you, Emjolras. And I said I was amused, so yes, I suppose you could say that I like it, but more just amused. :wink:

Ha, you guys are hilarious.
All right, I will say this (yay, info!), no, I am not Asian. At all. Which is very ironic, because from that post, it totally sounds like I am. :lol: Very long story as to why I have relatives in Japan and my mother knows Japanese.

Or innocent until you get to the part where she wants to add male prostitution into the fanfic. Kidding, Zelle... :wink:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:07 am

You write tragic fics so beautifully :twisted: RIP Enjolras... at least he lives again in freedom in the garden of the Lord :twisted:

*ponders Marius' identity*

Thanks Marius :D I'm glad you liked it!
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 am

Thanks Em. :) Honestly though, my fics hardly even scratch the surface of tragic compared to some I've read.

YoungStudentMarius wrote:Oh, whoops, it wasn't meant to be there? :oops: Well, it sounded very good all the same, and I'm glad it was.

And yes, I could see how that would happen, you poor thing. But sometimes I think it would be much better to look younger than older. It's fantastic for acting, that's for sure.

Your voice is suited to you, Emjolras. And I said I was amused, so yes, I suppose you could say that I like it, but more just amused. :wink:

Ha, you guys are hilarious.
All right, I will say this (yay, info!), no, I am not Asian. At all. Which is very ironic, because from that post, it totally sounds like I am. :lol: Very long story as to why I have relatives in Japan and my mother knows Japanese.

Or innocent until you get to the part where she wants to add male prostitution into the fanfic. Kidding, Zelle... :wink:

:oops: Well thank you. :wink:

It'll definitely be good for acting when I'm a bit older and finally look the age I actually am now. :wink: Until then I get to play little kids.

Aw, darn. :wink: Well this narrows the theories down a little though. The quest for info continues!

:shock: :lol: Bahahaha! Yes, or until then. :twisted:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 am

No, no, Zelle, that's why it's good! They always want people who can play little kids, because they can look like it and also follow directions really well, work longer hours, and have that much acting skill under their belts. Or, at least for film. :oops: I suppose I don't know how it is, for theatre.

Well, I would wish you luck, but I don't think I will. :wink: Though you and Gervais, Gervais especially, you're all such sleuths, aren't you?

Yep. Until then. :mrgreen: At least it's an interesting idea.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:20 am

I look young also Zelle :lol: on the campaign trail voters are like "are you 13??" :roll:

I'm with Marius on the matter :D

If I was in acting i'd probably get stuck playing revolutionary leaders or something all the time :shock: 8)

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:22 am

Have we all been mistaken for being years younger than our actual age?!
People still seem to think I'm a seventh grader. And are astonished when I inform them that I'm fifteen. Seriously. No one seems to know how to judge people's ages. :roll:
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:26 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:No, no, Zelle, that's why it's good! They always want people who can play little kids, because they can look like it and also follow directions really well, work longer hours, and have that much acting skill under their belts. Or, at least for film. :oops: I suppose I don't know how it is, for theatre.

Well, I would wish you luck, but I don't think I will. :wink: Though you and Gervais, Gervais especially, you're all such sleuths, aren't you?

Yep. Until then. :mrgreen: At least it's an interesting idea.

I hadn't thought about the film implications. That's a good point there. :) I guess for me it's just frustrating because there are roles in theatre that I think I'd fit really well that I won't get because I look too young or I'm too short.

*puts on deerstalker* Eventually we'll figure something out. :wink:

Glad you all like it. :D I'm honestly really looking forward to Gervais feedback on it when she gets back from DC.

WhoIam wrote:Have we all been mistaken for being years younger than our actual age?!
People still seem to think I'm a seventh grader. And are astonished when I inform them that I'm fifteen. Seriously. No one seems to know how to judge people's ages. :roll:

Feel you there AJ! :roll:

freedomlover wrote:I look young also Zelle :lol: on the campaign trail voters are like "are you 13??" :roll:

I'm with Marius on the matter :D

If I was in acting i'd probably get stuck playing revolutionary leaders or something all the time :shock: 8)

People who look younger than their actual ages UNITE! *fist pump* :wink:

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:28 am

*fist bumps back*

Maybe this is a reason people like Enjolras--- we all have been mistaken as younger by looks?

in all seriousness, I find Enjolras to be the most relatable Les Mis character...

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:30 am

Ah, I see, that would be frustrating. For me, it was always exasperating to audition and then not get cast because they'd chosen a kid my age who looked half it. So I guess we got opposite ends of it. :lol:

Ah, but Emjolras, that's the fun of acting. :wink: You don't need to always be something you are or want to be. Sometimes, it's so much more fun not to be.

Well, who knows? :wink: *puts on deerstalker and joins you for the sheer fun of it*

Yes, I'm looking forward to her opinions, too! And once she's back, we can all plan the barricade scenes.

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:34 am

I relate to most of the Amis for different reasons, to be honest.
I was listening to a podcast of a Boston writer, and he started talking about how libraries were why he started writing. He went into this big spiel about how libraries were the path to education and education was how to make the world a better place and have more politically informed and active youth, and half of me was saying, My thoughts exactly! and the other half was going, You sound just like Combeferre!

Every time he imitated his family's Irish accents, I melted. :D
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 am

very true Marius, I did some acting in middle school with a church group ;)

That is awesome AJ! :D Sounds like Combeferre :)

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 am

My dad was listening as well, I don't think he realized I was fangirling like crazy right next to him. I bit the pillow I was laying on to keep from freaking out over the blatant Ferreness. :D

Return to “General Discussion”