Favourite Slash Pairing?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
ElodieAlouetteJavert

Favourite Slash Pairing?

Postby ElodieAlouetteJavert » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Okay, so... What's your favourite slash pairing? ...And who'd be on top/bottom in said pairing? :mrgreen:
I Also known as Ultra Rare Pink Fuzzy Sideburn Javert.

...Perhaps you would like to borrow MY hat?

Acaila

Re: Favourite Slash Pairing?

Postby Acaila » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Are we talking Les Mis or just in general since this is in general discussion?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

ElodieAlouetteJavert

Postby ElodieAlouetteJavert » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 pm

I was thinking Les Mis, but maybe any fictional characters... I didn't really know where to put this thread... :cry:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm

In general: 5th Doctor/Ainley!Master probably
In Les Mis, I don't have an OTP as such, but I've been enjoying some E/R stuff in particular recently
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:51 pm

In Les Mis: Enjolras/Courfeyrac

In general: Jack/Stephen in the Aubrey-Maturin saga.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Les Mis: E/R (even if it is blatantly canon, I blame Blagden for my outright obsession with this!); Jehan/anybody (seriously, who wouldn't want to be paired with him?!?); E/E (just for laughs, okay?)

In general: Hermione/Draco from 'Harry Potter' (or, if I'm feeling really evil, even Hermione/Scabior!)
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

ElodieAlouetteJavert

Postby ElodieAlouetteJavert » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Aah, I love Enjy/R too <3 And generally... well... um...

...Enjy/R... I don't really favour any other slash pairing generally...

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:09 am

Courgette wrote:Les Mis: E/R (even if it is blatantly canon, I blame Blagden for my outright obsession with this!); Jehan/anybody (seriously, who wouldn't want to be paired with him?!?); E/E (just for laughs, okay?)

In general: Hermione/Draco from 'Harry Potter' (or, if I'm feeling really evil, even Hermione/Scabior!)

Yep, E/E for laughs. It's now returning as a guilty pleasure---especially if dealing with other bizarre realities.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:27 pm

ElodieAlouetteJavert wrote:Aah, I love Enjy/R too <3 And generally... well... um...

...Enjy/R... I don't really favour any other slash pairing generally...

I am seriously beginning to think that 'On My Own' has been written for the wrong pairing!!
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:29 pm

I've been thinking about writing a Les Mis /Game of Thrones cross where I pair Enjolras with an older Arya Stark

For Les Mis my favorite slash pairing is definitely E/E.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:41 pm

*headtilt* By "slash" do we mean "blatantly non-canon" or "gay"?

Acaila: Are we gonna have to get in a cagematch over Five/Ainley vs Ten/Simm? :lol:
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Not at all, it's all welcome with the OTP that transcends regenerations. And Simm!Master, I mean, he kept the Doctor in a cage, how could it not be awesomely slashy? Heck, I'll even take Three/Delgado!Master, I just haven't seen quite so much of their run compared to all of Ainley. But yeah, Five was so fantastically slashy. And once you factor in a side of Turlough.....

For me, I take slash to be all about the gay (and then het and femslash for the straight and lesbian ships). Though can it be a favourite pairing if nobody writes it? Because my kingdom for Enjolras/Feuilly, just saying.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Heh heh heh, I was mostly joking. Although I'm a bit more apathetic about Five/Ainley than I am about Ten/Simm or Three/Delgado--what can I say, I like 'em as matched sets.
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Ainley isn't everyone's cup of tea, crazy as it seems to me. I guess there just wasn't enough of Simm/Ten for my liking. I liked it more when the Master was just popping up every so often, as in the Ainley days. As if to say "Hmm, how can I get my boyfriend to notice me? Ok I'll just cause an interplanetary disaster and he'll come running". Whereas Simm was mostly in one chunk, except for the regeneration story. Admittedly, one magnificent chunk.

I really must get round to watching more of Three. I always intended on buying the nice big seven story boxset Amazon had, but then they went out of stock when I finally had money and they've never seemed to get it back :(.

(And on the subject of Who slash, a bit of Two/Jamie is always good. Or just anyone/Jamie. Kilts are awesome.)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

The concentrated magnificence of Ten/Simm is like the (fic/plotbunny/headcanon) gift that keeps on giving, though. :D And Three/Delgado is a funny thing--whenever they're interacting, or whenever Roger Delgado is on screen really, it's pure gold, but otherwise it's just one of those eras of Who I have an irrational hate-on for. Not Pertwee's fault really--I have similar problems with Robot, the one Barry-Letts-produced Tom Baker serial. The filming is so flat and the pacing is dreadful; I watched all of The Daleks in one go and loved it, so my classic-Who attention span is pretty good, but it can't handle Pertwee serials. So I basically just watch for the Three/Delgado excellence the way most people watch the TV movie solely for Paul McGann.

The one exception I've found to the interminable pacing of Pertwee serials is The Time Monster, which is just wall-to-wall glorious crack that I'm surprised they got away with. I mean:

Return to “General Discussion”