Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
The Bricklayer

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby The Bricklayer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 am

freedomlover wrote:Certain citizens sung "Do You Hear The People Sing?" loudly from the backroom of the cafe tonight ;)

The owners heard, everybody did and loved us ;) Apparently they reached a compromise- sell it to somebody who will keep it a cafe, they have several offers.

If not- I know a wealthy lady in northern Virginia who loves students and has a huge heart for them ;) I worked on her campaign once... she is amazing, and does not flaunt it.

I'm a poor college student, can't do anything :P

Awww Combeferre! I love your Cosette! (Well, not the fact that she is not joining the revolution- but "love" in the sense that it is very well portrayed and perfect for being Cosette ;) )

That's good news.
Never having tried to write Cosette before, I wasn't sure about it... It seemed a bit too... what's the word... troubled... no that's not it... I don't know.

I think the sucky watercolor is finished. Never give me art materials and expect a decent product. It looks like a 5 year old tried to draw a tree.

Rachel, get your tissues NOW!
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:29 am

I really hope they mean it and are not just trying to make the students happy... He seemed sincere... One guy asked where my cockade was :shock:

You were really good at it!

I write a terrible Grantaire, I tried for a fanfic and failed :roll: I wish I could write him better...
Last edited by freedomlover on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:33 am

PROUVAIRE! AND ÉPONINE! My God, just leave me here to die.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

redmiserable

Postby redmiserable » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:37 am

I'm trying my hand at the Les Mis Voice Meme...

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:37 am

Do you have an adorable accent Leslie?? :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:41 am

freedomlover wrote:Me to!!! :D I really hope!!!! I think talking to them personally clears alot of student rumors and facebook posts :shock:

"Do You Hear the People Sing" works wonders! It does! I'm pretty sure I almost had this one person in tears... He looked it...

I wish that was true everywhere. Over here, that would get you weird looks or worse, chewed out for disturbing the peace.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

redmiserable

Postby redmiserable » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:44 am

I'll leave you guys to decide that! I am from the South!

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

Inspector

Postby Inspector » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:45 am

I ended up making my Javert with blue-grey eyes, since that's what seemed to fit him best, and because Philip Quast :wink: Although I could see him with dark brown eyes as well; that was my second choice. But I'm really ticked because I don't have anything like his signature inspector outfit with the black greatcoat and gloves and all, so he doesn't look exactly like I want him to. But eh, what can you do...

That saving Javert game, omgd it's hilarious. :lol: I laughed the entire time I was playing, except when I accidentally missed him. Like who runs around with a giant yellow tub to catch men falling from the sky? Who conveniently carries around a giant yellow tub anyways? :shock:

Anime Javert wasn't that bad, actually, except for his overly-exaggerated and evil-looking features. If they had toned down the awkward abundance of wrinkles and his narrow eyes (which usually signify a villainous character in the anime world, as far as I know), then he'd be quite a good depiction. One thing I hated about him, though, was that he was literally obsessed with Valjean, infinitely times more than even the musical Javert. Seriously, I got tired of the ominously-whispered "Jean Valjean, I will find you, blah blah blah, etc." after the 1000th time.

Enjolras is always attractive, even in anime form :wink:

Gervais, I hate to say it, but I have no idea who your newest avatar pic is supposed to be.

Okay, I just skipped the rest of the pages. YOUR SIMPLE CONVERSATIONS DO NOT MATTER TO ME

So, guys, how's it going? :mrgreen: So far today I've finished Javert, Marius, and M. Gillenormand. he's one of the few very minor characters that I'm making, simply because I have nothing to base the others off of, not even a mental image. My Gillenormand took most of his inspiration from the anime, actually; that's the only portrayal of him I can remember at all. He looks decent for an old man, even with all those lines and wrinkles I put on him. Marius is adorable and hardly required any work at all - I picked a face and instantly it looked like him already. Then Javert...well, he's absolutely gorgeous, as would be expected :wink:

I wish I had an adorable accent... :(

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:50 am

Southern accents melt my heart :) They are adorable!!!

That is actually my eye color :lol: That is why I objected ;)

You probably do Inspector....

What do y'all think of my accent? What would y'all define it as? :shock:

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:51 am

It's Raoul, vicomte de Chagney. I forget the actor, though, despite Havvy telling me who he is. (Sorry Havs, pitiful memory over here.)

Valjean obviously runs around with giant tubs. Obviously.

And all of your Sims sound adorable. :D

Aurelia Combeferre wrote:
freedomlover wrote:Me to!!! :D I really hope!!!! I think talking to them personally clears alot of student rumors and facebook posts :shock:

"Do You Hear the People Sing" works wonders! It does! I'm pretty sure I almost had this one person in tears... He looked it...

I wish that was true everywhere. Over here, that would get you weird looks or worse, chewed out for disturbing the peace.

That's true. Even here, it depends on where you are and who you're protesting.
Last edited by Gervais on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:54 am

Tumblr's back up :mrgreen:
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 am

Gavroche is so hilariously sassy to the soldier.'

I feel like Anime Valjean should go up to Javert and in the style of Mean Girls, say, "WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH ME?"

(Also, I have now reached Part Five: Jean Valjean)

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:57 am

He's so adorable, isn't he?...Crud. *restores tissue supply*

[quote="Mlle_Alexandrie"]Tumblr's back up :mrgreen:[/quote
Yay! :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:04 am

*tosses over more tissue*

Today's challenge is to write more fic to tide everyone over before next week's trip.

I realized that my (tentative) schedule means that I'm likely to end up assisting with thyroid surgery next Tuesday morning. Morning surgeries are usually for 'clean' organs like thyroids, and afternoon/evening surgeries for 'dirty' organs like the bowels. After that, we have to disinfect the entire operating room. :shock:
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:09 am

Gervais wrote:It's Raoul, vicomte de Chagney. I forget the actor, though, despite Havvy telling me who he is. (Sorry Havs, pitiful memory over here.)

Sean McLaughlin. ;)
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Return to “General Discussion”