Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
YoungStudentMarius

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:59 am

deHavilland wrote:
Acaila wrote:Right, what can we chain Marius to to make sure she doesn't leave us again?

Me!

Aww, I love you guys. Wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. <3 :mrgreen:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:46 pm

You silly thing, of course we have missed you heaps!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:36 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:Hello, everyone. :mrgreen: Long time no see?
Hi! I'm new, so you don't know me. Nice to meet you!
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 am

CC21106 wrote:
YoungStudentMarius wrote:Hello, everyone. :mrgreen: Long time no see?
Hi! I'm new, so you don't know me. Nice to meet you!

Hello, CC21106! It looks like you've been here a while, so you probably don't need any welcome from me, but it's very nice to meet you too, and I'm glad you're on Abaisse! :D
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:11 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:... I'm glad you're on Abaisse! :D

Thanks, me too. It's nice to find a bunch of kindred spirits and so many knowledgeable and talented people.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:19 pm

CC21106 wrote:Thanks, me too. It's nice to find a bunch of kindred spirits and so many knowledgeable and talented people.

So true! Hey, speaking of––would anybody be interested in maybe reviving the read-through thread sometime this year? My French is struggling, so I need practice, and I'd like to give it a go if other people are interested as well.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:...would anybody be interested in maybe reviving the read-through thread sometime this year? My French is struggling, so I need practice, and I'd like to give it a go if other people are interested as well.

Is it French only?

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 pm

CC21106 wrote:
YoungStudentMarius wrote:...would anybody be interested in maybe reviving the read-through thread sometime this year? My French is struggling, so I need practice, and I'd like to give it a go if other people are interested as well.

Is it French only?

Oh no, sorry, any language is welcome! I've just wanted to try it in French for years, and figured it was about time I read through the Brick again. :D

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 pm

I'd love to read through in concert with other people. Just tell me when to start, and do we do it chapter by chapter or what? Some of those are pretty short.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

My heart goes out to those of you who live or are visiting London at the moment. Please stay safe!
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 am

Sooooooooooo, what's everyone been up to?

In a totally not-related-to-Les-Mis note, one of the main titles of Marvel's new X-Men reboot "ResurrXion" just dropped today. I'm preeeeetty excited about it. :D
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Been working on a novelette that I think might actually be publishable with about twice as much work as I've already put in it. Writing is harder than I ever thought.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:32 am

It can be a total pain sometimes, that's for sure. I told myself to reign it in on comic buying, so for each line that I like to read I have a certain task that has to be completed before I can reward myself and "write 5000 words" is one of them. I'm hoping it will be motivating. If not, at least I'll be spending less money, lol.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 am

I went to a Schools Ed performance tonight. Oh heck was it ever bad! :shock:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:05 am

I don't know if things are really bad right now for the world or I'm just paying more attention than I used to, but God... things are pretty scary right now.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Return to “General Discussion”