Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Olivia_y

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby Olivia_y » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:38 pm

Acaila wrote:I had to have words about reeducating our Lesgles yesterday after a confession of Boe-love

Considering how much Boe-love there is out there, you might have your work cut out for you!

Are there still any international productions going on since Dubai ended (not counting amateur ones)? Two years ago it felt like it was everywhere, on tour, on Broadway, in Oz (and scheduled to go to Asia). (Okay I just had a quick look at the website and it appears it's still on in Japan, Korea and Spain?).

The show is still going strong in London. I walk past that theatre pretty much every day and the 'House Full' sign still comes out pretty regularly (although it's not that big a theatre). The giant mural on the side of the building also boasts about LM being the world's longest-running musical, so maybe they'll keep it running purely so PotO can't overtake it :lol:

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:13 pm

It's been on pretty constantly in Japan hasn't it? I don't know that it's been the same production all through, but it seems to be omnipresent there.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Olivia_y wrote:Two years ago it felt like it was everywhere, on tour, on Broadway, in Oz (and scheduled to go to Asia). (Okay I just had a quick look at the website and it appears it's still on in Japan, Korea and Spain?).

I really should stop crying over this but I really can't...I'm always just one step behind Les Mis. Missed it when it was in Australia and missed it again when it was on Broadway due to some stupid travel plan clashes. :( OK sorry for the rant. I don't think Les Mis is in Spain though. I did a bit of research last year before I went to Spain and was so disappointed that I couldn't see Les Mis anywhere. Is it a new production I haven't heard of? (If so...excuse me while I cry for missing another opportunity to watch Les Mis.)

Acaila wrote:Heck, talking to my show kids about Les Mis - more of them seem to know the 25AC in detail than the movie (I had to have words about reeducating our Lesgles yesterday after a confession of Boe-love)

Oh man, I've had worse! A friend once told me that she liked Nick Jonas as Marius... :shock: Also another friend said she believed the 25AC was the best production ever because as an anniversary it must be.

Random fun fact: I went to an interview last week and was asked "Tell me about your favorite book?" You all know what would happen next. :mrgreen:
Not kidding, that interview question kept me happy for the entire week. :D
Revolution, but civilization

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:31 am

23623 wrote:....Random fun fact: I went to an interview last week and was asked "Tell me about your favorite book?" You all know what would happen next. :mrgreen:
Not kidding, that interview question kept me happy for the entire week. :D

Just imagining it :) That answer could go on a while.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:36 am

deHavilland wrote:Besides, I already have a date to the 100th Anniversary Concert in 2085, so that can't not happen.
Alas I do not think I will be around for that but it's not inconceivable some people here might be. :shock:
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:39 am

23623 wrote:Also another friend said she believed the 25AC was the best production ever because as an anniversary it must be.

That's logical :lol:

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:33 am

CC21106 wrote:
deHavilland wrote:Besides, I already have a date to the 100th Anniversary Concert in 2085, so that can't not happen.
Alas I do not think I will be around for that but it's not inconceivable some people here might be. :shock:

Acaila's gonna be cutting it preeeetty close, but I have every intention of living to be over a hundred anyway as my great grandmother did. *spoken as I indulge in Pizza Hut for the eighth time this week*
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:58 pm

deHavilland wrote:. I have every intention of living to be over a hundred anyway as my great grandmother did. *spoken as I indulge in Pizza Hut for the eighth time this week*

I had a cousin (distant) who lived to 102, purely on 19th and 20th century food, from back when "milkfat" was a good thing and the more cream and butter in your recipes the better. Somehow she stayed a skinny little thing and was driving on the highway until about age 97. "I feel so free," she said, scaring the daylights out of the family. I wish I'd had the sense to ask her about the past.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 pm

My great aunt lived to 99 and two thirds. Surely I can make it to 98! (not that anybody on either side has got anywhere close to that except for Auntie Jen of course)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:14 pm

New topic but I think it belongs here with miscellaneous. I looked up the hunters in the woods in Euryanthe which Hugo says is the most beautiful piece of music there is.

It just sounded like music to me. Rats, I was hoping for a transcendent experience.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 pm

I'll be 86 when the 100th hits. Considering I can't even consider myself an adult yet, that's a weird thought.

Really? I really like it, especially the higher tenor line (dem top As). Having said that I can't agree with Hugo, not when the Allegri Miserere exists.
Though, as I'm finding out, the Miserere is a right bugger to teach.
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:18 pm

I can barely imagine what the 100th would be like. At least we've all got a fighting chance of being around for the 50th!

Hello, everyone. :mrgreen: Long time no see?
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:38 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:I can barely imagine what the 100th would be like. At least we've all got a fighting chance of being around for the 50th!

Hello, everyone. :mrgreen: Long time no see?

Oh my gosh! Hello Marius!
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 pm

Right, what can we chain Marius to to make sure she doesn't leave us again?
Abaisse Chief/Chef

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:54 am

Acaila wrote:Right, what can we chain Marius to to make sure she doesn't leave us again?

Me!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Return to “General Discussion”