Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
SpiritOfDawn

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 am

Am somewhat happy to hear its taken flight but very worried for you. All the best tomorrow and take care.

PS:Horrific about that forgotten parish... such a thing should never happen!!
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:39 am

Really, Aurelia?! The priest going to the rally? OMG... must control self. I love freedom, but I feel that our fellow kababayans are taking it too far! :cry: Well, the rallies might erupt into a revolution and I hope it wouldn't be bloody and also that it would be peaceful, like the People Power one. Glad to hear from you again too, Marius! :mrgreen:
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:50 am

Well I'm more worried about the weather making things difficult tomorrow. Should be fine though as long as there are no agents provocateurs, if no one starts a mass rush towards the Presidential palace, and if no politicians are foolish enough to show up.

Actually I'm also worried about surviving dinner later; some of my relatives can get pretty scathing about politics.

@CosetteMari: To be honest...this is long in coming, and I don't think it's going too far.(curious what you mean by that). I haven't seen people this rightfully outraged since 2001 (would you remember?) We have such a bad communal sense of history, such a bad case of amnesia such that we don't really learn our lessons. This issue has been around for years but well it's only now it's come to a boil or that people have finally found their courage.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

saminana

Postby saminana » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:11 am

Is it tomorrow?

Then i will be with you in my thoughts. I hope that nothing bad will happen and that you really can change something for the better...
-Who's there?
-French Revolution!

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:20 am

Tomorrow, yes! :D

I'm a little tense since yeah, there's quite a bit of build up, but it's interesting to see more and more people announcing they're in for tomorrow, more and more previously silent groups speaking out. I am desperately hoping for the powers that be to be very careful.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

SpiritOfDawn

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:16 am

Good luck with the dinner then. And the best of lucks for tomorrow. I hope it will all work out peacefully and the point will come across. Must be very exciting right now...
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 am

Exciting is an understatement. I'm drawing up plans to meet with people tomorrow.

As for dinner....well it depends on the social tact of people particularly a few uncles of mine. I feel like I've gotten dropped into a chapter of my own fic.

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah, the bad history... yes. :cry: Ashamed...
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:52 pm

In such circumstances, shame or anger aside, we have to gather the resolve to say, "never again!" and actually work for it this time.

Survived dinner. Discussion was political but civil.

I guess I feel very strongly about this since I've been in and out of this scenario for years now.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Will be very interested to hear how things go tomorrow Relly. Good luck and stay safe :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks!

I'll be heading there later than I'd originally planned thanks to having to meet up with family on the way (and EDIT: this is now a modern day Ami thing, my poet friend is going too).

I gather there will be various performances from concerned artists and other statements. One of our local improv groups is even doing a gig; that one surprised me.

One small mercy is that at least one senator promised he would not dishonor the proceedings by showing up. One less source of potential outrage. Seriously hoping not to see any politicians around since that would cause a mess.

redmiserable

Postby redmiserable » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Please stay safe, Aurelia!

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

LauraLeZunzu

Postby LauraLeZunzu » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Good luck Relly ;)
Guys, I'm afraid to open the thread of Graceland.. I mean, I just watched the 8th ep and WANT TO COMMENT IT here!! But I'm afraid to enter the thread and BUM, Spoilers! :cry:

SpiritOfDawn

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Good luck Relly. Stay safe and all the best!!!

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Seconding the others, Aurelia. Good luck and stay safe, hon!
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Return to “General Discussion”