Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
Aurelia Combeferre

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 am

I guess so. I'm not fond of squid but it is an interesting sensory experience. :)
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

SpiritOfDawn

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:01 am

*drops in after hiatus*

Morning people. (yes it is still morning!)

Squid lasagna...? Im always up for weird food sorts... sounds kinda interesting.

Everyone joining rallies: I'm so keeping my fingers crossed for you. This really sounds terrible although its prbably good all comes to light now.

Rooting for you from across the globe!!
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:07 am

Oh, hey, The Bricklayer! Well, One Day More to the rallies! :D Go rebels! :mrgreen:
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:57 am

Two days more. And not rebels....concerned and furious citizens!!

I think I'm causing mayhem in a crew of interns; I sent a friend of mine the link to Aaron Tveit's performance of a Taylor Swift song. Some people are in serious pain from laughing now at this refuge in audacity.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Refuge in audacity? Are you a TV tropes reader Relly?

Squid ink pasta sounds interesting! I'll try anything once, though I hate actual squid.

Ugh, I really should have been studying instead of writing up my dream cast post. :(
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:57 pm

Definitely am. TV tropes is my favorite time sink.

WhoIam

Postby WhoIam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:38 pm

I like TV Tropes. Javert has his own trope. :D

Tumblr roleplaying last night was intense and involved drunk Combeferre and Grantaire sulking in Combeferre's bedroom. It was pretty awesome.
All the world's a party, and I'm usually the awkward wallflower in the corner with a glass of water and a copy of Les Mis.

redmiserable

Postby redmiserable » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:13 pm

When I went to see As You Like It, the announcer was talking about upcoming shows and mentioned, "the first local production of Spring Awakening!!!! Do we have any Spring Awakening fans here?"

I thought I heard some people go, "whooo" so of course I went, "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" quite loudly. And the guy said, "oh good, we have one person here!" and no one else had actually done anything and I was sitting at the front of this huge amphitheatre with a lot of people and just...

Resident Fennec Fox. Murr!
"Still feeling like Prouvaire. Always feelin' like Prouvaire. I didn't choose the Prouvaire life, the Prouvaire life chos-"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Do you also edit pages, AJ?

Aw darn, sorry to hear that Leslie.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Hello, everyone. Sorry to have been, well, rather absent for the past few days, but school is kind of, well, antagonistic, for lack of a better word, and admittedly, I'm not coping very well with it. :oops: It's nice to see you again, though!

Wow, squid ink pasta. Or squid lasagna. Those both sound...really interesting. I'm not quite sure if I want to eat it, but now I want to try it.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:56 pm

And I was about to go to sleep, Marius!

Glad you're around. I'm sorry to hear about school; what happened? :(

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Oh, nothing in particular, I suppose. I mean nothing new, just stronger manifestations. I don't know what's wrong with me; I just keep...feeling really depressed about it all, and not wanting to go, and feeling my stomach turn in certain classes, and I may have burst into tears the other morning in a class for no particular reason other than that I didn't think I could make it through the whole day, something that's never happened before, and I just...I don't know. There's nothing wrong, I'm just having a very visceral reaction to it this year, and trying to figure out how to get it to go away. :oops: I'm sorry, this is probably more of a rant, and belongs somewhere else. But thank you.

But please, don't mind me, if you need to sleep! And also, good luck with the rally and everything. Please stay safe.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:49 am

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Is there a support group or something at school that can help? Or a counselor? I had that same problem in freshman year of med, and I had to get myself counselling for it. It was the best thing I did all week.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 am

Sort of, I guess. I talked to some people about it, and it did help, a lot. But it still doesn't seem to go away, and, well...I don't know, but they want to help, and so I'm hoping things will work out, because I know they should, so maybe I just need to try a couple different things. I don't know. Thank you, though, very much.

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:51 am

Update from a literal "one more day before the storm" situation:

So it's Sunday. Most Filipinos go to mass/worship services/prayer meetings on Sunday. The big question: will there be any priests or religious leaders speaking from the pulpit today, regarding tomorrow's events and the ongoing crisis?

I was half-expecting silence in our parish, which is home to quite a number of powerful and controversial individuals. Today though, something different happened. Our usually mild mannered, sometimes frustratingly neutral parish priest finally spoke out. While of course he cannot ask or coax the parishioners to join the march tomorrow, he himself is taking a personal stance on the matter. Not out of anger but because of the painfully obvious disparity between haves and have-nots. My family and I later found out that he's also trying to personally respond to a distress call from a fellow priest who serves in a community that was badly wrecked by recent storms...and has been forgotten by relief operations and services.

So much pain, anger, psychic agony, and outrage. As well as courage. Lambs becoming lions indeed.

Return to “General Discussion”