Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm

*Welcomes Combeferre to the barricade* Yaayyy company!!! :D

That is what i'm trying to figure out---- all of us? :shock: Except Zelle because her main stamp was Cosette...
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

LibertySparks

Postby LibertySparks » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 pm

I am back! And the giant Lego box didn't eat me!!!!! :mrgreen:

Barricade? Cool, I'm joining. :)

I put comments in red in my history notes on Jackson when I opposed something. :D
Another story must begin...

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Yayyy!!!! :D

Welcome to the barricade!!! :D Join us ;)

"Red a world about to dawn!" nice ;) Something about the 1832 nullification crises brings Les Mis parallels ;)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 pm

For those of you who aren't on Tumblr, this pretty much sums up today:

http://howtumblrruinedmylife.tumblr.com ... 6869370077

See, for April Fool's day, we all planned on changing our icons to this one picture of Misha Collins, but.... things kind of got out of completely and utterly hand in 0.00001 seconds flat. It's a Mishapocolypse.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Yeah, that thing got annoying very, very quickly. Even Misha's response to it feels like he's not exactly into it.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Caught up on Vikings, now Game of Thrones. Lots of historical gore and sex tonight!

And fic writing....sleepily fic writing!
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm

This is really weird how empty everything is online and offline today--- where did all the people go? :shock:

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Acaila wrote:Welcome to IBelieveInYou. I'm already calling you Ibby in my head if you don't mind that nickname

Hello there, I am back! What is your nickname?
As for mine, Jehanfeyrac is quite a mouthful, not to mention that my poor Grantaire and 'Ferre will feel left out, so if you don't mind I'd prefer a short quirky nickname to give credit to my playful Courf traits, Ibby sounds lovely, I was also thinking of Liv, I quite like the sound of it, and it resembles Liberty in my mind also it might be a short for the word Believe which I adore as Believing in the most perfect gift in the world, either for a man like Enjolras, or Combeferre, or JVJ, or for a person like R who believed in Enjolras Oh dear did I just ask you to call me short for Believe, what next? Will I ask you to call me PinkUnicornPoodle? I feel so bloody stupid

So what do you prefer? Because you know, usually nicknames are chosen by other people for you. Ibby or Liv/Livvie?

So yeah. I didn't really study chemistry. But I tried. I made an effort. And I believe I deserve Eppie's trench coat as a reward. Or Enjolras' virginity. Or a flower from Jehan. Or something.

How have you all been without me? Quite lonely I suppose 8)
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm

If you say Believe I'm going to start singing Cher at you, vocoder and all ;)
I'm Fun Pack, or FP. Apparently because I was such a mixture of Amis as to be nearly unstampable 8)
It's nice to be unique, even if it's for my mongrel ways :D

I am exhausted after no sleep last night and new job today. Need to shower and get to bed very soon, I'm up at 6am tomorrow. But in the mean time, I'm working on my fic for Camp Nano and wishing it was easier to type out of notepads :(
Abaisse Chief/Chef

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Oh, I cannot decide. Liv, maybe? :)

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm back... and what is the barricade about this time?
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Wow, new job! Congratulations! You are quite lucky, though I hope it's not wearing you off too much.
Oh and can I join the barricade too? I have another good enough reason: educational system in Greece! As I said I can easily imagine myself trying to throw it off the stairs, maybe even more than the government itself!

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 pm

The barricade is for anything you feel passionate about ;)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:20 pm

It's just a little thing for a fortnight, but thank you :) The money will indeed be helpful.
Abaisse Chief/Chef

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Now I was wondering whether I should make a post about it because I searched and didn't find anything, but I will also ask you here, if any of you would like to answer. I am quite new to Les Mis fanfiction (maybe a month old) though I have tried to read everything Enjolras/Grantaire there is on the internet, don't think I have succeeded though :lol:
What should someone not do at a Misérables fanfiction?
I have already done my research to learn the exact Marie-Suzette traits, though I was quite familiar with Mary Sues from my Harry Potter long experience. I have also read about Enjolras Self Angsty Doubt (aka Enj fearing that everybody will die) which is OOC, and about Enj easily becoming drunk like a schoolgirl in order to jump R (doesn't sound very innovative, that's true), and about Grantaire having the role of humanizing Enjolras (that most definitely is 'Ferre's work to do) and finally Grantaire wanting to change Enjolras and convince him how stupid his beliefs are (I think I had read about this somewhere around this forum long before I decided to join) which yes, it quite ridiculous as I completely agree that R loves Enjolras exactly for who he is and would never try to change him.
And yes I agree with everything I have written, but I would love to learn more, for every character and for fanfiction in general. What should one not write in your opinion?

Return to “General Discussion”