Language learning

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
deHavilland

Re: Language learning

Postby deHavilland » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:49 pm

jemappellegrantaire wrote:
Does anybody else here have an interest in fictional languages? I tried learning Vulcan/Golic and Sindarin elvish at one point; didn't get very far with that though.

I dabbled in Sindarin/Quenya for a while as a teenager, but I never really made any major efforts with it. I kind of struggle now with the idea of learning a language that you can't really use. (I have a hard enough time mentally grappling the fact that I've been studying Swedish and Latin for years when I could be learning German or Spanish or Russian or improving my Italian or improving my French or...

But, TOPICAL!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:55 pm

I looove David Singer! He's awesome.
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

jemappellegrantaire

Postby jemappellegrantaire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Oh, cool! Thanks for the link deHavilland.

loreine

Postby loreine » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm

I have a friend in Italy and he helps me with learning the Italian language. It's still rather difficult to me but I just want to learn it. If you want to know foreign languages, the main thing is in co-working with native speakers. My friend really helps me out with all this stuff. He recommends me a lot of literature, even gives me some kind of exam sometimes :D
The only disadvantage is that he works abroad and we don't have much time to talk to each other. We decided to communicate using the app for both teachers and students (here is the description). It allows managing with all his tasks.
Let others rise to take our place, until the Earth is free!

Return to “General Discussion”