What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
TheRandomPhangirl

Re: What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:26 am

In my humble opinion...

R is a Corday. CC wasn't really a Frevy; she was a Girondist sympathiser, but I'm getting the vibe.

Em is rather Saint-Just-y, with perhaps some Danton

Bricky, I got some Desmoulins for you
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 am

Frevy?

Emjolras, Saint-Just maybe with a hint of Robespierre?

Combeferre, Desmoulins, maybe? I'll admit I'm not too familiar with dear Desmoulins, though.

Phan, as soon as I read "good death glare", Robespierre was cemented in my brain. Robespierre.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:13 am

Frevy is now what I'm going to call French Revolutionaries when I'm in nightblog mode. 8)
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:49 am

So it appears everybody who submitted an application is now stamped ;)
Combeferre is a Dosmolins, Maxime is a Robespierre (of course.... 8) ), R is a Corday, and I'm a Saint-Just 8)

Frevy?? :wink:
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:22 am

I'm unsure of whether I got stamped as Corday because I'm actually like her or because I'm slightly obsessed with her, haha.

But anyway... Now we just need a Marat. :twisted:

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Morgan

Postby Morgan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 am

Strengths: Intelligent, adaptable, loyal, don't give up easily, pragmatic, multitasker
Weaknesses: Nitpicky, stubborn, cynical, unfocussed, like being liked a bit too much, socially awkward
How do people see you? I don't think I'm the best judge of that, I always seem to misjudge how I'm coming across.
What do you hate? Unfairness, spitefulness, wilful ignorance, milk in my tea.
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all? Stay.
What do you think of monarchy? Useless, unnecessary, and outdated.
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all? Not a simple question; and I'm in favour of a mixture - don't compromise to the point where you give up on your actual goals, but be willing to make more minor concessions if it would help achieve a smoother transition and less royalist resistance.
Do you favor gradual or sudden change? Gradual as far as possible, it often sticks better.
How intimidating are you? I don't think I am, but I've been told I'm scary when I get worked up.
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine? No one, I don't believe in capital punishment.
How much of a leader are you? More of a lieutenant.
Do people love you? I'd like them to, but I don't know.
What are your talents? Um. Drawing?
What are your hobbies? Art, reading, research, hitting things
Who do you admire? This a hard question tbh; there are a huge number of people who I admire something about, or admire for a specific reason, but not many spring to mind who I admire in an unqualified enough way to just name without explanation.
What is your love life like? I have a girlfriend. We get distracted from doing coupley things by getting into arguments about philosophy. It's great.
What impression do you leave? I don't think I leave much of one at all most of the time, I'm pretty forgettable. (Secondhand opinions include "scary person who knows stuff", "nice but weird", "really quiet" and "nice hat")
Rash waistcoats and scarlet opinions

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm seeing Danton with some Marat. (If this is for Les Mis--Grantaire ;))
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Positive Traits:

freedom lover, would die for loved ones, smart (?), kind, laid-back, Mizzy (YAY! :D ), knows the school inside out, somehow brave, merciful

Negative Traits:

the past is still with me, too law-abiding and law-enforcing

What excites you?

Les Misérables or any fellow musical out there!

Are you a leader or a follower?

Leader like Enjolras!!! :D

What are your bad habits?

Tapping my fingers whenever I follow a beat and possibly, phangirling

Do you like to plan for the future?

YES!!!!

Do you think with your head or heart?

Math Problems: Head, Bullying and other serious problems: Heart and a little bit of Head

Logic or feelings?

FEELINGS!!!! YOUR HEART WILL ALWAYS WIN!!!!

How open are you?

1-10: 8.75

How impulsive are you?

HUH!?

Does looking at the present or the future make you happy?

Sometimes...

Do you live in the "here and now" or find yourself dreaming?

Dreaming... :D

What type of person are you in your group of friends?

The leader, the smart one, and the ULTIMATE Mizzy!

Do you have goals, and how do you pursue them?

I have goals like having that boy FINALLY LIKING me, and I don't have any plans yet...

How good are you at multitasking?

Kinda bad... :cry:

Do you focus on one lofty goal?

No... I have a ton of goals!!

how ambitious are you?

1-10: 9.9

what jobs do you find appealing?

Politician, Lawyer, Theatre Actress

what can you absolutely not stand?

People who don't stand for what they believe in!

Which Les Mis Character do you relate to most, why?

TOP THREE:

Javert- law-abiding and VERY law-enforcing

Enjolras- HATES the government (if he was in my country, he would too!!!!)

Èponine- in love with someone and that MAN DOESN'T RETURN THE LOVE!!!! BTW, THE DUDE'S MY CLOSEST GUY FRIEND!!
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

R the Cynic

Postby R the Cynic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 pm

This will be kind of pathetic, but I'll take it anyway...

Which French Revolutionary Are You Most Like?

Strengths: intelligence, ambition
Weaknesses: cynical, sarcastic, pessimistic, and prone to freaking out and stressing
How do people see you? Insane, smart, and annoying
What do you hate? Unnecessary violence, and when people are overly idealistic
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all? Notice the word 'tried'
What do you think of monarchy? I hate it
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all? Depends on how successful uprooting it would be
Do you favor gradual or sudden change? Sudden
how intimidating are you? Not at all until I get angry
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine? None
How much of a leader are you? I'm a good leader only if I really care about what I'm leading
Do people love you? Doubtful
What are your talents? Writing and playing the piano
What are your hobbies? See talents
Who do you admire? Victor Hugo
What is your love life like? Practically nonexistent
What impression do you leave? ...she's weird
He who does not weep does not see.

'Vive la Rèpublique! I belong to it!'

Je n'entrave que le dail comment meck, le daron des orgues, peut atiger ses mômes et ses momingards et les locher criblant sans être agité lui-même.

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

I'll take the quiz. Both for the French Revolutionary and Les Mis.

Strengths: likes to be in charge, passionate about my beliefs, strong-willed
Weaknesses: hot-headed, opinionated, can be moody.
How do people see you: opinionated, driven, impulsive.
What do you hate: the government infringing upon our personal rights.
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and king tried to disband you all: stay right where I was and say that only the people had that right
What do you think of the monarchy: I hate it
Should we compromise with the king: if he is willing to be merely a figurehead
Do you favor gradual or sudden change : sudden.
How intimidating are you: I can be very nice or I can be very angry --- especially if you trample upon my rights.
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine: no one. I don't believe in capital punishment
Do people love you: some do while others don't.
What are your hobbies: politics and reading about politics. Also sports and music
What are your talents: debating the hot issues and multitasking
Who do you admire: Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington
What is you love life like: I'm content.
What impression do you leave: that I'm very patriotic.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

@CosetteMari: Javert 8)

@Cynic: Tons of Danton!

@CeridwenLynne: French Revolution- another Saint Just! with a tiny bit of Robespierre
Les Mis- a Bahorel/Enjolras mix :D Your admire options made me smile :D #AmericanHistoryMinor ;)

CosetteMari

Postby CosetteMari » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:15 am

@freedomlover: Heh, he's actually my fav. from the main characters, BTW, the peuple say that your favourite ISN'T your character-that-you-most-relate to... well, I guess I love characters who I relate to... actually, I can relate to EVERY main character we have in the Miz! :D
Whenever I see either Roy, 'Pony, Enjy, Mari, Fantine, Comb, Couf, Jehan, Joly, and Gav, I fangirl... too much. (Do you guys know who Roy is? Well, if you barricaders go online to the new performers, you might know... :D)

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am

I can definitely see myself being an Enjolras/Bahorel mix as I am both active politically and very outspoken an impulsive at times.

I'm not that familiar with Saint Just. I guess I'll have to do some reading up on the French Revolution. It's been a few years since I took world history.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 am

So part of me is like "do I really want to revive this old thread? I mean it was fun but its so old :roll: "

On that note I rediscovered "The Book" and am laughing so hard right now! :lol:

But I thought of a new quiz idea (and forgot the thread where I put these things)

Which Real Life Figure are you? starring Hugo, Charles Jeanne, Napoleone Buonaparte, Louis Phillippe, General Lamarque, etc.

basically anybody who is mentioned in the Brick who was real (Charles Jeanne was mentioned right? at least Saint-Merri was!)

So here goes citizens

Which Real Life Figure are you?

Good traits:
Bad traits:
Talents:
Hobbies:
Are you studious or playful?:
Are you stubborn or a pushover?:
Lead or follow:
Introvert or Extrovert:
Compromise or fight for lost cause?

what was your biggest disappointment in life?
what gives you energy?
what is your favorite memory?
How do you handle crises?

What is your dream?

If you were in the middle of a battle and things were looking hopeless, what would you do:

How do you respond to being unjustly treated?

Do you think unjust laws should be repealed or upheld?

Would you feel comfortable voicing an unpopular opinion?

What moral is the most valuable to have?

You were captured at the end of the barricade fight- what do you do?
if given absolute power overnight- what would you do with it?
What is the best form of government?
How do you want to be remembered?

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:33 am

Its been so long since I've done this,
anyway my character stamp is Enjolras. My theme stamps, don't remember them all but I collected them somewhere.

Going for the real life figure theme

Which Real Life Figure are you?

Good traits: idealistic, caring, passionate, loyal, outspoken
Bad traits: stubborn, defiant
Talents: public speaking, good in leadership positions. People have told me i'm good at languages, but I'm not sure... I can catch on quickly. History and government stuff
Hobbies: reading, translating Robespierre's speeches, writing, political activism, going to protests.
Are you studious or playful?: studious
Are you stubborn or a pushover?: stubborn
Lead or follow: lead
Introvert or Extrovert: extrovert, but I know when to observe at coffeehouse debates
Compromise or fight for lost cause? fight for a lost cause. If its something really grey like "where shall we get coffee?" I could be able to compromise but in situations like "should we have a monarchy or republic?" I'll firmly stand on the side of the republic.

what was your biggest disappointment in life? certain political events and people who I expected to do one thing, yet they did the very thing we fought against in 2010.. almost like they forgot what we protested against, or were we ever on the same side to begin with?
either that or living in my hometown.
what gives you energy? public speaking! especially if its for a cause I believe in
what is your favorite memory? deep political discussions with friends in coffeehouses, going to Paris for an entire summer, random weekend trip to Poland, travelling around Europe, protests of days gone by
How do you handle crises? first I may express a loud cry of fustraition "noo!!! he won?? oh liberty dear liberty where are you?" but then i'd actively plan on what to do next.

What is your dream? a world where liberty and equality work together to ensure that all citizens have their natural rights- the right to live, the liberty of people to pursue their own passions and dreams, the liberty of the press, religion, speech and all such liberties be recognized. That everybody have equal chances to succeed and their social class and circumstances will not hold him back, and that people are viewed as human regardless of their color or nationality. That all people will live together in solidarity and fraternity and work together to make a better future and leanr from each other.

If you were in the middle of a battle and things were looking hopeless, what would you do: Do a last minute risky thing so we can win, don't surrender- nope.

How do you respond to being unjustly treated? speak out and be heard

Do you think unjust laws should be repealed or upheld? repealed and resisted.

Would you feel comfortable voicing an unpopular opinion? Yep.

What moral is the most valuable to have? they are all important. They all rely on each other.

You were captured at the end of the barricade fight- what do you do? Look Louis Phillippe in the eyes and say "vive la republique." Also, defend the actions of those at the barricades
if given absolute power overnight- what would you do with it? Well, I've thought of this theoretically and its a terrible idea to give anybody absolute power. If I know what I know now about human nature, I'd quickly try to delegate it and make a republic where power is checked by power.
What is the best form of government? republic
How do you want to be remembered? a friend of the republic and liberty.

Return to “General Discussion”