What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
R the Cynic

Re: What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Postby R the Cynic » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 am

Personally, I'm fine with just being "a Grantaire" regardless of whether it's a legit job or not (I mean, it is a les mis quiz)

For the occupation, I'd say revolutionary (if it qualifies as an occupation)

For the scene one, I have no clue how to determine it. :oops:
He who does not weep does not see.

'Vive la Rèpublique! I belong to it!'

Je n'entrave que le dail comment meck, le daron des orgues, peut atiger ses mômes et ses momingards et les locher criblant sans être agité lui-même.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 am

I say a Grantaire. Oooh, or with the sadness and reading, an author or a poet, maybe?

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

Morgan

Postby Morgan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:53 am

What do you do in your spare time? Read a lot, doodle, write a little, hang around on the internet (when I'm in England, add: hit things with swords, punch things, band practice, baking)
What type of things do you usually write? The kind with too many commas, adjectives, and slightly awkward metaphors.
What is your occupation, currently? Student/HR intern
What do people love about you? That I volunteer to do the jobs no-one else wants to, I try to make myself useful to everyone, I'm good at problem-solving, and apparently I give good advice.
What do people hate about you? I'm absent-minded and easily distracted, I do too many things and don't commit properly to half of them, and I show affection by teasing and sarcasm which sometimes upsets people when I misjudge it. I also compulsively pick holes in people's arguments, I'm really bad at volume control, and I ramble.
What is most noticeable about you? I have bright red hair and I like fancy waistcoats.
Do you write songs? No. Despite the fact that I promised to write a three-song cycle about libraries at some point...
Can you write poetry at all? I guess? I used to write a lot, but I don't think it was any good.
What is most valuable in life? Knowing who you are and living it.
What do you think of symbolism? It's beautiful, useful, and fascinating, but it can be dangerous if you conflate it too much with reality.
Are you involved in theater? Very amateur theatre.
In politics? Yes, but I'd like to be more so, and should do a better job of keeping up to speed.
Which Les Mis character do you most identify with, why? I'd like to just say Combeferre, because I very much identify with his philosophy and outlook, but in practice there's also a bit of Prouvaire in there, and more than a little Bahorel, and I often catch myself sliding towards Grantaire.
Rash waistcoats and scarlet opinions

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:51 am

So Cynic's occupation is the "Grantaire like Author" 8)

Mine just needs one more vote

@Morgan: Heyyy, welcome :D That is actually a theme application- if you would like a regular character stamp fill out the survey on page 6. Looks like you may be a Bahorel/Combeferre, from what I see... 8) Which is a very nice mixture.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 am

For your occupation, I'm going with politician, Emjolras. I have no clue for scene, sorry. I thought about it a bit and am just drawing a blank. There are too many!

What do you enjoy doing?

Satanic rituals. Oh, and I'm fond of theatre, tea, reading and writing, but mostly satanic rituals. :P

What are your talents?

Uh... Breathing? Can I get back to you on that?

How much does money matter to you?

Meh. As long as I've got enough to live, I don't care all that much. Oh, and Internet connection would be nice, but I can just steal Starbucks'. Not that I... do that.

What dangers are there in your occupation?

I'm a student, so... failing? Falling down the stairs? Getting so annoyed with everyone that your voice becomes permanently and irrevocably sarcastic? I don't know.

What are you now?

A student.

What do you want to do someday?

An actress, stage manager, director, writer or maybe an editor.

What type of people do you hang out with?

I like people with humour, and I like people who really care about things. People who don't judge you and people who care about you. People that you have to prove yourself to. People that keep you in check but know when to lay off. I hang out with some people I'm not all that fond of, though, for the sake of having friends. But I like a handful of them a lot.

Do you work to work, or work because you enjoy it?

I'm legally obligated to attend school. I understand it's necessary. That doesn't make me not want to commit murder, though.

What do you think would be the ideal job?

See "what do you want to do someday?"

Hobbies?

See the first question.

Work ethic?

Weird. I'm insanely ambitious, I want a lot of stuff, but I'm too afraid of failure to ever really let myself try. I won't get singing lessons or take dance or acting lessons because I'm too afraid I won't be any good, even with training, and I won't really try on essays or work because I'm afraid I still won't do well. So, I have a good work ethic somewhere deep inside of me. And I do okay, I guess, my parents say I get good marks, but I'm probably capable of better. But this might be all I'm capable of. I just poured my heart out on a "which occupation are you" quiz.

working with others?

Which others?

dream job?

See "what do you want to do someday?"

Quotes to live by:

Morgan

Postby Morgan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:52 am

I got that it wasn't the main character one, but I couldn't figure out where that one was so I thought I'd mess around with the themed things instead (guess who's bored today... :D) Thanks for the pointer...is this the one you meant?

Name: Morgan

Favorite Country/State: Uh, either France or Scotland. Maybe?
MBTI or other personality type: INFP
Good traits: See the "what people love about you" in the above quiz. Plus, reasonably intelligent, loyal, adaptable.
Bad traits: Again, see "what people hate" in the other quiz.
Talents: Bullshitting. (No, seriously, it's an important skill, consisting of learning just enough about something to sound like you know what you're talking about, and then using lots of words to cover up what you don't know). Uh, actual respectable talents? Drawing, I guess.
Hobbies: Reading, drawing, hitting things, geeking out on the internet.
Are you studious or playful?: Some of both. But studying can be play!
Are you stubborn or a pushover?: Depends. There are a few issues I have very strong feelings on and I will not be moved, but unless it's one of those things, I'm usually willing to bow to other people's wishes.
Lead or follow: I'm a lieutenant :lol: I don't like being totally in charge, but I like to be second-in-command? Not responsible for the big ideas, but for getting everyone else into line and actually getting the leader's ideas into practice.
Optimist or Pessimist: optimistic at the core, but there's an overlay of cynicism over that, and then a shallower surface optimisim...generally I'm conflicted but ultimately hopeful.
Silly or Serious: Fundamentally serious, with some very, very silly moments.
Introvert or Extrovert: Introvert
Compromise or fight for lost cause?: Situational. In most major issues I have "what I actually want" and "the minimum that I'll accept", and while I'll fight pretty hard for the former, if it's really a lost cause, I'll compromise as long as it doesn't slip down past the latter line. That line I'll go down fighting at.

What would you do if you are eating fries and saw a poor person (obviously real, not a faker) ask you for a little bit of food? Give them the rest of the box.
What would you do if you needed more money?
Depending on the amount and urgency:
- Stop eating lunch
- Try and find a job
- Grovelling phonecall to mother
How do you handle crises?
Take deep breath, come up with patch-job fix, implement, go sit in a corner and cry for a bit, come back and work on long-term solution.
What is your dream? To have a clear idea of exactly what I want to change in the world and how to go about it. And, secondarily, to live in my own house where I can paint on the walls and pile books everywhere and keep big shaggy dogs.
If you were in the middle of a battle and things were looking hopeless, what would you do:
How do you respond to being unjustly treated? Fume silently and imagine punching the perpetrator in the face. Then later, either bitch about it in private, go to the gym and beat the shit out of a punching bag, try and find a way to complain/redress the situation, or any combination of the above.
Do you think unjust laws should be repealed or upheld? Repealed, duh.
Would you feel comfortable voicing an unpopular opinion? Depends how important it was to me.
Are you in love? Yes.
Thoughts on morality? The most important thing is to be kind. The difficult part is working out what that entails in a broader sense, and what actually will create the greatest amount of happiness for the greatest number of people, but that's many essays and not a short quiz answer.
Freedom or safety? Freedom.
What moral is the most valuable to have? Compassion.
Lyrics you relate to? I know there are a bunch but I'm drawing a blank :(
When and how did you become disappointed? In minor personal ways, more regularly than is worth recounting. In an overall total disillusionment way, not yet. In a major ideological way:
1: 2009, elderly Quakers are apparently about as hasty as your average Ent
2: 2010/11, the difficulty of finding an effective way of getting the government to listen to people, and the equal intransingency of university authorities.
If something goes wrong would you accept it or change it? Depends on what it is exactly - accept and move on if it's not something major or I'm the only one it affects, try and change it if it's a wider issue.
Rash waistcoats and scarlet opinions

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:00 pm

haha, that's fine :) Someday when you are really bored any of y'all can go to the "The Quizzes" library thread and pull them up :P

I'm seeing Bahorel :)
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 pm

I know this is not Les Mis--- Les Mis is the 1832 Student Rebellion. But as a present to ease the feels of the French Revolution nerds on this forum, I must present----

Which French Revolutionary Are You Most Like?

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
How do people see you?
What do you hate?
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all?
What do you think of monarchy?
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all?
Do you favor gradual or sudden change?
how intimidating are you?
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine?
How much of a leader are you?
Do people love you?
What are your talents?
What are your hobbies?
Who do you admire?
What is your love life like?
What impression do you leave?

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Strengths:

I can write relatively well, I think I can act kind of well, apparently I'm sort of charming? Sometimes?

Weaknesses:

Overly sensitive. Definitely. Um, not great at talking to people. I don't really like meeting new people, and I take things way too personally.

How do people see you?

Depends on the person. But somewhat witty, sarcastic, kind and odd, I think?

What do you hate?

Stupidity, ignorance, needless cruelty, people who think that we live in a vacuum.

What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all?

Well, what I like to think I'd do is go, "screw the king" and continue with my Assembly. I mean, the people must be heard, right?

What do you think of monarchy?

No.

Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all?

Depends on the compromise. Like, at the very least the people are entitled to some rights, none of which they had under the monarchy. But I wouldn't mind a system where there was both a monarchy and an elected government who worked together well, I guess.

Do you favor gradual or sudden change?

Gradual.

how intimidating are you?

I'm 5"3 and I trip over my own feet. What do you think?

What type of people should be sent to the guillotine?

Nobody.

How much of a leader are you?

Slightly leader-ish, I guess. More of a sidekick, though.

Do people love you?

Um... My mom?

What are your talents?

Writing, acting. I think that might be it.

What are your hobbies?

Writing, acting, reading, dancing around like a maniac.

Who do you admire?

From the Revolution? Or just in general? 'Cause Terry Fox, my parents, my friends, you guys.

What is your love life like?

Non-existant.

What impression do you leave?

I dunno.

Quotes to live by:

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 pm

@R: Charlotte Cordayyyy ;)

@Emjolras':

Good traits: kind, loyal, a good friend, smart
Bad traits: stubborn, defiant, a tad impulsive
How do people see you? an idealistic leader of a group of political nerds idealists, a very involved citizen
What do you hate? tyranny, lies, fake people, people who pretend to be with my activism group but land up backstabbing us....
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all? Stay!
What do you think of monarchy? Get rid of it totally- institute a republic.
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all? uproot it all. Although I would have to hear him personally to give a verdict on his fate.
Do you favor gradual or sudden change? Personally- sudden. But it all depends on the change
how intimidating are you? I could be really charming and sweet, but when it comes to defending my views and politics--- I can be intimidating. People also say i'm intimidating while in history class :shock:
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine? traitors, criminals
How much of a leader are you? very much
Do people love you? Yep they do, I hope ;)
What are your talents? public speaking, debating
What are your hobbies? campaigning, being with my friends, debating, speaking, writing, reading
Who do you admire? John C. Calhoun, founding fathers
What is your love life like? None existent- America and my studies are more important. Liberty > Love
What impression do you leave? a passionate leader

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 am

Here I go. I really don't know the individual revolutionaries though.

Which French Revolutionary Are You Most Like?

Strengths: intelligent, friendly (to some degree), cautious, decently good at hiding what I actually feel in times of pain
Weaknesses: blunt, pessimistic, a bit rude, stresses easily
How do people see you? The obnoxious kid who won't stop singing but still manages to pass all of her classes without too much stress (They don't know how much stress there is)
What do you hate? Inequality, prejudice, people who text during shows
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all?: Maybe move it underground until we were ready for a full revolution
What do you think of monarchy?: How about we ditch it.
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all?: I'd go for a compromise, but I doubt that'd work.
Do you favor gradual or sudden change? Gradual if possible.
how intimidating are you?: Do you want to see me angry?
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine?: No one
How much of a leader are you? I'm more of an assistant leader, but I can take command if needed.
Do people love you?: Do they? I don't know.
What are your talents?: Maybe studying
What are your hobbies?: Reading, singing, playing instruments, listening to music
Who do you admire?: In general? My friends, my family, Broadway performers
What is your love life like?: Love life? What love life?
What impression do you leave?: I don't think I leave an impression.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

Danton? Maybe...

Where has Maxime been?

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Because I know Em wants me to ;) ....

Strengths: I can speechify! Yeah!
Weaknesses: I completely freak out when I'm stressed
How do people see you?: The crazy obsessive kid who is a complete nerd and francophile
What do you hate?: Insufferable, incorrigible idiots, people who think they're better than other people because of something they possess, trolls.
What would you do if you were in the National Assembly and the king tried to disband y'all?: "Ain't nobody fuckin' with my assembly". :evil:
What do you think of monarchy?: Seeing as I live in a country where there is a monarchy....it's pretty damn useless and all the royal family do is suck money out of us. As for Louis XIV....sorry dude, no. As for l'Autrichienne.....GTFO.
Should we compromise with the king, or uproot it all?: Let's face it, the system ain't working.
Do you favor gradual or sudden change?: In the case of the Frev, sudden would be preferable.
how intimidating are you?: Depends. I do a great death glare.
What type of people should be sent to the guillotine?: Nobles who don't conform to the revolution, counterrevolutionaries.
How much of a leader are you?: I try not to be a control freak, but I am capable
Do people love you?: Family and friends wise, yeah. Social wise...I don't know
What are your talents?: I write things, I draw things, I can ride a horse, I can do arty things.
What are your hobbies?: Reading, painting, reading, singing, reading, cycling, reading.
Who do you admire?: Robespierre, Victor Hugo, Beethoven, General Munroe. (I don't give a crap that he's fictional.)
What is your love life like?: Non existant. I would prefer it to stay that way for now.
What impression do you leave?: "....what a weirdo!"
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

freedomlover

Postby freedomlover » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:17 pm

A less paranoid Robespierre of course 8)

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm actually not surprised. ;)
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Return to “General Discussion”