What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
deHavilland

Re: What Les Mis Character are you? quiz

Postby deHavilland » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:32 am

Hmmmm...

Well, Charles-Jeanne wasn't mentioned by name in the Brick, so I think I'm going to go with... Jean-Jacques Staub! He was a German emigre whose ability to also speak French was super helpful in dealing with his Parisian clientele. (Kind of like coming to France on an internship, except forever.) He was a very stubborn individual both in real life and in terms of his literary counterpart, going as far as to track his clients down at their personal addresses to demand payment for wares purchased on outstanding credit. Germany during this time period was absolutely rife with political unrest, starting with the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire at the beginning of the century. Staub likely emigrated to France to escape the frustrating political situation, seeking out the (at this time) more enlightened France.

He was definitely a friend of the republic, providing all those fancy waistcoats, crucial for political rallies and viewings of Hernani. Probably also Enjolras' hussar vest. One could argue he was the leader of Parisian fashion at the time.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:21 pm

I really really need to find that fic I half wrote about the origins of the Vest.....

Is Staub the guy Bahorel talks about in one of the cafe scenes?
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Merci beaucoup!
He sounds like a really interesting person, I'm going to have to read more about him :D
That's pretty cool about the fashions. I read somebody about republicanism and vests a while ago, was it from you?
Thanks so much for the new person to read about :)

@Acaila: yes! let me know if you find it.
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Right to be Free

Postby Right to be Free » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:16 pm

The first time I did it, I rigged it so I got Fantine. (I was trying for Cosette.) Then I did the same thing and changed an answer so I got Cosette. But then I did it honestly and got Marius. Since he’s my least favorite character though, (no, seriously! I don’t like Marius at all!) I did it again and again and got either Marius or Valjean. A few months later, after becoming very obsessed with revolution, I did it 20 times in a roll and got Enjolras. So... yeah.
Farewell, citizen!

Can you conceive of the future?

Join in the fight that will give you the right to be free!

Paris La Fleur

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:53 am

It’s interesting how the result changes as you age and change. I got Grantaire a lot maybe five years ago. I doubt I’d get him now as cynicism was our main shared trait. I’m not really much of a cynic these days because I’m not fourteen and angry at the world anymore. I really don’t know who I’d be now. I guess that means I should take a quiz and report back.

UPDATE: The very reliable people at Buzzfeed say Gavroche.

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:04 am

If you ever want to take it again I think its on page 6?
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

Return to “General Discussion”