What are you reading?

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
CC21106

Re: What are you reading?

Postby CC21106 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 am

I have just gotten done with "The Curse of Chalion" for about the 7th time. It's a book I can read and then immediately re-read. Lois McMaster Bujold. Set in the World of the Five Gods. "The Curse of Chalion" and "Paladin of Souls" are as good fantasy novels as I ever read, including the classics. The others in the series vary. The Penric stories are lighter, though not trauma-free. I read "The Hallowed Hunt" about three times trying to figure out what was happening, and just came to the conclusion that it's a downer.

Her Vorkosigan stories are in a class by themselves.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:34 pm

I finished Frederick Backman's latest yesterday: Us Against You, the sequel to Beartown. Wept.

Highly, highly recommend both. Books about a small town that revolves around its hockey team and the trials and travails they face as a result. Spoiler alert: it's not really about the hockey.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

loreine

Postby loreine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 am

I've just started overreading the Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelazny. I've read it before when I was younger and I really enjoyed it. Those worlds the author describes there are fascinating
Let others rise to take our place, until the Earth is free!

Return to “General Discussion”