Coincidences related to Les Mis

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
thedeadareright

Re: Coincidences related to Les Mis

Postby thedeadareright » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:53 pm

The other day I was looking up the town that my grandparents live in. It turns out in the early 20th century they had a sheriff who was running for a third term when they found out that he was a convict who had changed his name.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 pm

The West Wing just referenced Inspector Javert. I am approving more and more of Aaron Sorkin.
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

South Park, episode 17x03, history teaching is fun:
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... 50x366.jpg
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

thedeadareright

Postby thedeadareright » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:08 pm

I was looking for books at a used bookstore near my house, when I found a manga that had the word cossette in the title.

Maria Combeferre

Postby Maria Combeferre » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 am

I'm sitting at a lecture called "R". R is a platform for statistical analysis that we are gonna use in my course. The first time the teachers told us about it their accents were so thick that I
I thought they were saying "ads" for five minutes, until one of my slassmates asked if it was called "simply the letter "r"?" and the teachers answered "capital R, yes", at which I naturally exclaims "Grantaire!". We'll, exclaims....but it was certainly loud enough for my neighbour to turn and give me an odd look :mrgreen: This course suddenly got a lot more bareable.
It's easier to be odd or crazy or insane than to hurt all the time.

Be who you are and say what you mean. Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:48 pm

I passed one of my pupils in the hallways yesterday, and she was humming 'Castle on a Cloud'. :D
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Les Mis helped me in a history test today, because one of our questions was "What year was the Triple Entente?". The Tripple Entente was 1907, three years after the Entente Cordiale in 1904. How did I remember that the Entente Cordiale was 1904? The Windsor Castle concert was in 2004 to mark the centenary of the Entente Cordiale being signed. 8)
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:38 pm

Just realised I hadn't posted about this!
In the classroom on my last placement, there was a poster with images from various musicals. One of which was Les Mis. Within five minutes of noticing it, I was freaking out the person assigned to mentor me by going "That's Frances Ruffelle, and that's Chris Langham, and that's Mandy Holliday and I'm pretty sure that's Mario Frangoulis.....so this is 97 and the guy with his back to the camera.....Matt Cammelle?" (turns out it was Glyn Kerslake, but in my defence all you could see was dark hair). Yeah, I try to keep my nerdery out of sight....honest...
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:38 am

I was looking through some of my theatre souvenirs the other day and realized that Andrew Varela was in the cast the first time I saw Phantom of the Opera live. It was the US Tour in January, 2009, and he was playing Joseph Buquet. And 4 years later, I got to see him as Javert, so hey! :mrgreen:

Barricade Butterfly

Postby Barricade Butterfly » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:34 am

I was standing at the end of a check out line today and my mom was just finishing up her purchase and the cashier goes calmly, "That'll be $18.32", and she read it out like a date. :D I mean, what are the chances?
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and which cannot be silenced"--Victor Hugo

snowfwake6

Postby snowfwake6 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 am

We were driving down the street trying to find the address of a house we'd never been to before. I think the house number was 245something something, and when we were looking for the house my mom pointing to a house and asked "Is that it?" And then I said "No, that's 24601, I think we went too far" then I realized what I said and started freaking out.

I want my house number to be 24601.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:18 pm

I was flicking through a play script earlier and a girl had a speech about how the man she is a mistress to was distracting her from her A levels and how could she concentrate on Victor Hugo and the like in French in those circumstances. Squeed a little bit, because my favourite writer could have picked any French writer, but he picked Hugo <3

Prisoner 24653 wrote:I was looking through some of my theatre souvenirs the other day and realized that Andrew Varela was in the cast the first time I saw Phantom of the Opera live. It was the US Tour in January, 2009, and he was playing Joseph Buquet. And 4 years later, I got to see him as Javert, so hey! :mrgreen:

He is enough of a troll I can totally see him in that part ;)
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Barricade Butterfly

Postby Barricade Butterfly » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:19 pm

snowfwake6 wrote:We were driving down the street trying to find the address of a house we'd never been to before. I think the house number was 245something something, and when we were looking for the house my mom pointing to a house and asked "Is that it?" And then I said "No, that's 24601, I think we went too far" then I realized what I said and started freaking out.

That is so awesome!

I was volunteering with some kindergarteners the other day and one girl was coloring a picture of a dress very intently, with the coordinating stripes and whatnot.
Me: Oh, that's pretty! What colors are you using....red and black!!?
Girl: Yes.
Me: .... :D Oh, I really love those colors together.
Girl: Me too.
It made me so happy.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words, and which cannot be silenced"--Victor Hugo

Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:33 am

Just found out there was an honour (not sure what it is, lands tied to a title I think) in Sussex under the name of L'Aigle

Return to “General Discussion”