Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
deHavilland

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby deHavilland » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Oh, thanks for the head's up!

I have a Broadway program from - I think - 2003 that uses the same cover. I wish they'd posted pics from the inside.
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Yeah that cover was used from 1998 to 2003/4-ish for London, Broadway and the US tours. And most sellers do not care to attach pictures of the publish dates. But 98 and Colm fit for his Toronto stint back then. I spent a good amount of time on ebay finding the correct London 1997 brochure with Hartwig Rudolz as Javert.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:28 am

Actually, now that i think about it, I'm pretty sure it's (mine, that is) from the 3NT. And that 2003 Broadway program has a special "goodbye Broadway!" sort of cover. But all of my playbills etc. are still at my parents' house.

I trust you as the merch expert, though!
"Quand vous aurez besoin de Bahorel, capitaine, Bahorel est là! Je sais faire trébucher tous les chevaux du garde-corps avec une ficelle... Rien qu'une petite ficelle. Enfin, pensez à Bahorel du Café Musain!"

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks. I'm currently expanding my collection with Japanese brochures.

Les Mis was performed in Iran last year: http://www.arabnews.com/node/1429656/art-culture

Now that must have been a different experience.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

deHavilland

Postby deHavilland » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:37 am

"There is, for instance, always at least one other voice accompanying an actress when she sings — since female solos are taboo — although spotting the second voice can be tricky."

What a trip. I bet that was a super interesting production.

Return to “General Discussion”