Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
CC21106

Re: Le Cafe Mu(in)sain

Postby CC21106 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:47 pm

So how are the student accommodations now, Phan? Are you enjoying yourself?

I've been away a long time so have missed what's going on with people. Have to check in more!
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Bought tickets to see Les Mis in Sweden earlier today, and I'm so excited. :D
Lamarque est mort [disco dances patriotically]

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:54 pm

CC21106 wrote:So how are the student accommodations now, Phan? Are you enjoying yourself?

I've been away a long time so have missed what's going on with people. Have to check in more!

Everything's good so far! My flatmates are really great, as are most of the people on my course, though for once I'm having to be the organised, responsible one :P

Morbidmuch_ wrote:Bought tickets to see Les Mis in Sweden earlier today, and I'm so excited. :D

Woop woop! Tell us all about it after!
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:46 pm

TheRandomPhangirl wrote:Woop woop! Tell us all about it after!

Of course! I'm actually really happy we were able to get ticket; pretty much every performance was so booked you couldn't get two seats next to each other.

Postby 23623 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:05 am

Morbidmuch_ wrote:Bought tickets to see Les Mis in Sweden earlier today, and I'm so excited. :D

Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you too! :shock: I hope you'll enjoy it, and please post a review after that for us non-Swedish people!

Emmi Christensson will be playing Cosette right? I'm so madly in love with her Christine atm and I think I might actually die if I could see her play Cosette.

And hey! It's Oct. 8 again!
HAPPY 32ND BIRTHDAY, Les Misérables!
Revolution, but civilization

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:22 pm

23623 wrote:Oh my gosh I'm so excited for you too! :shock: I hope you'll enjoy it, and please post a review after that for us non-Swedish people!

Emmi Christensson will be playing Cosette right? I'm so madly in love with her Christine atm and I think I might actually die if I could see her play Cosette.

I'll most definitely post a review!

Emmi's on for Cosette, yes! I really like her Christine so it's gonna be exciting to hear her as Cosette :)

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 am

Hehe... I had my birthday on the 18th (wow, I’m almost 30...), and a few days prior, I got this in the mail. No card or return address other than the company, which weirded me out a bit... but it turns out that my sister ordered it for me and intended for a card to be included; the company just forgot. :lol:

In any case, though, I love it!

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Just got back from seeing the Swedish Les Mis, and I was pleasantly surprised by the translations. Also, since I've only seen the show in London before, it was interesting to see how the blocking and sets were adapted to a stage without the revolve. Some things that stood out (and I don't know if it's common or not) were that after people died (Fantine, Éponine and Gavroche) the kind of just stood up and walked towards a white light. Fantine remained on the stage until after CoaC, and sang with little Cosette at the "Cosette, I love you very much).

Also, all the barricade boys died very close to the edge of the stage and then remained there until Empty chairs, when they stood and left. I haven't decided yet if I liked it or not. One thing I did like about that was that the women from the barricade found them and it was all kinds of emotions.

If anyone wants a more in depth review, I'm happy to do so :)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:43 pm

That is an awfully long time to lie still! :shock:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Postby 23623 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 am

Prisoner 24653 wrote:Hehe... I had my birthday on the 18th (wow, I’m almost 30...), and a few days prior, I got this in the mail. No card or return address other than the company, which weirded me out a bit... but it turns out that my sister ordered it for me and intended for a card to be included; the company just forgot. :lol:

In any case, though, I love it!

Wow, my birthday is coming soon and if anyone could get me this as a gift I'd be the happiest person in the world!
And belated happy birthday to you!

Morbidmuch_ wrote:Fantine remained on the stage until after CoaC, and sang with little Cosette at the "Cosette, I love you very much).

Ooooh dear! Now I reeeaaally want to see this production because I've always wanted Castle On A Cloud to be a duet with Fantine and Cosette. Had I been there I'd probably have cried my eyes out even though it was just this one line. Listening to dead and living people (especially if they are families) sing together would kill me.

Morbidmuch_ wrote:If anyone wants a more in depth review, I'm happy to do so :)

I'm totally going to read your review if you plan to write one! :D
Revolution, but civilization

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I have that review up on the Stage board if anyone's interested :)

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm getting weirdly emosh about Fantine & Cosette stuff atm :(. Got all misty-eyed over one of our rehearsal photos the other night of the two in the Finale :cry:
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Morbidmuch_

Postby Morbidmuch_ » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Acaila wrote:I'm getting weirdly emosh about Fantine & Cosette stuff atm :(. Got all misty-eyed over one of our rehearsal photos the other night of the two in the Finale :cry:

Share, please :D Would love to see photos from your production! Perhaps there may be some video later on as well?

On a completely different note, but because I'm in a share mood tonight; my seasonal depression is really kicking my ass at the moment :( I have a ton of school work to do and stuff to prepare before my internship starts in two weeks, but I'm so lacking in motivation I can't bring myself to do much else but watch old Law & Order SVU reruns. Anyone have any wisdom to share on how to throw this funk off?

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:50 am

I don't have files for them yet - the ones on our media server were only up until the day before those were taken, and I forgot to even check the server yesterday - but was just seeing them on the camera window. Will certainly get them, and we have managed to agree to have our last night filmed too! There will be streaming! :D May not be able to share stuff openly because of the job thing yada yada (though our twitter account has some earlier rehearsal photos and even a couple of videos) but obviously will find a way.

Havvy is super good at organising tasks and getting things done, I bet she'll have some good advice for you!
Abaisse Chief/Chef

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:37 am

https://m.ebay.de/itm/Les-Miserables-Ch ... Ciid%253A5

Original chain gang costume up on eBay. Mine was cheaper, but hey they don't show up alot. Grab it while you can.
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Return to “General Discussion”