Prayer Requests

Obsess over Harry Potter, regale us with Fluffy's latest escapades, ask for advice on what colour to dye your hair, and continue the raging debate of Pirates vs. Ninjas -- whatever strikes your fancy.
CC21106

Re: Prayer Requests

Postby CC21106 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:59 am

And now Irma is on its way, devastating some of the poorest people in the world as well as some of the richest.
Don't mess with Texas! We mess up enough by ourselves.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:02 am

CeridwenLynne wrote:CC21106 I hope you and your family are ok. If any other Abaisse members are in Texas and Louisiana or have family and friend there thoughts and prayers being sent your way.
Thank you, Ceridwen. We are several hundred miles from the flooding, but we have evacuees here and gas shortages and it is a blow to the whole state. I can't imagine what those people are going through who lost everything, and sometimes relatives too. They are in my prayers.
I have actually made bullets like they're doing in my avatar. Then loaded the gun with a ramrod, and shot it. But I'm not feeling real good about guns right now.

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Irma is headed toward Florida and my home state of Georgia after devastating several island nations in the Caribbean. :(
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:00 pm

I hope all of you in areas that were hit by the storms are safe, along with your families and other loved ones. And now, Puerto Rico is devastated, as well... :(

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 pm

Prisoner 24653 wrote:I hope all of you in areas that were hit by the storms are safe, along with your families and other loved ones. And now, Puerto Rico is devastated, as well... :(
I'm really afraid that they'll have epidemics and even famine in Puerto Rico unless more relief comes in very quickly. For those who believe in prayer that is a place that needs it. At least the Jones Act was waived and they'll let foreign relief ships in--for 10 days. I think they should send in the military big-time to set up refugee camps. temporary airfields, and all the kinds of things they are good at.

Houston is still swamped and the governor of Texas doesn't want to release any of the state emergency funds to them because (the real reason, maybe I should put this over in political posts) Houston voted blue in our red state. Isn't there something in the Bible about "those who have hardened their hearts"? There is plenty of that going around.

Prisoner 24653

Postby Prisoner 24653 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:12 am

CC21106 wrote:
Prisoner 24653 wrote:I hope all of you in areas that were hit by the storms are safe, along with your families and other loved ones. And now, Puerto Rico is devastated, as well... :(
I'm really afraid that they'll have epidemics and even famine in Puerto Rico unless more relief comes in very quickly. For those who believe in prayer that is a place that needs it. At least the Jones Act was waived and they'll let foreign relief ships in--for 10 days. I think they should send in the military big-time to set up refugee camps. temporary airfields, and all the kinds of things they are good at.

Houston is still swamped and the governor of Texas doesn't want to release any of the state emergency funds to them because (the real reason, maybe I should put this over in political posts) Houston voted blue in our red state. Isn't there something in the Bible about "those who have hardened their hearts"? There is plenty of that going around.

That’s horrible! :(

And now, the shooting in Las Vegas where over 50 people were killed and countless more were injured, all by one heavily armed guy in a hotel room. Like we didn’t have enough disasters already.

CC21106

Postby CC21106 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:16 am

Houston is still swamped and the governor of Texas doesn't want to release any of the state emergency funds to them...
Update: Houston has some money now.
After sparring over whether the state should tap into its Rainy Day Fund for the city’s effort to recover from Hurricane Harvey’s devastating flooding, Governor Greg Abbott handed Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner a $50 million check on Friday. Abbott still hasn’t reached into the Rainy Day Fund—the $50 million comes from a $100 million disaster relief fund appropriated to Abbott’s office during the last legislative session—but Abbott did concede to using the source for long-term recovery costs, though that likely means he won’t dip into it until 2019 at the earliest. “The time to use the thrust of the Rainy Day Fund is when the expenses are known,” Abbott said at a press conference Friday. “So the members of the Legislature know how best to use the Rainy Day Fund.”
(The Texas Legislature doesn't meet again until 2019.)

Harvey, Irma, Maria, Puerto Rico, Las Vegas--it's overwhelming.

Return to “General Discussion”