Your icon

Icons, banners, wallpapers, etc -- share them here.
Mamselle Miss

Postby Mamselle Miss » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:30 am

I decided to change my av.
Laughter is not all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
-Oscar Wilde

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Mine is...what's his name...that guy who played Valjean in Philly...

:lol:

Mamselle Miss

Postby Mamselle Miss » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh yeah! I know him. What is his name? :wink:
Laughter is not all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.

-Oscar Wilde

MllePaula

Postby MllePaula » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Mamselle Miss wrote:Oh yeah! I know him. What is his name? :wink:

We'll have to ask Freddie...he might know. :twisted:

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:12 am

:lol: You guys win at life.

Bramblefox

Postby Bramblefox » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 pm

MmeJavert wrote:Eeeeee. Playschool!Quast! <3

*has a video with all sorts of Quastclips on it, including some of him in that show. Cutest thing evar*

Aaah! You do? My gosh. I've only seen screencaps, which of course don't lend to the fantasticness of PQ...have you posted it anywhere?

Mine's of the great Philip Quast, in a little icon I got from some website. I think it was the official Javert fanlisting or something.
"There, I have burned my coat. They always make the fires too damn hot in these stoves."
http://bramblefox.weebly.com

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:27 am

Bramblefox wrote:
MmeJavert wrote:Eeeeee. Playschool!Quast! <3

*has a video with all sorts of Quastclips on it, including some of him in that show. Cutest thing evar*

Aaah! You do? My gosh. I've only seen screencaps, which of course don't lend to the fantasticness of PQ...have you posted it anywhere?

Unfortunately when I say video I mean exactly that: a VHS. Which is in my mother's basement since I forgot to find and rescue it before I left home. :( Hopefully it'll stay there until I can retrieve it, which won't be for awhile. Even if I did have it, I have no way to transfer that stuff to digital.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Bramblefox

Postby Bramblefox » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm

MmeJavert wrote:Unfortunately when I say video I mean exactly that: a VHS. Which is in my mother's basement since I forgot to find and rescue it before I left home. :( Hopefully it'll stay there until I can retrieve it, which won't be for awhile. Even if I did have it, I have no way to transfer that stuff to digital.

Aw man...I guess it can't be helped.

Changed my avvie: now it's a (night)stick figure of DOOOM offering his hat to an invisable recipient. Woo.
"There, I have burned my coat. They always make the fires too damn hot in these stoves."

http://bramblefox.weebly.com

parnasse

Postby parnasse » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:17 pm

^ Yours is quite adorable.

Almost too much for its own good.

(I'm kidding).

Anyway, mine is from High School Musical, which played in rep with Les Misérables this season. Luckily, there were only two showings of HSM that weekend, but I aptly named it High School Musical: At the Barricade. (As one can see in the picture, there's the HSM logo with the barricade underneath).

Vice

Postby Vice » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:29 pm

XD Love it.

I made my avvi. I've never really animated from scratch before...

SylvieProuvaire1832

Postby SylvieProuvaire1832 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 pm

You made that???

Wow! *is impressed*
Have courage for the greatest sorrows of life and patience for the small ones, and when you have labouriously acomplished your daily tasks, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.

Rose1836

Re: Your icon

Postby Rose1836 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:20 pm

This is a shot of the painting My sweet rose (AKA Soul of a rose) by John William Waterhouse.
I have also thought to use the icon of David Thaxton, my favorite Enjolras. :D

Rose1836

Postby Rose1836 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:36 am

OK, I changed the icon. Now it´s Audrey Benoit as wonderful Clarimonde in decent and quite faithful 1998 adaptation of La Morte Amoureuse (1836) by Theophile Gautier.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 am

I just changed my icon recently, for variety's sake, though I think I might be slightly more fond of the old one. Then again, I'm resistant to change. :wink: As of right now, my icon is this: http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/banished_icon_large-36352038.jpg Text added to an old illustration, "Le Grand Père et le Petit-fils."
My other one was this: http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/marius_sat_down_on_his_bed-582679.jpg An old illustration by Jeanniot, I think, which I layered with a bunch of transparent scenes, like Gillenormand, M. Mabeuf, Cosette, Éponine, Colonel Pontmercy's grave, Jondrette's gang, etc. I thought it looked like he was deep in thought, and so I wondered what he was thinking about until I realized all the other illustrations and Brick parts kind of told you. Who wouldn't feel overwhelmed, with all that weighing on their mind...?
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Trompe-la-Mort

Postby Trompe-la-Mort » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Oh, why not?

Mine is based on a scene from the 1970s TV series "Splendeurs et misères des courtisanes" showing Georges Geret as Trompe-la-Mort. The scene is the one in which the doctor and judge check his back for the convicts' brand.
I took a still picture and made an ink drawing from it. The original is about 6cm*6cm and I added the black background in the computer, because everything else would have been a waste of ink (and time). The same drawing exists as a much bigger pencil drawing too, but that didn't look half as good when scanned.
Dark sarcasm ought to be taught at schools!

Return to “Web Graphics”