Your icon

Icons, banners, wallpapers, etc -- share them here.
Little_Gamine1832

Re: Your icon

Postby Little_Gamine1832 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Mine is a little something I whipped up on Gimp featuring Sam Barks as Éponine with roses in the background, you know the whole "Rose in Misery..." Thing that M. Hugo describes :)

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Mine is John Brink (Feuilly) and Eric Van Tielen (Combeferre) from the US Tour cast.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

La_Armada

Postby La_Armada » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Not my icon, but my signature this time around. Full image can be found here, and it's freakishly gorgeous. I love how The movie has inspired a lot of amazing artists, and stumbling upon gems like these makes me happy.

And no, before you ask, I don't compulsively stalk the Enjolras tag on DeviantArt in hopes of finding Aaron Tveit material, why'd you even wonder? :oops:

Auf die Barrikaden

Postby Auf die Barrikaden » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Mine depicts the Berlin revolutionaries of 1848 on the barricades, full image here: http://blogs.taz.de/schroederkalender/f ... chhoff.jpg

Les Mis-themed, home-themed, history-themed...what more can you wish from an icon for this board.

I considered this one but it proved to be too detailed, although it's lovely: http://bundesrepublik.files.wordpress.c ... blik-1.jpg

The amis would have that one as a poster in their bedroom. ;)
Resident Les Miz prop expert and collector
Non licet omnibus adire Corinthum
Former Roles: Jesus (Jesus Christ Superstar), Dr Orin Scrivello (Little Shop of Horrors), Ensemble Cameo (Fame)

Rose1836

Postby Rose1836 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 am

I changed my avatar AGAIN! Now it stays, promise!
It´s Eppie Sue´s great icon and David Thaxton, my THE Enjolras, in Heaven! :D

moderntrickster

Postby moderntrickster » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:56 pm

My icon is the tomb of St. Sebastian by Antonio Giorgetti, at the Roman Basilica of St. Sebastian. I'm pretty sure this is the full image that I edited the icon from.

I've found a way to slip a St. Sebastian reference into almost every fandom I'm in and, with Grantaire being an artist and Enjolras already being compared to Apollo, the reference is more or less built in for me. It's probably going to be a plot point of at least one future fic.
Suffering seems to be the inevitable fate of the creative sensitive types. Poverty, disease, death, unrequited love affairs, and disappointments of every sort fan the flame of the artistic spirit. - Henry Miller

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am

Random thing I noticed-- I was searching for some Les Mis pictures on google images, I don't remember what, but as I was going through the list, I noticed, all of a sudden, the icon I'd made and used a while ago. I'd never uploaded it anywhere, so I thought that was kind of strange, and I clicked on it to enlarge it, and clicked "see full-size image," and then it brought me to a picture of my current (different) icon. I suppose it does make a lot of sense...but a little strange, isn't it? :lol:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:27 pm

I finally decided on my icon :D - It is that of the barricade boys from the film during 'One Day More', with the line "It is time for us all to decide who we are."

I fell in love with the icon the moment I saw it!!
Last edited by Courgette on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy..."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

I love it Courgette! Great choice!

Mine is evidently two of my favourite things, Tveitjolras and red flags! What more could you possibly want? :lol:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 am

George Blagden because he's gorgeous and he played Grantaire. :wink:
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:40 am

If my memory serves me well, though, you had him a good five months before the movie, at least. :wink:

Mine, currently (I know, they always look the same) is an illustration of Éponine's death by Jeanniot, with some text from The Agony of Death After the Agony of Life layered over it.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 am

I am impressed with your dedication Zelle! I confess I didn't not join the Cult of Blagden until....oooh, "Some wine and say what's going on"? :lol:
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 am

Acaila wrote:I am impressed with your dedication Zelle! I confess I didn't not join the Cult of Blagden until....oooh, "Some wine and say what's going on"? :lol:

I hold Blagden responsible for ruining my life - I love and hate him to death for the very same reasons - "damn your brilliant perfection, Blagdog..."

The Bricklayer

Postby The Bricklayer » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Courgette wrote:
Acaila wrote:I am impressed with your dedication Zelle! I confess I didn't not join the Cult of Blagden until....oooh, "Some wine and say what's going on"? :lol:

I hold Blagden responsible for ruining my life - I love and hate him to death for the very same reasons - "damn your brilliant perfection, Blagdog..."
Have you heard "Giants in the Sky?"
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

Courgette

Postby Courgette » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:38 pm

The Bricklayer wrote:
Courgette wrote:

Have you heard "Giants in the Sky?"

That's how it all started for me, actually. I listened to it simply to know what his singing voice was like (this was before the film was released), and...the rest is history.

Return to “Web Graphics”