"Les Amis De L'ABC" illustration meme challenge

Share your art with us!
K. von Dork

"Les Amis De L'ABC" illustration meme challenge

Postby K. von Dork » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:28 am

Yes...that's right.

So our very own Despard made a goooooooorgeoussssss illustration that totally upped the original, in which Les Amis de L'ABC were depicted as a group of 50-year old men, which made me want to draw my own kakka version.

This:

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwa ... lesmiz.jpg

(Terrible quality, I know.)

On deviantART, I made a very gratuitous announcement full of typical knightly emotion and *ahem* enthusiasm about attempting to tackle this...thing. (Of course, I'll never be able to surpass Mlle Despard, but looking at all of this 50 year old manisme drove me mad like Marius worshipping Napoleon.)

I've discussed the idea of creating a 'challenge' with Cary and Despard on the (f)art site, and it would be faaaaaabulous if more people from this fandom would come along and join the shenanigans by remaking that illustration.

(This is a sneak preview of the kakkanen rendition I'm currently working on, just to show and prove that I am being a serious kid.)

I cannot wait to see everyone's illustrations!

Roses for Ophelia

Re: "Les Amis De L'ABC" illustration meme challenge

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:52 am

Sounds awesome! If i could draw i would try, but i can't. Can't wait to see everyone else's though!
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sat May 01, 2010 12:32 am

The sneak preview makes me all the more eager to see your final version! And of course I can't wait for Cary's.

I'm tempted to give it another try...I've recently done an Enjolras that is a bit different and which I rather like - very young, and long haired. It would be an utter contrast to the illustrated version!
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

K. von Dork

Postby K. von Dork » Sat May 01, 2010 3:57 am

@ Roses for Ophelia- That's totally fine! I'm not forcing anyone, and I do realize that it's a difficult task, but I think that's part of the challenge! XDDD

@ Despard- I so vant to see this 'new' Ange avec des cheveux longs! BTW-how's French class? Have you learned enough now so that you can write an essay? Me, I've been studying since 7th grade, and I still struggle with writing ONE paragraph! :mrgreen:

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 am

I'm gonna end up making Chibis of the boys, and making Hugo do worse than roll in his grave...

Let's see if I have time to do this while I'm at the beach next week.
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Roses for Ophelia

Postby Roses for Ophelia » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 am

chibi amis would be 24601 kinds of awesome! i didn't even know you could draw, aurelia. i can't WAIT to see those, you must try!
Rivers belong where they can ramble...

Cary

Postby Cary » Mon May 03, 2010 9:54 am

I schnertzed at the "24601 kinds of awesome" bit. :lol: I'd love to see your chibi Amis, Aurelia.

And KvD, stop taunting us! I've been trying to tear at the edges of your wicked little thumbnail in hopes of revealing more of the picture. :lol: (This will end in tears, I tell you. And a spacetime-continuity breach...). Needless to say, I can't wait to see the finished product.

K. von Dork

Postby K. von Dork » Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

@-Aurelia XDDDD YES that would be very cute!

@ Cary-I predict that this week isn't overlöded with tests and quizzes sooooo I'm making a it a priority to finish that thing. I can tell you that it's not very surprising. Once you see it, you'll probably be like, "Oh, I expected that."

a_marguerite

Postby a_marguerite » Thu May 20, 2010 4:46 pm

WOWO I'm late. However, this does give me a good chance to ask if you're any closer to letting us see the final product?

K. von Dork

Postby K. von Dork » Fri May 21, 2010 12:32 am

The status of this piece of kakka is at this moment, is an improvement from this shot, as Enjolras, Courfeyrac, and Combeferre are making their way onto the paper, and I have the outlines of the four boys in the back.

I haven't gotten much "real" time to work on it, as I'm swamped with end-of the year projects and silly nonsense, but it typically takes me 50,000 years to draw a line, but even if I have an extra 5 minutes before class starts, I have it with me at all times, just in case. Filthy high school lunch table, gym class locker room, in the car on the way to who knows where, right now, even!

Return to “Fan Art”