Adventures With Courfeyrac. Part 2: Wild West

Share your art with us!
Col.Despard

Adventures With Courfeyrac. Part 2: Wild West

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:55 am

Well, I was quadruple dared to do it.

Marius walks in on Courfeyrac playing Strip Faro.

Courfeyrac is already down to his hose, but I imagine he's been playing in the same spirit as "my shirt is chafing me...do you mind if I take it off?"

Although the game is partway through, he's invited Marius to join them anyway...after all, Marie-Élise on his left there hasn't even lost her stays yet, and given how poorly Marius is at cards, he'll catch up with them soon.

Alternate title: Traumatising Marius

Last edited by Col.Despard on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

Marianne

Postby Marianne » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:00 am

OMG there are so many things about this that made me bust out laughing. Marius' mildly puzzled expression! The ridiculous 1830s hairdos! The fact that the girl on the left isn't wearing much besides her ridiculous 1830s hairdo! Courfeyrac's casually crossed legs--or is that Marie-Élise foot-fondling him under the table?
[Dieu] entend ta voix, ô fille des hommes! aussi bien que celle des constellations; car rien n'est petit pour celui devant lequel rien n'est grand.
- George Sand, Les sept cordes de la lyre

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:03 am

Lol - they're casually crossed (although I'm sure she's been playing footsies).

Their other playing partner has just lost a hand, as you see, and is about to rise to her feet to remove a garter. At which point, Marius - copping quite an eyeful - might pass out.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:08 pm

This is so awesome!!!! "Sit down, won't you? Oh, come on. Sylvie's nearly out anyway. Someone has to give Marie-Elise a run for her money."

I think Marius will faint :)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:13 pm

OMG! That's amazing. :lol: Poor Marius.

Girl on Courfeyrac's left seems to be the best card player as she looks still entirely dressed!
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Hrm...perhaps Courfeyrac thinks this might be the moment to palm Marie-Elise off on Marius, as she's obviously taking the game far too seriously and is not getting her gear off nearly quick enough.

This was fun to do...I was adding some shine to the winebottles at work last thing, and a colleague asked if she could see what I was sketching. I thought about it, held it up, and asked "what does that scene look like to you?"

Her jaw dropped. "Awesome! Victorian strip poker!"

I explained she was reasonably close, if not on the money.

Frédérique

Postby Frédérique » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:41 pm

What a sight!
("Um, of course I would like to gamble with you, Courfeyrac, but I am afraid I do not meet the requirements." - "What ever can you mean? If you think that all players at this table must be endowed with breasts, why, you will find it quite easy to discern that I for one have none. If I had I should have staked them already, and Marie-Elise would soon take them off me and use them as hair rats." - "No. It is merely, as you know very well I have no money at all--" - "Come, young man, I don't see how that should impose any constraints on your participation." - "I already owe you ten louis! You cannot want to lend me more for-- frivolities." - "But I assure you, money is altogether unnecessary in this game. Look very closely. What happens when you lose is--" [Sylvie gets up.] - "Oh. Oh, that is why-- [thump]".)

Part 1, is it? Disquieting, most disquieting.

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:56 pm

This could, of course, be the reason why Marius moved into the Gorbeau tenement.

Frédérique, I'm sure other Courfeyracian exploits will occur - thus the "Part 1."

There's an awful lot of things he could get up to, of which strip Faro would probably be the mildest.

I did add clocks to Marie-Élise's hose, but unfortunately at this res they just look like an extra pencil stroke. Love clocks - I went on a hunt for modern replicas, and have failed to find them yet.

lesmisloony

Postby lesmisloony » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Oh my goodness. I would have to see this while my poor roommate tries to sleep a few feet away. I keep having to hold my breath every time I see Marius's expression. I actually went over to deviantart just to embiggen it and laugh all the harder. Marius looks so... dismayed! And the undergarments are wonderful. I keep grinning at the stockings and garters.

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Yes, poor Marius! Although I suppose he can't really be blamed...after all, I'm not entirely sure I'd be thrilled if I walked in on one my room mates with a couple of strangers playing strip poker. Then again, when one lives with Courfeyrac, one sort of expects this sort of thing could happen.

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Marius really ought to know Courfeyrac by that point. :lol: He shows up at Courfeyrac's door and asks to sleep with him; I'd be downright shocked if by that point he was surprised at his friend's habits.

Still, Marius should totally join in. Maybe some of that wine would help ...? :D
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Postby 9430 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Oh dear, poor Marius. The expression on his face is priceless!
aka Fiwen

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 am

Yeeeessss...I suppose Marius has no right to expect anything else but Courfeyrac shenanigans. Small price to pay for having Courfeyrac for a flatmate! Well, that and the interminable advice on his love life that Courfeyrac likes to dole out.

I'd like to do a sketch of the "we're not going to follow a man following a man" scene, as I think that's one of Courfeyrac's finest moments. He's undoubtedly curious as to what Marius is up to, but he's such a tactful friend that he calls off Bossuet and leaves Marius to it.

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 am

It's also along the lines of "you get what you pay for". If you're not paying rent, it's hard to be righteously indignant about your flatmate not knowing you were actually coming home before dawn this time and planning his evening accordingly :)
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Ulkis

Postby Ulkis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 am

Hee. Pauvre petit.

Return to “Fan Art”