Rachelle's amigurumi dollies

Share your art with us!
Rachelle

Rachelle's amigurumi dollies

Postby Rachelle » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Finally after a week of almost solid crocheting, I have made something resembling an Enjolras amigurumi (even if he has no shoes or facial features). I probably made everything 10 times more complicated than I should have such as making my own gold braid (5 yellow thread and 5 orange thread). In the next while I intend to make him some shoes and maybe facial features, though I kinda like him without any and I've been known to ruin things when I start trying to add eyes etc. He also needs a flag but I don't think I have enough red wool and the local wool shop has closed down. I might try and make one tonight.

I'd love to make more of these but to be honest, that took so much time and effort (I didn't use any patterns so I had to work everything out) I can't really face the thought of starting over so soon.

edit: I'm not sure why the photo is upside down, but I suppose for Enjolras it kinda makes sense.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.99 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
"Cure your Cholera with boiled water and bananas"

Alouette

Re: Rachelle's amigurumi dollies

Postby Alouette » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 am

This is gorgeous Rachelle! And lol at the upside down comment :D

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:59 pm

It looks awesome and cuddly. :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Thanks guys xxx

I'm really itching to make another one despite all the gruelling hard work. I've no brown wool so it's going to have to be Fantine. I've some pretty blue wool for her dress and hopefully enough yellow for some long hair.

Also, it didn't translate too well in the photo but Enjy's shirt is sparkly. I had no plain white wool, only sparkly stuff. :lol:

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:20 pm

Update on Fantine.
I thought she would be so much easier to make because she has less complicated items of clothing and because she is my second one but she had her own challenges.
1. The hair, she has a lot of it. It wasn't difficult to make, it just took ages.
2. The dress, I've avoided using patterns for any of these dolls and for the dress I had a really clear idea of what I wanted; a regency shape, long sleeves, removable so I can make other clothes for her. It took ages because I had to keep ripping out rows. And then it ended up too low cut so I had to add a row or two to the neckline.
I still need to make her necklace and maybe a sash for her dress. She could probably do with a bonnet of some sort too but she has so much hair it mightn't fit.
I've bought some brown wool for Cosette's hair and have worked out how to make it curly. I'll probably make her next.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (232.65 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Last edited by Rachelle on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rachelle

Postby Rachelle » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 pm

Yet again she is upside down.
No idea why.

Return to “Fan Art”