Éponine obsession strikes again

Share your art with us!
geminimimi

Éponine obsession strikes again

Postby geminimimi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm posting this under a new thread and not my old 'miserable doodles' thread because I like to think I've improved and refuse to be associated with my younger self xD

So anyway, here's Éponine, being suitably miserable and stuff. It's really grainy, being the side effect of using pencils. I might have painted it but I got too darn lazy and picked up my pencils just two inches away from me. I swear, all I draw is Éponine. I have to stop, because drawing starving emaciated girls can't be healthy. :lol:

Hope you guys like it :)

IMG-20131026-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20131026-WA0001.jpg (136.19 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Gervais

Re: Éponine obsession strikes again

Postby Gervais » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

Oh my gosh, Elaine, that is beautiful. :shock: Though you shouldn't be ashamed of your older doodles at all, I promise. :wink:

(And nice to see you again! :mrgreen: )

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Nice! The pencils are definitely a good medium for the sort of grimy feel. She looks very young, which I kind of like. She was a teenage girl after all, and you don't often get that feeling from other portrayals. Well done :D
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh this is wonderful! I adore the expression, perfect drawing!
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:37 pm

Sorry for my uber late reply, punctuality isn't one of my limited fortes. THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH for your comments :D
Gervais wrote:Oh my gosh, Elaine, that is beautiful. :shock: Though you shouldn't be ashamed of your older doodles at all, I promise. :wink:

(And nice to see you again! :mrgreen: )

great to be back :) Ah I wouldn't call it 'beautiful'. It is after all, just a doodle. One day I'll have to do a full blown masterpiece of dear 'Ponine. When I chalk up the time of course (that may actually take a full year :( )

Acaila wrote:Nice! The pencils are definitely a good medium for the sort of grimy feel. She looks very young, which I kind of like. She was a teenage girl after all, and you don't often get that feeling from other portrayals. Well done :D

My dream Éponine is suitably grimy and dirty, and I'm glad you picked up the grimy feel. This 'Ponine looks kinda sad and pitiful. I guess I was going for the poor little gamine vibe, probably when Éponine just moved into Paris. I'm glad you liked it :)

IBelieveInYou wrote:Oh this is wonderful! I adore the expression, perfect drawing!

Thanks! The expression sorta reminds me of the expression some poeple give when they take selfies but don't listen to me, my mind is warped. :D
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

Return to “Fan Art”