The Drawings of YoungStudentMarius

Share your art with us!
TheRandomPhangirl

Re: The Drawings of YoungStudentMarius

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun May 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Marius, these are fantastic! And you have gained high respect from me; you can do multi-person layout with a background. Keep it up! ...please?
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun May 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh, Phan, I'm so glad you like them; thank you! And I know, I should probably keep drawing, but it's been forever since I sat down to do another illustration. I'll try and make an effort to make time, now, though; thank you. :D And, while it's not related to Les Mis, I did actually manage to draw something while I was sick this past week, and while it's certainly not in my usual style, you might be interested in it a bit, being the Phan you are. :wink: http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2013-05/sb/all_i_ask_of_you_drawing_3-91141786.jpg
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 pm

:shock: I approve. Wholeheartedly. :mrgreen: I really adore the Apollo's Lyre scene, especially in Lloyd Webber's version. (the song is gorgeous) That Raoul looks like Simon Bailey. 8)

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun May 05, 2013 7:01 pm

It totally is Simon Bailey. 8) And blonde!Katie Hall. I blatantly stole inspiration from screenshots of the UK tour clip on youtube. :mrgreen: 'Cause there's no way I could draw that from my head. :wink: And yeah, the song being stuck in my head for the past week + Marius stuck sick and likely not thinking straight + two days of staring at the paper = that. :mrgreen: Glad you like it!
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sun May 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Like it? Honey, I love it, it's gorgeous. :D (and R/C for the everlasting win)

femtaire

Postby femtaire » Tue May 07, 2013 12:02 am

Marius, your Marius is hot :33 And I love how you draw hair, Cosette's looks absolutely gorgeous! Her cloak makes me think of Christine Daee a little bit :wink:

Yup, love it.
i will follow you into the dark

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Sun May 26, 2013 12:58 am

ok wow every topic i find of yours your work is super amazing studentmarius - hats off :o :shock: :lol:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun May 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Aw, thank you, futuremarius; you're very kind.

And thank you, Femtaire, but the reason the cloak reminds you of Christine in that picture may be because, um, it is Christine. And Raoul. It's only that one that's not Les Mis, but I figured Phan might like to see, seeing as she's TheRandomPhangirl and all. :wink: But thank you very much, I'm glad you like it!

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:12 pm

I promise I'm improving a bit, see? :oops:

I originally started this to help me write Corbett for the crazy genderswap fic collab Gervais, Leslie, Zelle, and I have going on, but then it kind of took a mind of its own, and I'd say I think it works pretty well for a pre-banishment Marius, an era that I don't usually see very many pictures of. (And pardon the non-Regency cravat).

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:38 pm

Marius! This looks so great! I can definitely see your improvement, and really, why do you have to be so dang talented?? :wink: I think this works great for both Corbett or a pre-banishment Marius. There are so many great things about this picture, but look at that hair! You did an especially good job texturing that I think. :)
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Holy hell, Marius, it's gorgeous! Echoing Zelle, yes, it could be either Corbett or pre-banished Marius; either way I absolutely adore it! The hair, the shading, the clothing...just everything! :mrgreen:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Thank you very, very much, Zelle and Phan. :oops: I'm really glad that you think I'm improving, too. :D I guess it has been almost two years since most of the other ones, if you think about it, but I haven't really drawn much since then. But thank you on the hair! At first, the drawing was looking a whole lot like Enjolras, to the point where it was getting ridiculous, and I couldn't figure out why, and then I realised I should probably make him Not Blonde. Oh. :oops: *facepalm*

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:09 am

Sorry for the double post, but I did another drawing, this time of Cosette, and I think I'm mostly happy with it:

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am

I love the expression on her face. And the dress! It's lovely!!
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Morgan

Postby Morgan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Ooh, really pretty! I love her eyes, and her hair is really nice (so is your Marius's, pretty swirly hair for everyone :mrgreen:)
Rash waistcoats and scarlet opinions

Return to “Fan Art”