The Various Misérable Doodles of TheRandomPhangirl

Share your art with us!
TheRandomPhangirl

Re: The Various Misérable Doodles of TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 pm

SJ is always hawt, dear. It's just the way he is!
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:45 pm

Nearly forgot about this. See what bored 13 year old me can do when sitting in my great aunt's living room:

This is also known as 'I draw Enjolras too much'

Azelma_T1995

Postby Azelma_T1995 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:14 pm

TheRandomPhangirl wrote:Nearly forgot about this. See what bored 13 year old me can do when sitting in my great aunt's living room:

This is also known as 'I draw Enjolras too much'

I love this one! its sooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is nothing like a dream to create a future
- Victor Hugo.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Thanks Azelma! *hug*

I drew Éponine, because I'm bummed about missing my chance to see Miz live...again

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Oh, wow, Phan; I like it. She looks very wretched, that's for sure. Prematurely aged, like in the Brick. And the eyes-- they're almost cat-like. That's very interesting, and perhaps rather symbolic? Cool! :D
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

I wanted to make them wolf like, but they turned out catty. *shrug* I wanted to get the whole 'coulda-been-pretty' thing right, because she may have been if circumstances had been happier. I read in one translation of the book that Éponine was blond, and it always irks me when Cosette is blond. So I'm making a statement too. :wink:

Thank god for 40 minute homerooms. (I got Elphaba done too)

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Montparnasse. Because Montparnasse.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 pm

My word, that is Montparnasse. :shock: Great job! I love the smirk. :lol:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 pm

:mrgreen: These are amazing! I can't believe I haven't seen these before... I love the way they're colored. Courfeyrac is so endearing... And your 'Parnasse has an expression that looks exactly like a Montparnasse I know. :lol:

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Aside from the barricade boys (inc Marius and Gav) and Cosette, Parnasse is me favourite french dude. 8) I think he looks like he's pitying something, but maybe that's just me. :shrug:
Thanks Ari! Parnasse was done on my iPad on this brilliant little App I got round Christmas. Everything else is either pencil or watercolours. (soon to be acrylic and oils too....muahahaha)

Speaking of Cosette....

I feel kinda bad for sticking her in that ugly dress from the musical. And her hair's down because I know nothing about 1830s women's fashion.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 pm

:shock: I think that's my favorite you've done yet. Wow. She's beautiful. And I love the position you drew her in; I can never seem to get a face from that angle when I try, but it was executed wonderfully. She's definitely different from one's typical image of Cosette, I think, but I like how you seem to have connected her more to Fantine, sort of, with that, or, at least, that's what I got from it. :oops:

...Oh, and by the way-- the hair is gorgeous. 1830s hair? You. Don't. Want. To. Know. :shock: >shudder<

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote::shock: I think that's my favorite you've done yet. Wow. She's beautiful. And I love the position you drew her in; I can never seem to get a face from that angle when I try, but it was executed wonderfully. She's definitely different from one's typical image of Cosette, I think, but I like how you seem to have connected her more to Fantine, sort of, with that, or, at least, that's what I got from it. :oops:

...Oh, and by the way-- the hair is gorgeous. 1830s hair? You. Don't. Want. To. Know. :shock: >shudder<

Oh yeah, your comic about it. *yipe*
So how do you think she is connected to Fantine? I always like to think that Cosette and her mother had an unbreakable bond that even death didn't separate, so you saying that is a really good thing for me.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Good, because I think it came through! I just saw a bit of Fantine in the eyes, sort of, sweet but not void of sadness, in a way, though it's more of a memory. Also, her nose is not ugly at all, but just a smidgen larger than people often depict Cosette as having, which humanises her wonderfully. And I always picture Fantine as having a bit of a stronger profile, which that and the the clear-cut chin help to illustrate, while still being very beautiful. The hair, too-- I always kind of saw that as the primary connection in my own head, though I know the Brick gives them different hair colors, but the way you drew the hair, how it settles, you know, is how I'd imagine it for Fantine. If that makes any sense. :oops: Wonderful job, though.

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I think it's my own little jab against Cosette-bashers too. I'm glad that she shares similarities and I agree with the eyes. When I was drawing, I wanted her to have at least some recollection of how terrible her life had been, and she's looking to the side because she's looking to the future (i.e, her future with Marius) and is hopeful. Symbolism. 8)

And now, have a Jehan

this is really really old now

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I think it's my own little jab against Cosette-bashers too. I'm glad that she shares similarities and I agree with the eyes. When I was drawing, I wanted her to have at least some recollection of how terrible her life had been, and she's looking to the side because she's looking to the future (i.e, her future with Marius) and is hopeful. Symbolism. 8)

And now, have a Jehan

this is really really old now

Return to “Fan Art”