Costumes!

Share your art with us!
YoungStudentMarius

Re: Costumes!

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon May 20, 2013 3:21 am

Aw, thank you so much, Geronimo! I really appreciate it, a lot, coming from you, especially. Thank you. And yes, I suppose I will have to try and take some of those...for that, then I guess it'd be a good time to pair it with the waistcoat, too. :wink:
And yes, they are cloth-covered buttons. I had to double-layer the cloth for the large ones, because otherwise, you'd see the gold and white underneath, but other than that, they weren't really that hard. I think what I had the most trouble with was the pockets. And the buttonholes.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

freedomlover
Location: The Barricade of Freedom!!! or the Saint-Merri Barricade

Postby freedomlover » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Marius, this is amazing :D
ImageTime Machine Theory:According to some people, Hugo had a time machine and based Enjolras on this user but made a male version of this user.

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Mon May 20, 2013 9:49 pm

hey Marius. (boy this may get confusing :P )
Ill be doing les mis twice next year within a few months of each other as marius in both i was just thinking about making my own waist coats and doing them very similar to the movie version (maybe not as tattered) as i dont really care for the costumes ive seen from the stage version in my research.

I have no experience in costume (or clothing period) making and im really picky with the costumes i wear i normally hire my costumes for shows from london but it isnt possible for these two productions being costly for two runs.

Any advice ill be doing it with machine more than likely.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 am

Hey, Futuremarius! Nice to meet you, and welcome!

Wow, that's really, really cool! Man, how much I'd love to do Les Mis... :mrgreen: And you're playing Marius? That's amazing; congrats! Good for you, too, wanting to make your own things. Well, I'm no expert, I know, but I'd be happy to give you any advice that might help a bit. Is there anything in particular you want to know? Patterns, general ideas, a little info on 1830s clothing, etc...? I will warn you in advance I don't know how to use a sewing machine, yet, but I'd be glad to offer what little I do know. :wink:

Also, maybe you'd like to make an introduction thread for yourself in the intro forum, so we can say hello to you properly? :D
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Wed May 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh Marius how precious did your tailcoat turn out to be :D Worth all the time you invested in it! I would definitely wear it, as well as all your other creations, it's incredibly pretty and well sewn, I adore the collar and the buttons and EVERYTHING! Oh God you are so talented!
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh, thank you, Liv; you're a sweetheart! And yes, I did wear it just the other day, in fact, for a presentation, and it was surprisingly comfortable, actually. I'm hoping to put it into regular rotation this fall. :wink: But thank you again, very much; I'm so glad you like it!

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Sat May 25, 2013 11:13 pm

young student marius ...thank i shall do that :) :D thank you for the warm welcom

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun May 26, 2013 2:23 am

Wonderful; I see you did! And anytime, of course. :wink: Again, if you ever have any specific questions, too, feel free to ask, and I'll answer as best I can.

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Oh, I missed so much of this! They look amazing - just like always. Cosette's dress is absolutely beautiful...
It's amazing work. :mrgreen:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm

Aw, thank you, Ari. I'm very glad you like them, too. Now that I finally got a few more up. :oops:

And here's the newest thing I have, though I forgot to post it on here when I finished a couple days ago. A regency waistcoat. :mrgreen:

Front:

Back:

Close-up of material and buttons:

TheRandomPhangirl

Postby TheRandomPhangirl » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:42 pm

So preeetttyyyyyyyyy
I'm the one to shout "Down with Polignac!"

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

:shock:
This is why I remember that I wish I knew how to sew. :lol:

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Dude. Marius. Marry me. That is grand. Why? Why do you have to make me so motivational? I shouldn't become motivational of anymore things!
You are a gem!

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Thank you very much, Ari and Phan! :oops: And Liv, we've been over this. :wink: I thank you very much, though; it's a very high compliment, and I'm glad to be a bit motivational, though I'm not sure how it is. :lol:

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 am

So motivational in fact, that I finally did some alterations to a dress after all this time yesterday!
Your new icon :shock:

Return to “Fan Art”