Costumes!

Share your art with us!
YoungStudentMarius

Re: Costumes!

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Well, thank you; I'm glad! And I'd love to see your dress, if you wanted to show it to me. :D

Heh, you like it?
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:42 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

that waistcoat is amazing

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:55 am

Thank you, FM; glad you like it! I just modified an old pattern I'd drawn up once to be double-breasted. After a couple tries, it actually worked. How are your costumes coming? :D
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:35 pm

lets not discuss them for a while they annoyed me so im taking a long break :P

i have a year all will be grand . i hope

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Ah. Sorry. And yes, I'm sure with a whole year, they'll turn out to be astounding. :wink:

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:25 pm

I apologize in advance for the numerous pms you'll get over the next year :L

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 pm

No trouble at all! :D Hopefully I'll be able to help a bit.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:09 pm

I think; no,I'm pretty sure, that you've said this before, but are the pockets on the Tailcoat of Awesomeness real or just the flaps?

And I've already said it, but it's worth saying again: the waistcoat turned out amazingly. And the blue is so pwetty. :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:14 pm

They're real. :mrgreen: If you asked me what the hardest piece to put together on the entire coat was, I would certainly say the pockets. But they're done now, and actually quite large and comfortable, too; you can fit lots of stuff in them, which is nice.

And thank you. I've been saving that fabric (I only had a little bit that someone had given me as leftovers) for almost a year now, until there was a suitable project to match it. :wink:

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:38 pm

All right; it was hard to tell in the picture. :D Does seem like they would be a little difficult, but big pockets are always nice. :mrgreen:

Seems that you chose wisely. :wink:

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I gave up on mine :L and i was just wondering can you o anyone point me in the direction of some fall front trousers for cheap ?
like these
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... d=55667763

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:32 am

Someone'll probably find cheaper ones, but Gentleman's Emporium has a pair for a fine sum of $110, though I think they're the ones you've linked there. http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/002950.php
These are a bit cheaper: http://www.blackbearhistoricalclothing.com/trouser.html
If you're going for accuracy, I don't think you have to have fall-fronts for the 1830s (though the earliest year I can find is 1835, which is three years ahead, but if all else fails...*shrug*).

*sits back and waits for The Smart People to arrive and be Smart About Clothing History*

futuremarius

Postby futuremarius » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Ah no I want to apply to a PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA in STAGE MANAGEMENT AND TECHNICAL THEATRE in 2 years so i want it to look like pretty good even if I'm sourcing it and not making it for like my portfolio I'm doing sets next year and working on lights as an assistant this year for the portfolio too just not willing to pay 110 :L

Return to “Fan Art”