Coffee Cup

Share your art with us!
YoungStudentMarius

Coffee Cup

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:59 am

Hey, so I have finally hopefully figured out how to work this annoying thing called "technology." Which means I can upload photos and stuff now, too! Thanks to all you guys who gave advice to poor Marius here on how to work my computer! :oops:

So, here's the coffee cup I painted. It makes me feel a little better about getting out of bed in the morning, now. :wink: Barricades always help, you know.

The barricade side:

Rue Plumet side:

The "Marius getting banished" side: (blatantly stolen from this awesome illustration: http://www.pontauchange.com/Gallery/3G04.JPG)

The handle (with candlesticks...):

And the inside (with a flag):

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! Feel free to tell me what you think. I had to leave it a little unfinished because we had to leave right away, so the bottom of the cup isn't painted, but I don't think it matters too much. And I can leave a little easier for school with coffee a barricade. Just makes life better. :wink:

EDIT: I made them not upside down now. :oops: I guess technology and I still aren't perfectly reconciled.
Last edited by YoungStudentMarius on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

The Bricklayer

Re: Coffee Cup

Postby The Bricklayer » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:03 am

It's very pretty. I like the color choices. :D I don't like coffee, but I would love to drink hot chocolate out of that.
Tomorrow will come no matter what, but it is up to you to make it better than today.

Proud Member of the Resident Combeferre Club.

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 am

:shock: :D That's really well done. I like the silhouettes especially - that its not just people, but shadows as well. Amazing!

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 am

Thank you! I had fun with it. I just kind of messed around with paint and pencil and hoped it would turn out okay. :D And I think it did, so I'm pleased with it. And I have a thing for silhouettes-- it the character illustration thread, I realized after I posted that in at least half the pictures I'd chosen, you couldn't see the character's face. :oops: They're just interesting, I think.

And, well, when I say "coffee," I mean 90% milk and sugar with some coffee thrown in. :wink:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

geminimimi

Postby geminimimi » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:45 am

This is so cool! I especially love the barricade side, with the mist and the fire. I want a cup like that! It'd make me feel so much better in the mornings. :D
I like to think everything whizzes by her head like sheep jumping over fences, and that Marius comes by every 3-4 sheep. And add scattered leaves flying around and rain falling too. And maybe a unicorn. Thus the insides of Éponine's mind.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 am

So, I know it's not Les Mis...but I went pottery painting again the other day, and I made a Tale of Two Cities one. :mrgreen: In fact, I must confess I think I like it better...it turned out a little more "polished," I think, but anyway, I'm kind of excited, so if you would like to see it, I have some pictures, here:

Yes, before anyone says anything, I blatantly stole designs from a Tale cover and a poster.

Front: Image
Side (sorry, it's kinda blurry, and difficult to see, with the glares and all, but it has Carton's "far, far better thing I do..." line written above): Image
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/tale_cup_sc_1-40912467.jpg
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/tale_cup_guillotine_1-50912995.jpg
Other side (this one's blurry, too, but it has roughly the last half of Carton's letter [from "That I do so now is no cause for regret or grief" to "if it had been otherwise..."] written on what actually looks a bit like old paper in real life, but the camera kinda turned it yellow: Image
It's supposed to be a silhouette of Charles and Lucie. :oops: http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/tale_cup_cl_side_handle-68845299.jpg
http://www.keepandshare.com/userpics/y/o/u/n/gstudentmarius/2012-12/sm/tale_cup_combo_frontcl_side-3562798.jpg
And lastly, sorry, these were a lot, I'm seeing, the inside, which has a pretty famous (and hard to read :roll: ) quote on it:

Thanks, guys!
Last edited by YoungStudentMarius on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AriadneIS

Postby AriadneIS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:01 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: You uploaded it!
It looks wonderful - the background's color makes all the silhouettes stand out. And if the mug is the size it looks, the detailing on it is amazing!
Awesome job (as usual). I wouldn't be able to drink out of it!

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

I know, not Les Mis again. But I posted this in the Cafe thread, and figured it'd be good to consolidate, for the sake of having it all in one place.

But here's my The Phantom of the Opera coffee cup: :mrgreen:

Front:

Side:

Side:

And the inside (it's supposed to be a chandelier, but I know it's a bit muddled, sorry. The yellow's a lot more visible in real life. [And yes, it's on the bottom of the cup because it fell down. :mrgreen: ]):

And I'll edit the previous posts, I think, to have images instead of links, because the links can get annoying, I think. Just in case anybody's wondering about why there's edits almost a year later.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:23 pm

YoungStudentMarius wrote:And I'll edit the previous posts, I think, to have images instead of links, because the links can get annoying, I think. Just in case anybody's wondering about why there's edits almost a year later.

I know we've talked about this a lot, but the fact it's been almost a year is still catching me off guard. :shock:

And I've already said this, too, but here it is again: They're all gorgeous, and I wish a paint brush would cooperate with me enough to be able to do the silhouettes especially. :mrgreen:

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I know, me, too, still. :shock: It's really strange. And how much I've improved with technology over this past year is astounding, too! :mrgreen: Even if still really poor by normal standards.

And thank you very much. :mrgreen: I'm very, very glad you like them. And, well, I do silhouettes because there's no chance actual, real paintings would ever cooperate with me. :wink:

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:40 pm

Oh dude i am speechless :shock: what an artist ou are! I sincerely believe you should sell them! You already have a devoted customer, my sweet Marius! I wish i could say more but i am speechless. These are masterpieces and dont you dare try to prove me wrong
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Aw, thank you, Liv. :oops: It makes me happy you like them so. I wish I could make one for you. :wink:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Sorry for the double-post; I know I've shared this, but I'll just slip it in here for the sake of consistency:

Front, Oliver:

Side, Fagin and Nancy:

Side, Oliver and Mr. Brownlow:

Inside, the Artful Dodger and a quote:

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous, Marius! :shock: I want it! I want some more, that was my favorite part and it broke my heart in your mug! Gorgeous mug about such a gorgeous book! Thank you for sharing again and I can't wait for the next one!
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Return to “Fan Art”