Corner of the Sky, R, ongoing for way too long

Share your stories with us!
MmeBahorel

Corner of the Sky, R, ongoing for way too long

Postby MmeBahorel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:58 am

Since I know some of you are reading but not subscribed, I'm being an awful whore and pimping it here :)

New chapter up - stop the presses, there's actual plot!

Chapter 24

(no, I did not write this and Courfeyrac fic all this week - I just finally got in a position where I can start cleaning up the rest of the Corner of the Sky chapters I wrote in April. More will be coming when I've worked out a couple characterisation issues.)

This weekend, I plan on doing some coding, so expect stuff on the website by Sunday if you prefer to avoid FFN.
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:32 am

And another new chapter (because it keeps expanding far beyond what I wrote on the plane back in April - wasn't squirmy enough then).

Chapter 25

With a new character!
What kind of literature and what kind of life is the same question. - Tom Stoppard

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:06 am

Oh, yay for the quick update! And a great one it is, too - Feuilly is most impressive under pressure.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803
http://coloneldespard.deviantart.com/

MmeBahorel

Re: Corner of the Sky, R, ongoing for way too long

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 am

It lives! It grows! I finally told myself that Franco-Russian relations at this period really don't matter enough to go looking it up for a v. brief reference. (research hiatus is pretty much why anything gets set aside, and then often ends up lying there for months. In this case, the baseline of this chapter is over a year old. But the chapter itself is much better than what I actually wrote on the plane over a year ago, so, uhm, yay?)

For those who are reading it, your patience continues to be much appreciated. I've got some forward momentum, to the point that there will be more posted sooner than nine months from now, but I make no extensive promises beyond that I will finish it one day.

And at least I'm finally getting the poor boy into a better place than I left him nine months ago.

FFN

My website

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Thu May 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Excellent - can't post much here for fear of spoilers, but at least he's out of that last situation we saw him in (albeit under obligation). As I said on your blog, I love his basic decency and honesty (even when his options are so very limited), his idealism that never flaunts itself and is somehow kept flickering alive under dire circumstances, and his pragmatic realism. He really does personify an aspect of personal redemption that I think Hugo would have appreciated.
"The principles of freedom, of humanity, and of justice, will finally triumph over falsehood, tyranny and delusion, and every principle inimical to the interests of the human race" - Edward Despard, 1803

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Tue May 25, 2010 3:42 am

Chapter 27, in which Feuilly angsts analytically.

FFN

My website

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:36 pm

Chapter 28

FFN

My website

Col.Despard

Postby Col.Despard » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 am

Oh, brilliant! I think I'm still a chapter behind in my reviews...will try and redress this immediately!

(Can't believe we got updates on this and Marguerite's APftA in one day...I need a squee icon....).

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:18 am

Chapter 29

My website

FFN

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Chapter 30 - and a quick edit in Chapter 28 to get the appropriate shade of antisemitism to attribute to Babet.

FFN

My website

Cary

Postby Cary » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 am

New chapter!! :D And I just finished rereading the story from the start just a couple of days ago.

I still stand by my promise to draw you a cover for this when you've finished it.

collectingbees

Postby collectingbees » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:32 am

I love Corner of the Sky <3

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Chapter 31 is now up.

My website

FFN

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Chapter 32, in which we continue with actual plot (and mild - for the period - anti-Semitism). Longer chapter this time as there was no good place to break it in half

My website

FFN

MmeBahorel

Postby MmeBahorel » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:00 am

Yes, there is more! There is so much more.

Chapter 33

FFN

My website

Return to “Fan Fiction”