Marius/Cosette/Éponine Genderswap Fic Collab

Share your stories with us!
Gervais

Re: Marius/Cosette/Éponine Genderswap Fic Collab

Postby Gervais » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 am

Alright, edited. Honestly, it really wouldn't make sense to have Corbett meet les Amis so long after starting school....We can see how VJ's death fits in with everything else, maybe, to see if it needs a separation...But yay! Progresss!

"The peas, Woyzeck. The PEAS."

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:43 am

I agree...There ought to be some quite amusing "lost first day oh look here comes a bouncing Courfeyrac to help and torment this poor new kid and take him under his wing" scene. :lol: Or something like that. Sounds good! Thanks, Gervais, and yes...Progress! We're actually really far in, now, if you think about it. And we have our team back! Well, when Zelle's not busy, but...YAY! :mrgreen:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:18 am

GEENDERSWAP SQUAD! UNITE! For real this time! :mrgreen:

So, um...I could start typing up a prologue, if no one objects and/or has done so yet...And I'm assuming we'd send rough drafts to each other via PM? New to this... :oops:

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm back and holy crap I missed so much! :oops: Sorry for the disappearing act too guys. I got home for break on the 15th and I've been running around with family. I'm going to try and be on more, but we'll see what happens. :oops:

Prologue: 182-, includes:
*Fantine's Deathbed
*Col. Pontmercy giving up Marie
*Thernardiers and Corbett
*Reveal of genders

1: (these aren't fixed chapters or orders, just a way of keeping everything together)
*Valjean adopting/rescuing/kidnapping Corbett, including the Great Coffin Escape
*Entrance to the monastary
*Marie growing up with Gillenormand.

2:Time jump to early 1830's
*Older Corbett, Marie, Sabinus
*Marie's leaving, possible political relations and hiring of Fauchy
*Corbett bringing up education
*Introducing and meeting Les Amis

3:So 2 Isn't Too Long:
*Sabinus falling in love with Marie
*Marie and Corbett falling in love (probably switch the order of these)
*Gorbeau House equivalent, including Valjean and possibly Corbett as a hostage
*Rue Plumet equivalent
*Corbett convincing Valjean he should go to school (maybe put this in 2)

4: Shiny!
*Possible Robbery equivalent, or something else making VJ wanting to move away
*Proposal equivalent? It hasn't come up yet, but we could use it if y'all want. Or just skip to
*Corbett blowing off steam and finding himself at the barricade
*Possibly Marie at the barricade too, they argue about making the other go home
*Fauchy asks VJ to look for Marie at barricades, VJ obliges.
*Death of Sabinus
*VJ finds Marie and Corbett, manages to send Marie home but not Corbett
*Death of Gavroche, fall of barricades(?)
*VJ shot in the shoulder and Corbett unconscious, Sewers.
*Implied suicide of Javert, Corbett's recovery and VJ's lack thereof
*Wedding
*Death of VJ

You guys are so amazing for getting this put into a state of non-chaos! I promise Marie's background is being worked on (I've been re-reading the parts with Guillenormand in order to best figure out what I'd need to switch around in order to make it work with Marie vs Marius), and I'll hopefully get that posted up here soon. Sorry again for being gone so much lately! :oops:
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 pm

ZELLE! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And thanks for quoting the list; made me go back and tweak a few things so they made more sense and the same thing didn't happen twice.

And YAY everyone's kinda-here! Maybe! After Christmas!

But everyone's alive! :mrgreen:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:23 am

ZELLE!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We missed you, too! :mrgreen: Good to see you again.

Awesome, the list looks pretty good to me. And it was fun, Zelle and Elaine, but now comes the even more part of adding details, so you didn't miss the important part. :wink:

Yes, our team is alive! And assembled! Even if, yes, I for one will frequent slightly less (if that even works in a grammatical context-- frequent? Less? Well, I think so. Hmmm...) around Christmastime, as I know you all probably will, too, but that's okay; we can still add some details here and there.

Ok, now that we're back, and if we going to start adding details, we should probably begin with...section 1? Though I think a lot of that is covered with our slightly far-back Fauchy ramblings, but I think there's a few crevices we can fill here and there. I think #2 is the one that needs a lot, and personally, I'm very excited for us all to collaborate on the Gorbeau-Robbery-equivalent. So, what do you all think? Where should we start? :mrgreen:
Our chimeras are the things which most resemble us. Each of us dreams of the unknown and the impossible in accordance with his nature.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:41 am

I'm all for trying to figure out Gorbeau; it's kind of a cornerstone, so if we figure who's there, how they got there, and what they do during and their reactions, everything else sort of becomes a little clearer. My questions about it:

*Where it even takes place: I think we've suggested on the street already, so we could go with that,

* Who gets there and how: I think we brought it up that Valjean and Corbett were on a philanthropy mission and Marie was just walking, but...could be tweaked as needed, I guess, though it works as is.

*Who does what: Thernardier eventually got Valjean into a hostage position, I think, but not sure how. Corbett was probably captive, but we were debating, I think....And somehow Marie goes to Javert, and
no mention of what Sabinus was up to. (I say we bring Flower- Girl into it, but that's just a suggestion. :wink: ) b
This is the question we need to work on the most as far as Gorbeau's concerned.

* Reactions: If we figure out Who Does What, the reactions should be fairly simple....

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 am

I agree. And Gorbeau sounds really, really fun. :mrgreen:

I think it could be cool to do it in both the street and in the Jondrette attic, to sort of give it a hybrid feel between Musical and Brick, and sort of create a freaky, exciting, yet more original Hugo-esque type of event. I think this one is the one that will prove we really remade the story, so I agree it's a cornerstone. It will clear up a lot of things.

I think a philanthropy missions definitely makes sense. There's plenty of options, though, but I think philanthropy makes a lot of sense, because if they show up at the same time each week, then Thenardier & Co. could lie in wait for them, and have it nicely planned, with a reason as to how the attack happened.

Perhaps, what if, instead of Brick-like, where they try and get Valjean to deliver them Cosette as captive, they get Valjean by telling him to come ransom Corbett? I think captured Corbett makes a lot of sense, personally, and it could lead to a lot of interesting dialogue. :wink:
Flower-girl? Sorry, I don't quite follow. :oops:
I think what Marie was doing in Paris would tell us what she was doing out. :? Now that Zelle's back, she can clear a lot up as to how motivated Marie is, her relationship with Colonal Pontmercy and Gillenormand, and political activity and stuff. I don't have a good reason for her being there, yet, but I'm sure we all can come up with something plausible, and she definitely seems like the kind of person who would go for help, so we could bring Javert into it.

And I agree-- reactions after context.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 am

YoungStudentMarius wrote:I agree. And Gorbeau sounds really, really fun. :mrgreen:

I think it could be cool to do it in both the street and in the Jondrette attic, to sort of give it a hybrid feel between Musical and Brick, and sort of create a freaky, exciting, yet more original Hugo-esque type of event. I think this one is the one that will prove we really remade the story, so I agree it's a cornerstone. It will clear up a lot of things.

Maybe...maybe capture Corbett on the street, take him to the attic, and Thernardier or Sabinus tell Valjean about the ransom?

I think she's only called Flower-Girl in the Rose translation (the irony BUUURNS) and is only mentioned once or twice, anyway, in the Patron-Minette list.
Fauntleroy, alias Bouquetiere (the Flower Girl).
The only reason I remember her is that I have this strange head-canon that she's either Éponine or Azelma, even though it says she isn't, and I brought her up so...um...Sabinus could...y'know...disappear if needed. And since she (if Fauntleroy is even a girl) is the only member besides the canon Jondrettes who could be a girl...yeah. :oops:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 am

I think that sounds really plausible. He could easily be whacked over the head after seeing Marie for the first time. Either that, or it truly wouldn't be too hard to take him, anyway. :wink: Oh, and Sabinus could deliver the ransom note! Which would set up foundation and be a precursor to later barricade-time note delivering, since he might not be scattering 'round the "take pity" letters.

Yes, it does. :wink: Ah, I see. Hmmm...yes...that could...work. Do you think Sabinus even...would? Never mind, I'm not going to go there... :shock:
Hey, I think we've got another issue to rethink-- Sabinus' relationship with Montparnasse. Obviously not like it was with Éponine. :shock: I bet they'd be pals, huh? Both always being parts of the same crime, though I could see Montparnasse entertaining a (slightly) good-natured contempt for Sabinus.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 am

He would, I'd think. Of course, Elaine gets the final say in what Sabinus does and does not do, but...I think Sabinus wouldn't be too shy about that...

Yeah, I think they'd maybe be a bit like the Gavroche/Parnasse relationship in the brick. A little less friendly, maybe, but the same idea.
Although we could potentially scar you for life and make them have the same relationship as Éponine and Montparnasse. :wink:

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:44 am

Yes. Elaine's got a lot to say, I think. It's possible Sabinus would be given more responsibilities, too, considering that he's, you know, a boy. He might be more in league with dad, too, more saturated in "the family business" because he could be easily taken out on jobs. Oh! One thing we forgot was the attack on Rue Plumet. That could end up a little differently, I think. There's more cause, though, because it would be the house of his beloved, and I can see why he wouldn't want that vandalized. That's probably a good one for Elaine to write, if she wants, probably going in section 3?

Though, I think the Gorbeau robbery should be really interesting, too, because Sabinus cares nothing for Corbett; if anything, he hates him. Their possible interactions could be quite different and unique.

Yes, I think that makes sense, since they're closer in age.
:shock: >whimper< Why do you do this? Why do you do this? Oh. right. "Fun." Ow, head hurts... :shock:

Oh, hey, another thing-- does anybody mind if Corbett and Marie are the same age? I don't know quite where to put them, yet, probably on the younger side, but I think it would be strange having Marie, you know, five years older.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 am

Hey, I consider "Possibly scar you for life" a decent warning. :wink:

I personally don't mind, and it would make sense for Corbett to be around 17 or 18 so to bring up higher education.

YoungStudentMarius

Postby YoungStudentMarius » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:57 am

A warning that should be duly heeded. :wink: By both parties.

I think that sounds like a great age. They'd still be quite dependent, too, which is good.

Now we just need to wait for the rest of the team, which has returned. :wink: I think they'll have a bunch of good ideas, too, and then once we've got the details in, we can start divvying up parts, though I know the prologue is currently in progress. This, I think, is going to be very interesting.

Gervais

Postby Gervais » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Alright, everyone.

First order of business: It looks like we're starting again this summer, because that's when the three still on have time.

Second order of business: It also looks like our fourth member, Elaine, won't be able to participate. Anyone willing to write Sabinus' parts is welcome. The last couple of pages should give enough background info for the new guy.

Order the Third: I've suggested that we think about doing this as a roleplay rather than a fic, mostly to avoid headaches when giving out sections of the story. However, since we've already established this thinking about it as a fic, then maybe it would be easier to just go as planned.

Thank you.

Return to “Fan Fiction”