The Pathos of Man; G-NC-17; updated 11/8/12

Share your stories with us!
TCRegan

The Pathos of Man; G-NC-17; updated 11/8/12

Postby TCRegan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:22 pm

We know how Les Mis ends. But what happens after? A surreal adventure of the Amis in the afterlife.

Part 1: Establishment - http://tcregan.livejournal.com/313562.html

I'm not anticipating any pairings in this one, but it has the potential to get quite dark. Subsequent chapters will be marked appropriately and all hosting will be done off-site for convenience.
Last edited by TCRegan on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

Grantaire, in whom writhed doubt, loved to watch faith soar in Enjolras.

Mme Joly

Re: The Pathos of Man; G

Postby Mme Joly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 am

Pardon my language, but holy fuck.

This is a really interesting conception of Heaven, having everyone be in the same place and yet experience different realities. I remember when I was younger talking with my family about what Heaven for each of us would be like, but this is an idea that reconciles every possible portrayal. I like it a lot.

And the storyline itself. How did evil manage to infiltrate Heaven? Why is Grantaire in Hell? What are the Amis going to have to do to rescue him, and what will happen after that? Only one segment in and I'm already on tenterhooks.

In short, you are a creative genius. But we knew that already.
And I will be a revolution
Be a voice beyond these lies
If it takes my life
And I will not be lost in silence
I will not let darkness hide
This hope beyond my sight
The reason for my life
The revolution

TCRegan

Re: The Pathos of Man; G

Postby TCRegan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:51 am

Thank you for the review!!

It's interesting that your mind immediately goes to Heaven and Hell when there was no set declaration of it. Some allusions of course, but nothing that outright said it. Very interesting. Thank you :)

Also you were the first one out of any of my reviewers to ask the question of why Grantaire wasn't with them!

All your questions will hopefully be answered in future chapters. I have at least two more planned out, but who knows. :)
However, this sceptic had one fantacism. This fantacism was neither a dogma, nor an art, nor a science; it was a man: Enjolras. Grantaire admired, loved and venerated Enjolras.

TCRegan

Re: The Pathos of Man; G-NC-17

Postby TCRegan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Part Two: Stagnation

NC-17 for imagery and violence

http://tcregan.livejournal.com/313732.html

ancslove

Postby ancslove » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Incredible imagery! Brutal, memorable, hard to read yet I can't look away! Grantaire's confusion and horror is heartbreaking, but his natural skepticism works to his benefit here. I like that he doesn't automatically accept his "guide's" explanation, and that he rightly avows that he isn't a bad person. Good for him! Hopefully he can keep that strength. But, GET HIM OUT!!!

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm

What if I just leave him there forever? Whatcha gonna do about it? You know what you can do about it? NOTHING =P

Seriously though you didn't have to review on tumblr and here too. Silly. Thank you though. :)

ancslove

Postby ancslove » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Grantaire warrants multiple GET HIM OUTs! It can't be said enough!

And you love Grantaire too much to leave him there forever. At least, that's what I tell myself!

Mlle_Alexandrie

Postby Mlle_Alexandrie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 pm

I literally just stared at the screen with my mouth hanging open in shock for about three minutes after reading that. It was.... amazingly written, with such... graphic... imagery, and a terribly facinating concept. Brilliant, brilliant job.

I second Ancslove's motion of "Get him out as soon as ficcing possible," by the way.
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

languageotaku

Postby languageotaku » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Wow. I just read both chapters, and this is amazing!
I think the concept of "heaven" being whatever the person themself pictures is a very intriguing idea, as well as the idea that each person judges themself and send themself to hell is also interesting. The imagery for both was great, and it would be just like Enjolras to want to rescue his friends, no matter what the risk.
It's a very unique idea, and I love it. Can't wait to read more!

TCRegan

Postby TCRegan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:05 am

Thank you guys! :3

There will definitely be more. I have the next pieces planned out and I'll be writing soon.

@languageotaku Yesss. A few people have commented on the whole you make your own heaven and your own hell. I wanted something that was accessible to all, deists and atheists alike. I'm glad you liked that.

TCRegan

Re: The Pathos of Man; G-NC-17 - updated 11/8/12

Postby TCRegan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Reposted Chapters 1 and 2 on my dreamwidth: http://tcregan.dreamwidth.org/66689.html

Chapters 3 will be broken into nine parts, four of which are up here: http://tcregan.dreamwidth.org/66820.html

And hopefully more to come soon. Enjoy.

Return to “Fan Fiction”