Beta readers

Share your stories with us!
SpiritOfDawn

Re: Beta readers

Postby SpiritOfDawn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:34 am

I could also help out with ker so betaing... I'm not a native speaker so I may not be a good grammar and spelling beta but when it's about plot setup and overall logic and that sort of thing I think I can help :-). I think I'm okay at bursting writers blocks :-)
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm in terrible need of a beta reader at the moment, as I'm feeling extremely self conscious of my story, and it would help me a lot. Of course my grammar and syntax need more help than anything, as I'm not a native English speaker, but I am painfully worried for my characterizations. The only problem is that my fic is modern AU therefore I'm not sure if someone would like to beta it. I have the first few chapters written. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 am

IBelieveInYou wrote:I'm in terrible need of a beta reader at the moment, as I'm feeling extremely self conscious of my story, and it would help me a lot. Of course my grammar and syntax need more help than anything, as I'm not a native English speaker, but I am painfully worried for my characterizations. The only problem is that my fic is modern AU therefore I'm not sure if someone would like to beta it. I have the first few chapters written. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hm, I'd be up to it. [:

Clearly, I have fantastic luck in the dating field.

Quotes to live by:
"This is highly illegal!" ~Inspector Javert (The Girl Nextdoor)

IBelieveInYou

Postby IBelieveInYou » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm

That would be really amazing :D I have posted a few chapters here and I have more written, whenever you'd be able to read some just tell me, I'd really appreciate it!
Then I saw their trembling features warp and, gradually,
Their foreheads turn pale and dissolve in front of me,
And everyone, like a stream that flows into a sea,
Became completely lost in a dark immensity.

Victor Hugo, The Slope of Reverie

LadyEponine

Beta readers

Postby LadyEponine » Wed May 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi guys! I'm looking for a beta on a fic I'm currently writing, I think as far as grammar and spelling goes I'm good, but I think I'm more worried about if the fic itself is worth a hoot. It's currently a few pages, I was planning on eventually posting it to fanfiction.com (since apparently fics get more attention there than on tumblr).
If anyone's interested PM me or something, please :)

Also, my services are available if anyone else needs a beta!
-Dodger

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi Lady Éponine! :) What's your fic about? I don't do slash, but I can beta anything else you might want me to do.
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

Rebus

Postby Rebus » Fri May 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Hullo! I'm in quite desperate need of a beta for my Grantaire backstory fic. It's not slash and should remain faithful to canon. I need a bit of help with grammar, checking for mistakes, and very much with making sure the characters remain IC and the story faithful to canon.
I get really nervous about characterisation and making sure nothing is overly dramatic or whatever.

Also, more than willing to beta for anyone in need!

MamzelleCombeferre

Postby MamzelleCombeferre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:18 am

ME ME ME!! Sorry for the all caps, but I really love Grantaire and Grantaire back story and I would be more than ecstatic to beta your story! I don't know how much I can do with grammar (I'm atrocious with grammar myself), but I can help with sentence flow, characterization, and generally making sure that everything makes sense together as well as fact checking of certain things. Just pm me or reply here if you want to use me!
KITTENS AND UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS OH MY! *Sparkles*

bewareofitalics

Postby bewareofitalics » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:53 pm

First time posting here, hi! Lately I've been dipping my toes into Les Mis fandom again after a looong time away, and I wasn't sure where else to turn for this. I’m looking for a beta for an Amis-centric Baby-Sitters Club fusion. I handled the first few fics in this series on my own (they’re here, if you want an idea of what you’d be getting into), but the current one is a lot more ambitious, with multiple narrators and actual plot, plus some Hunchback of Notre Dame characters thrown in for good measure, and I’m getting overwhelmed. So far I’ve written two chapters (about 1,400 words each) out of a probable ten or eleven, and I’d like to bounce ideas off someone before writing any more. I’d also like help keeping the proper balance between the Brick characterizations and the Baby-Sitters Club parody elements. So if there’s anyone out there who’s familiar with the BSC and doesn’t mind ridiculous AUs… interested? :)

Thanks!

CeridwenLynne
Location: At the Cafe Musain discussing politics with Enjolras.

Postby CeridwenLynne » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:27 pm

I'd be happy to be a Beta for any fanfic. Even if your story is MA I'd love to read it. I'd focus more on grammar and style because I'm pretty open when it comes to characterizations ---- unless you stray too far from canon.

And I have a short story modern AU that I'd love someone to read before I post here or on the Fanfiction Site. It's an E/E ship where Éponine is a barista in a local coffee shop while Enjolras is a young soldier going off to war. Rated PG -13 for some bad language.

If you want to read my story or have me read yours just PM me.
" He makes no vain sacrifice who fights for a cause. All here are ready to die so that our brothers may live as free men. Liberty... sweet liberty... come fight with those who defend you." ----Enjolras.

Mlle Combeferre

Postby Mlle Combeferre » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:02 pm

I am offering my services as a beta reader and in return would like to request if someone would beta read for me. I am up for reading pretty much anything though Les Amis are my particular weakness and would love fics revolving around them. I can help with characterizations, grammar, spelling and even a little bit of history/background. My French is not so good, so I can't help with that.
I am looking for a beta reader as I am working on a series revolving around the Amis and their different pairings and would love to bounce off ideas with someone and for someone to just generally have a look over them before I post.

Cheers!
'Whatever causes night in our souls, may leave stars.'

Return to “Fan Fiction”