Site Slowness

Please read everything in here before continuing in this forum.
MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Site Slowness

Postby MmeJavert » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 pm

...and has it REALLY been days? (PLZ pm me if you notice site slowness lasting more than a few hours; I don't come often enough to catch it myself anymore)

Anyway, a support ticket for the slowness has been submitted. As the rest of my domains (I host images for use on dreamwidth etc.) seem to report no trouble I'm assuming there's some sort of issue with Abaisse's database connecting correctly.

My webhost is not lightning-fast when it comes to support, so you will have to be patient while I wait on them to get around to fixing it. :)

There is a small possibility that the site may need to come down. If Abaisse stops loading or you see messages that state you are not allowed to log in at this time, please come back in a day or so. I will attempt to alert for any downtime before it happens, but just in case that's not possible, please don't endlessly F5 the site if it looks really down instead of just slow.
and to this day, she's glided on
always home but so far away
like a word misplaced
nothing said, what a waste

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Aurelia Combeferre

Re: Site Slowness

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 am

Got it! Thanks much, MmeJavert! At least it's starting to load a few seconds faster today (but maybe I just got lucky this morning).
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

Acaila

Postby Acaila » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 am

Thanks Mme Javert :)
It's been a bit laggy before, but today's when it's been really bad for me. Fingers crossed the hosting people can sort it :)
Revolution: like Christmas come early only with more death
Abaisse Chief/Chef
"Les Amis Fun Package - The Awesome Traits of Each"
"She's basically Enjolras meets Amy Pond"
Sings Stars "way better than Russel Crowe"

Aurelia Combeferre

Postby Aurelia Combeferre » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:02 am

Timing it....it's working fast again here!

*cheers*
"...all aptitudes having equal opportunity; politically, all votes having equal weight; religiously, all consciences having equal rights."

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 am

Yes, I just heard back from support five minutes ago. Abaisse' server's Apache configuration needed to be restarted and reconfigured. Hopefully this doesn't need to happen again for a long time.
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:44 pm

The slowness has returned, I see -- and yes, it's on my work computer and home laptops so no, it is not just you.

I have submitted a support ticket and it may be related to the data center Abaissé currently lives in. It's very possible Abaissé will have a new data center to call home. I found out that it currently lives in Virginia (the first Abaisse lived on the west coast) and may move to Pennsylvania where they have a newer/better equipped center, and I have NO idea to be honest if that will make a huge difference. If we do move data centers the only thing anyone will notice is perhaps 5 minutes of downtime. It's also possible there's another cause, but that is something they are currently working on, and it's not gonna be a quick fix like a system reboot would be. ;)

As always please keep reporting to me whenever you notice something, I have waaaay many things on my mind including moving out of state and work so I really do use your tweets and PMs and such to help me keep an eye on things. If I don't reply to you it's not that I'm ignoring you; but it does get old replying to every PM sometimes with the same thing.
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

MmeJavert
Benevolent Dictator

Postby MmeJavert » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi guys,

I hope the site's been behaving lately. My host notified me that the site has actually been moved to another server. Hopefully this is a robust one that doesn't have the problems the old one did.
like a word misplaced

~pearl jam, "dissident"

Return to “Important Information”